Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lala81

Our 温馨 5-Room 小狗窝

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, can sent me your contact 4 Mr B too...

Hi Lala,

Who is Mr B? =)

Anyway, my reno hasn't started yet. So i want Mr B to be focused on my reno.

I won't be releasing Mr B contact anymore at least until my reno is mostly completed.

To be fair, although he comes recommended from a friend, i can't recommend him to other people without experiencing his service 1st hand.

Maybe in November then i will post his contact on my signature.

Cheers.

Bro n sister. Please check your new house properly.

My common toilet leaks and my MBR washing basin pipe leaks and HDB keep repairing and still leaks.

Now my aircon and Reno starts and HDB still trying their best to repair the leaks

Some usual before photos while i'm awaiting my renovation permit.

View from door entrance.

DSC_0284.jpg

View from corner of Living room back towards door and dining area

- going to hack away that kitchen wall. Revising it to half wall with upper half being glass. Glass door on the left. Original entrance will be sealed.

DSC_0288.jpg

Kitchen

- orginally wanted to hack away the separation between the service yard and kitchen to make the space seem extended. However there is a horizontal pipe going across behind the upper part. Hence no point in hacking. Anyway it contains the water pipes. So plans shelved.

DSC_0286.jpg

Hallway

DSC_0289.jpg

Common toilet

- major disappointment of the flat would be the toilets. The box up of the sewage pipes are so low and they are all over the shower area. Also this common toilet the WC is placed too close to the shower area ! :curse: It results in too small a space to create a tempered glass shower screen. IF a screen is erected, it's just not comfortable for the WC user. And if the space is shrunk further, makes it really difficult to shower a young child. Hence after discussion with Mr. B and Mrs lala, decided to just create a shower curb and leave it as a wet toilet. ABCYXZ !!:curse:

DSC_0290.jpg

MBR Toilet - once again have to change the position of the shower via ugly external piping. Bo pian cos my rainshower cant fit at all. Mr B said it's the lowest boxup he's ever seen.

DSC_0291.jpg

The small MBR from 2 angles

DSC_0292.jpg

DSC_0293.jpg

This post is all about sinks :sport-smiley-018:

Being busy at work, wanted to minimise too many trips to bathroom accessory shops. Seriously, walking along jalan besar in the afternoon is no fun at all. Best is that all these shops are scattered so far along the stretch. Constant need to switch to walking on the road due to the shops plying their trade along that stretch as well.

Previously went to IMM Hoe Kee, SSJ and AsiaExcel 2-3 times. Didn't find anything particularly good. We are also not a fan of Hoe Kee's in-house stuff after my in-laws used their WC, sink, mixer to renovate their toilet 2 yrs ago. Partly my fault since i recommended them to go look see that shop in the 1st place haha 8|

Kitchen sink has always been a dilemma.

I'm going to erect a concrete support for my kitchen sink. So kitchen sink cutout size must be decided early.Selection criteria has always been undermount. Single bowl or double bowl? Do we want a drainer?

After discussion with my wife, we opted for drainer + single bowl. Saw a Franke one at Asiaexcel at IMM, but bit turned off by it being too thin (? 0.9mm if i recall correctly). Surfing the web at Universal union website, saw that Rubine sinks seemed pretty good. Really went thru all the options until eyes :~ So went down to Poh Joo to take a look (geylang too inconvenient for me).

At Poh Joo, they told me that other than conventional undermount single/double bowl sinks, the edge will not be as nice and have to seal up with silicone as most of the sinks are designed as topmount.

Finally opted for conventional Elkay undermount sink

DSC_0296.jpg

Also bought both MBR and common toilet sink. Needed something to accomodate my hansgrohe metris 260 and grohe eurosmart cosmopolitan taps. So it's sort of shopping the opposite way round! :huh:

Originally wanted a geoceram glass bowl for my MBR but we liked these two sinks at Poh Joo the most. Ease of cleaning and small size is a must since our countertop is only 2.5 feet in HDB tiny toilets.

MBR sink

DSC_0245.jpg

Common toilet sink

DSC_0251.jpg

Threw in a 2 x 75cm double towel bars, one towel rack for common toilet. One bidet spray + tap. And one bib tap to plug a hose in to fill pails at the common toilet.

And a joven storage heater as well!

Fruitful shopping indeed. :sport-smiley-004:

You got everything from Poh Joo? Can share how much was the Elkay undermount sink and your common toilet sink?

Thinking of getting from TB but not sure how long it will take.

$335 for the Elkay. common toilet sink $200 or thereabouts.

$50+ delivery charge applies for purchase below 1k.

For some items, i believe in buying after seeing the physical product. Touching, feeling a product especially ceramic sink, taps is always better.

From my cursory bathroom shopping, i can tell u how many taps that look good. but once u operate it, u can just tell its a low end product.

For ceramic sinks i want the option to return if the product is "defective". a slightly cracked or rough edge is not something that the people at Peeka are going to notice...

Thinking of getting from TB but not sure how long it will take.

Thought there's option of standard vs express delivery? I'm still considering whether to buy my downlights from TB or JB.

Anyway, the service i received at Poh Joo was quite different compared to say, Adamas. PJ the staff are more helpful.

Maybe my luck, but the adamas @ jalan besar, the service staff who served me was ... :angry2:

Thought there's option of standard vs express delivery? I'm still considering whether to buy my downlights from TB or JB.

I am just worried about the time for the seller to deliver to the forwarder. :)

Sat down with Mr. B yesterday. Long afternoon.

Went to Hafary to choose tiles to overlay in my kitchen cos of the hacking and rebuilding of walls. Decided to overlay all the visible tiles.

After that went through all the laminate colors of the woodwork, feature wall + wall paint colors.

I have to say that having a ID is good for someone who has no strong concept of how to match colors. Even then the process took 3 hours.

Compromise a bit with the missus. I'm a woody and earthy person, she prefers more metallic and industrial look. Although the house will still be more warm appearance, but at least she selected some laminate textures which is more to her taste. :thumbs up:

Just confirmed my gas pipe laying appt with Gain City. For those who are using Gain City. Do take note that they charge extra if 2 visits are required. Unfortunately in my earlier invoice, i did not specify this ... :bleah:

Over the last 1.5 weeks, me and my wife checked the tiles on the floor.

Have to give it to my wife, she was the one who detected hollow tiles.

We split the house into half. I checked my half - found none. Then she found several on her half. In the end, since i wasn't sure, we checked my half again and found a few also 8|

Got the BTO contractor to take a look. Confirmed the tiles were hollow. Hopefully they will finish repair before the hacking starts tuesday. They only cover things until renovation starts...

Can't wait!

:dancingqueen: