Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

The haze is getting to much. Even with aircon I have difficulty breathing. Is there any recommendation for a good air purifier?

Edited by kellyla

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I read that ionizer doesn't help as much as hepa filter.

Anyone can share?

And what about novita aircare supreme nai9000? Is it good?

Yes I think need good filter to get read of PM2.5 particles..

As I understand, any purifier using the Hepa is good enough to filter the PM 2.5 particles.

If I may simplify; pm2.5 refers to particulate matter that is of 2.5 Microns in size.

Hepa is a filer that is capable to filter off particles that is up to 0.3 Mircons (anything more than 0.3 microns),

so does your N95 Mask.

The only unfortunate thing is that purifiers have all sold out island-wide.

For haze, it needs to have HEPA filter and a good air flow rate ..... think of Honeywell, Blueair, Sharp. Don't get something cheap. Also make sure its capacity is right for your room.

The plasmacluster / ioniser function doesn't really help haze. It is for viruses and bacteria in the air. So, it is a helpful function for minmising flu, etc. Most of the best air purifiers also have an ionising function, and a humidifying function.

Ioniser do not emit ozone necessarily. Some models can. Be careful, as ozone and haze go VERY BADLY together. Try to avoid ozone when the weather is like this.

Hi Brothers/Sisters

You could also consider a World Class USA Air Purifier called "ATMOSPHERE".

http://www.prosumeronline.com/atmosphere.asp

https://www.facebook.com/HomeCareHomeTech

ATMOSPHERE™ Air Purifier's superb performance is the culmination of new approaches to filtration, efficiency, quiet operation and air monitoring.

No other air purifier in the market today has the balance of technology and features of the ATMOSPHERE Air Purifier:

The capacity and effectiveness of its expansive Clarus™ filtration system

The quiet efficiency of Pureflow™

The automatic monitoring and protection capabilities of Intelli-Sense

The fast-acting performance of Turbo Power

Clarus™ filtration system

- Features an activated carbon-based Odour Filter with a surface area large enough to cover 226 football fields or 17 million square feet.

- The abundant capacity, combined with the HEPA Filter, eliminates 99.99% of airborne particle contaminants that pass through the filter.

- Effectively removes pollen, bacteria, dust mites, viruses, smoke and impurities as small as 0.009 microns.

Pureflow™

- With the Pureflow system, you get both clean air and quiet operation.

- The system eliminates excessive fan noise by operating only when needed.

- Again with its energy efficiency, the system has also earned the ENERGY STAR® rating, drawing as low as 4 watts of power.

Intelli-Sense

- Utilises a built-in Particle Sensor that provides an automatic, one-touch mode that monitors and protects the air quality of your home environment - even when you're not there.

- The Particle Sensor automatically adjusts the speed of the ATMOSPHERE to adapt to changing air conditions, thus giving you cleaner air in the shortest time.

Turbo Power

- Turn on Turbo Power when you want to clear the air - fast.

- With a CADR* (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of 250 cubic feet per minute (equivalent to 7.1m³/min), Turbo Power is able to clear the air in a 390 square feet room within pproximately 30 minutes.

Please feel free to contact us (Contact Details in the Web Site) for further product demonstration.

http://www.prosumeronline.com/atmosphere.asp

https://www.facebook.com/HomeCareHomeTech

Thanks & Regards,

Ryan

Hi there,

Just to know are u guys still sourcing for a good PM 2.5 air purifier?
My friend is dealing/specializes in air purifiers and enhancement system so I thought you guys might be keen to know. :)