Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tobehappy

Hope To Live Happily...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have 3 neighbours and I think they are very bored people. Their new neighbour is of great interest to them and they spare no time in trying to dig for more information. Anyway, I have seen 3 old ladies from 3 units.

From 2 of the aunties and the chatty delivery uncle, their thoughts were "existing furnishings so nice and good, location also good, so you got a good deal"!

I've been asked, and advised:

1. Why you tear out the living room furniture?

2. Why you remove the bedroom desk and cupboard?

3. Why you change the aircons?

4. Kitchen is very well-maintained, you got do any changes?

5. Ceiling why change?

6. Living room floor tiles very new and nice, must keep ok?

7. Your window good one, ours not good, don't change.

8. Your unit is the best among the four here cos not as sunny and got wind.

9. Why don't you buy new flat?

10. This flat size very good, now cannot find anymore...

11. Stay far far not good, here very good.

12. [endless... actually :fire: ]

But I was bored too, waiting for the 5 deliveries, so I entertained them and their questions. :rolleyes: And of course, about their children, occupation, grandchildren, hobbies, who and who, and did what and what, and even the units directly above and below mine and theirs, changed hands how many times, ... all nice little tidbits came out! :jawdrop:

Saw this today, so I bought it.

external-430e1505828e46847a6ad93117eaafb

Hi tobehappy,

How much did you bought this from where? I see it at one of the shop between bugis junction and bugis+. From there? Thanks

Hello, your neighbours do sound like they are very bored, judging from their questions. My neighbours are not so bored but they keep asking me if I really live alone. I'm quite tired of them asking me that and I think one fine day, I'm going to scare them by saying 'i'm not alone what.. You mean you can't see the person standing next to me?!" :)

On a different note, yay, (but boo, old TV plug cannot be removed.) Nevermind, all will be concealed with a cabinet. :D

IMG_20130911_185130.JPG

Old TV plug if you open it up, its just a full cable running from roof to first floor.. i dont understand why the electricians die die didn't want to help me do so I DIY-ed:

ehj3.png
Left: Original
Centre: the most my electrician is willing to go
Right: DIY (heh) ..

Hello, your neighbours do sound like they are very bored, judging from their questions. My neighbours are not so bored but they keep asking me if I really live alone. I'm quite tired of them asking me that and I think one fine day, I'm going to scare them by saying 'i'm not alone what.. You mean you can't see the person standing next to me?!" :)

Haha. You should do that last month. Would be perfect timing! :D

Yes, I think they are extremely bored. The one directly opposite me lives alone and is 75 years old. The one next to me is working in those offices, most likely as a cleaning auntie. She should also be about 60 plus or more. 14 grandkids she has. The other one slightly further away seems younger and but I have not spoken to her yet. However, they are quite fast to chope my contractor/ID to ask about quotes and works for their own homes! So excited to see him!!!

Old TV plug if you open it up, its just a full cable running from roof to first floor.. i dont understand why the electricians die die didn't want to help me do so I DIY-ed:

ehj3.png
Left: Original
Centre: the most my electrician is willing to go
Right: DIY (heh) ..

Nice! How nice that you know how to diy. It now looks quite seamless and definitely prettier. Sigh... I also don't understand why.

I went to my flat earlier and was very surprised to see the painter there. He said that he's paid daily, so he usually will work on Saturdays as well. Before he left, he told me that he would be back on another day to paint the pipes and to do other required touch-ups.

IMG_20130910_133356.JPG

Colours for living and dining. Snow flakes for all bedrooms as well.

DSC_0367.jpg

My main entrance and dining area. Mmm... the downlights are not supposed to be there. Nevermind... they would probably make the necessary changes.

DSC_0366.jpg

The sitting area.

DSC_0371.jpg

Bedrooms entrance

DSC_0364.jpg

My girl's princess corner!

Oh, there's one more to add: OpenNet's termination point! Previous owner did not invite them in and now I need to pay $235 and how many cents? It was free! Why didn't they just accept it?

Me too. The previous owner of my house didn't opt for the free opennet installation and now, I have to pay 235 for it. Sianz... Worse still, I delayed the installation due to laziness and almost destroy the aesthetics of the living room... My ID keep asking me to install the point but I delayed until the electrical work Has completed. Imagine a white tube run parallel my black piping = Disaster...

I can imagine the pain. I also cleanly forgot about OpenNet until just before my reno started, so I hurriedly went to apply for it. But if you signed up with the traffic lights now, I think the cost is waived.

Now I must remember to tell my id not to fix the shoe cabinet to the wall until next month so that the wire can be partly hidden. Otherwise I'm pretty sure it will be laid in the most unsightly manner!

I can imagine the pain. I also cleanly forgot about OpenNet until just before my reno started, so I hurriedly went to apply for it. But if you signed up with the traffic lights now, I think the cost is waived.

Now I must remember to tell my id not to fix the shoe cabinet to the wall until next month so that the wire can be partly hidden. Otherwise I'm pretty sure it will be laid in the most unsightly manner!

Hi there, what do you mean by sign up with the traffic lights? And which telco did you sign up with?

My renovation starts next month so my ID wants me to sign up soon. The previous owners didn't have it install as they don't use internet at home. 8|

Hi there, what do you mean by sign up with the traffic lights? And which telco did you sign up with?

My renovation starts next month so my ID wants me to sign up soon. The previous owners didn't have it install as they don't use internet at home. 8|

The red, orange and green. Singtel, M1 and Starhub!

For certain plans, I think they will include the opennet installation for free, but you will need to check it out. I did not sign up with any of them. I went with ViewQwest.

Oh yes, the installation date will be quite some time later. Won't be so soon after registration. For mine, I signed up on 8 Sept and the OpenNet will come earliest on 30 Sept.

Edited by tobehappy