Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ndc

Bugs On Wall

Hi,

Im staying in Punggol and recently i have seen little bugs crawling on my wall.

They are very small, less then 1mm each.

2 types

1 is light brown and look like tiny grain of rice

the 2nd type is red and spider like

can't really capture the image of them

Any idea what they are and how i can get rid of them?

68ov.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,

Andy

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

2 types

68ov.jpg

Cheers,

Andy

it looks like well fleas hide in animals body.

Hi,

But fleas are not easy to be squashed. they are easily squashed and no blood after being squashed.

Any idea how i can get rid of them?

i also have these bugs u mentioned in my 30 over years bedok flat.....till today i have no solution except for vacuuming them or stick them up using masking tapes.

Hi,

2 types

68ov.jpg

Cheers,

Andy

not harmful.....they only appear on white walls. it will disappear after a while. its good to have some urban spiders, they eat on them.

these bugs typically hang out on damp walls...if u want 2 deter them (u can't get rid of them cos it's juz 2 humid here), u can do a wipe down with dettol every month or so...

I have a problem with them - they're called booklice.

Go to Home fixit or Self DIY (one of the chain DIY shops) and buy Bio-X Lullaby/D'Bug. It's safe for animals and babies and is used to deter/kill bedbugs and spray them everywhere you see these bugs. Essentially, anything that can kill bed bugs can kill these insects. This is the safest and cleanest product I've found so far.

The main problem with these bugs are that they eat mold and starch and thrive in humid environments (i.e. Singapore), and usually hide in inaccessible areas to give birth. You might need to spray quite a lot of surface area for the bugs to be fully controlled (not removed).

One other way is to dehumidify the area - I had them in my kitchen and I put a powerful dehumidifier inside and sealed it for 8 hours. 8 hours later, I noticed them all over the floor outside the kitchen. At first I was devastated because I thought they had spread, but after a while I realised they were escaping from the kitchen because it was too dry inside. This method might not be useful for the living room though, since it's much bigger.

I've written to the Town Council about them before, but they couldn't do anything besides fumigation (which is useless since it's outside). If you have a serious problem, chances are your neighbours have them as well.

On 6/28/2013 at 5:30 PM, advancer said:

i also have these bugs u mentioned in my 30 over years bedok flat.....till today i have no solution except for vacuuming them or stick them up using masking tapes.

Are you still having this problem? If not, what did you do to get rid of them? Or do they just disappear by themselves after some time?

I have booklices on my walls and ceilings. They are found in my bedrooms and living room. I am not able to find the source or nest. My flat was renovated less than a year ago with walls and ceilings plastered. Is it because of the plastering that I am having this problem? Maybe there are molds in the wall plaster. If so, what can I do? Cannot remove the plastering right? And it is already painted over. Will the problem ever go away by itself? I know this is an old thread, but I hope somebody can provide some advice. Thanks.