Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lala81

Our 温馨 5-Room 小狗窝

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

First purchase for someone who has no keys yet...

Decided to make use of our manhattan cards in cashback savings.

Signed up with Gain City for Starmex System 3 for Bedroom 2, 3 and Living Room + inverter single split for MBR.

Gain City's current promotion is free 1+4 yr warranty for aircons instead of $200 GC voucher.

Price fluctuates with the weather. So homeowners may want to sign up before the usual rush for aircons in the next 1-2 months...

Signed up with Gain City for Starmex System 3 for Bedroom 2, 3 and Living Room + inverter single split for MBR.

Gain City's current promotion is free 1+4 yr warranty for aircons instead of $200 GC voucher.

Price fluctuates with the weather. So homeowners may want to sign up before the usual rush for aircons in the next 1-2 months...

hi, may i know how much did you pay for the aircon at gain city?

hi, may i know how much did you pay for the aircon at gain city?

4.5 thereabouts with the 1+4 warranty. got another quote for 4.3+ from RT without additional warranty.

didn't really shop around much cos of the potential issues with installation of aircons.

looking forward to see your reno soon.. :thumbs up: warranty is far better than the 200 voucher wise decision :good: , did you get the package for servicing for every 3 months for the next 3 year?

looking forward to see your reno soon.. :thumbs up: warranty is far better than the 200 voucher wise decision :good: , did you get the package for servicing for every 3 months for the next 3 year?

Thanks. no keys no talk zz

nope not really. will choose another company for servicing. Don't think they have a clause limiting to only servicing by gain city. though i may read thru the contract more carefully again.

Your living looks big!

i'm thinking of partitioning it to make some use of the suggested study area. However my floors and doors come inbuilt. Not a good piece of decision making in 2010 :no: And it's not cheap as well. Almost 6k for that :jawdrop:

Our 2nd purchase to use our manhattan card for this quarter:

This is the brand we bought:
http://www.airland.com/en/products_mattress.php?region=hk

It's a long established HK brand (but not seahorse brand) so zero publicity compared to the usual American and european brands. Sold at IMM level 3, the distributor sells Lotus mattresses as well.

Actually it's not the 1st time we bought this, cos the king size mattress in my room now is also from there. It costs $200 cheaper than the usual price during GSS (real pricing cos i'm buying it now cheaper than my 2011 non-GSS price) :thumbs up:

Kingsize + Bedframe is 1999 during GSS!

I've been sleeping on this brand of mattresses for more than half of my life. And it's firm and good for a bad back (which I have). My wife is happy with it as well.

From my experience from my previous super single which i used for 14 yrs, it doesn't sag at all (this only applies to the supreme 650 range which is the closest to my EOL model) :sport-smiley-003:

Please consider this brand if u want something firm and good. Have no experience with the big brands like Simmon, Sealy, Tempur etc so i won't comment on them.

Have vested interest in this, so that when i want to buy my next mattress, the distributor will still be selling this! :notti:

Ordered a king size mattress + bed frame for MBR and super single + bedframe for bedroom 3. May want to use the guest bed for when my girl is sick...

Currently have a cot frame for my dg (which she doesn't sleep in :( ). So will transport that to my new place.

Beds are settled!

Coming close to 3 yrs since we signed up for the flat.

Opted in for the Doors + tiles in 2010, not a good move on our part. Wait until collect keys, if really don't like the tiles then may just hack them :bleah: though i think my financial sense will prevail...

Just recently looked at the cost. initially i thought it was low 4k to do these, but now realised its almost 6k just to get the above. Should have opted out then!!

Ok next post is more on lighting considerations...

Coming close to 3 yrs since we signed up for the flat.

Opted in for the Doors + tiles in 2010, not a good move on our part. Wait until collect keys, if really don't like the tiles then may just hack them :bleah: though i think my financial sense will prevail...

Just recently looked at the cost. initially i thought it was low 4k to do these, but now realised its almost 6k just to get the above. Should have opted out then!!

Ok next post is more on lighting considerations...

I've seen flats that kept the tiles supplied by hdb and they looked very nice! I've always thought that it is the furnishings that make the house look nice, so if they look ok, I would think it is better to keep it and channel the funds to some big ticket items. Just my thoughts... :)

I've seen flats that kept the tiles supplied by hdb and they looked very nice! I've always thought that it is the furnishings that make the house look nice, so if they look ok, I would think it is better to keep it and channel the funds to some big ticket items. Just my thoughts... :)

i probably will as well lah. I'm only planning to stay about 5-6 years in the place. So no point going overboard :lol:

Haha originally wanted to posted up some lighting i considered. But seems like after i moved them to a separate folder in photobucket, cant access liao. LOL.

Edited by lala81

Ok photobucket is working again.

Considerations for dining table light:
1. Philips pendant light. Warm white bulb with a orangey feel... From SG/malaysia

20130521_194220.jpg

2. Classic knock-off PH5 (likely get from taobao)

PH5light.jpg

These are 2 philips normal ceiling lights which we will consider. These come in square/round versions. The wood can be flipped around to provide the 2 colors. Pine vs ? dark walnut?

20130521_190901.jpg

20130521_190719.jpg