Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I need to paint my whole house and read horror stories about painter spoiling furniture.

Besides freelance contractor, is Nippon paint or Dulux paint service good? Nippon charging me extra 500 or so for asealefor dark walls. Coz previous owner has medium brown walls. So ex... But they have to access first also la. Still ex....

What kind of paint should I use too?

What should I look out for?

Edited by pills

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just painted my house in mid June by Mr Ong, good job and nice guy, if interested, you can call him @ 91690479 (can mention my name Cindy recommended, hope he gives you a good price).

I myself think that nippon paint its better. You can find those painter at hdb area shop houses but you need to make sure they paint all the detail area and remove all nail and covered all holes..

by the way im a interior designer so this is what we use to take note of that.

Hope the info could help.

Have a nice day ahead.:)

O... thanks! Why is Nippon paint better? I'm using that for the whole house except for my bedroom with Dulux pain as I cannot find the shades I want.

I find my nippon paint easier to clean dirt off. Ici dulux has water mark stain after cleaning with a cloth. Anyone with same experience?

This painting contractor Brian and his FB page is Renolancer. We are totally unhappy with the service and work done.  First of all Brian got the date wrong, we agreed to commence work on Monday and we received a call a day earlier on Sunday telling us he is waiting at our new place.  We told him it's Monday and he insisted its Sunday until we show him the proof in our text correspondence. Not wanting to make things difficult for him and risking our deposit with the management we rushed down to let him start the job. 

He gave some orders to the three Indians/Bengali workers he brought along and left.  However I'm puzzled that they proceeded to paint the house without covering the floor with plastic sheets and without taping the wood trimming around the doors and floor skirtings.  The workers also work carelessly dripping paint over the floors and I have tell them to quickly wipe it off before the paint dries up. 

The job was completed around 9pm plus and I have to wait till 11pm for Brian to finally appears to collects the cheque. I commented that because it's dark and  couldn't really do a proper inspection, we can only informed him of the places to touch up the next day.   He agreed and left.

The next day to our horror, we realized the job was done shabbily,  the paint on the walls and skirting  are not even done and paints were all over our doors trimming as well as parquet flooring.  We have to scrap the paint off and use thinner to wipe off the paint ourselves.  We showed him the photos and he agrees to do a clean up and touch up on the 27th March which is today. 

So the appointment was at 9am today, we got there on the dot to wait for him, about 9.30 he texted to say he can only make it around 11am.   WHY DONT YOU INFORM THE NIGHT BEFORE and we don't have to waste our time to come down so early. We told him to come at 1pm as we have other appointments in between.

We reached the place at 1pm, waited for half an hour and no show. Called him and no answer. Text him also no response.  Waited till 2.30pm and we decided enough is enough. We don't want to waste our time with this irresponsible contractor.

Another hour has past and while I'm writing this review, still no response. 

I'm wondering who wrote the good review about him in the forum previously. Looks same of the posts are the same one from singapore motherhood and with only the same posts in various painting topics. Hopefully other members will not go through the same terrible experience as I do.

Hi Guys,

To Celest Koh

i am Brian from Renolancer, i apologize for the no-show today(27/3/16) cause my phone died on me... my whole data was lost and i have to make a trip down to a handphone shop to retrieve my data. but unfortunately i cant retrieve any of it. i was out the whole day for painting services and i am sorry that i am so packed up till i didnt even have a proper lunch ...i am so sorry my man didnt manage do a good job that day so therefore i will severely deal with it accordingly.. i apologised that i promise but i didnt make it today.. for this we will compensate a day for a proper and good painter to touch up your place and subsequently your understanding is appreciated and i will provide your next recommended friends 30% off for the painting services for my apology ... i will also make a trip down tomorrow to get back my repaired phone... kindly msg me your number again and hopefully we can sort this out .. my sincere apology for you and your hubby that such thing happened..Thank you and sorry for the inconvenienced caused. 

To all members and customers of/in this forum, 

Sorry again for all the misunderstanding.. i will sort everything out with Celest and will get back to you guys over this issues.. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenienced caused.

Here is the post review on Brian's painting services. As based on the above messages, Brian got in touch with my husband and did the touch up on Sunday (3/4/16). His worker and him tried their best to rectify the issues. Believe there is still room for improvement. Our wardrobes were stained with many small dots of paint as Brain mentioned due to the design of the wardrobes it can't be removed though he tried. In this case, his workers should have covered the wardrobes with plastic sheets in the first instance. Regardless, both his worker and him had done what they could to solve the issues. Thus, he managed to do a service recovery and the case is closed.