Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
silvergorilla

5Rm Pinnacle@duxton By Contactor K

Thanks! You even remember the month and year! I doubt they have it now.. In fact, I think the current range of fans is very limited. :)

yeah my wife remember the super hot August last year.... that was why she bought it

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

P1140009_zps1bb02166.jpg

Hi Silvergorilla,

I just wanna say your home is just gorgeous! And your master bathroom is just divine. :)

May I know which tile shop did you go to get those small square tiles on your master bathroom walls?

I think these tiles would be gorgeous on a bar counter too and I do hope to have a bar counter in my house when it is ready in Dec this year haha :) Thanks !

thanks Twinkie, those square mosiac are fairly common.... you can find them at Hafary tiles.

we got ours at Unlimited http://www.unlimite.com.sg/ >>> they also sell the peranakan floor tiles u see in the bathroom.... but they deal mainly with contractors and large projects.... so they are not that interested to entertain walk in individuals ..... they will still sell to you, but just dun expect enthusiastic staff to walk up and entertain you :no: :no: :no: the selection there is also very limited compared to Hafary.... we went to unlimited specifically for peranakan tiles

hi Silvergorilla, lovely home... thanks for sharing.. May I ask where you get the chairs (Study) and if don't mind your 'damage' per pc. Thanks in advance

thanks steve! its call the Herman Miller Setu chair and you can get them at Xtra Living at parkmall for $1000 roughly

There is no smell and it feels smooth.. what I meant by intimidating is the epoxy gives a glossy feel and it took a while to subside.

My friends love it though. I remember a french guy even put his cheek on the glossy cement screed to feel the material and asked me what was it, and he said it will look great in his summer house in France

... well... being the practical man in the house, I was not too hot on the idea of a totally open concept.... for those who actually cooked... I am sure you will understand why .... but the wife won this battle.... and in return she gave in to my request to not use a stainless steel counter top :good:

study in the bottom left hand corner:

JQliving4_zpsc708276c.jpg

she wants us to not be separated by walls at any time ( except when we take a dump) :good: to improve interactions.... and i concur...

i totally agree with your wife on the 'not wanting to be separated by walls' part! people who love to cook spend lots of time in the kitchen and it's good to be in the same room.. :) and btw..the open kitchen isn't that bad..i've the main door and window on both sides, so the living has no smells nor issues with oil at all..

love this toilets and peranakan tiles!!

Edited by theitsybits

Wow. Love. Your. Ashley wood bots! Lovely amazing place you got !
Know how u feel bout the mentally n monetary exhausted feeling...in phrases lor.. what to do..

But i particularly love your dining chairs and translucent wardrobes.

I'm guessing the iMac is the wifey n pc is yours ? Lol.

Really really love your place though bit curious how is the open kitchen cooking working out?

Edited by mrmerry

nice cement screed you have and another well-executed project by Mr K! I am not against replicas if it is well made but chances are they will cost a premium too :)

I am not against people buying good grade replicas... haha... I am not a preacher... :good: its just that both my wife and I are practising designers... so its not very correct for us to do it la... so we went for cheaper, lesser know design pieces

The "cheaper", lesser known design pieces you have are lovely! I particularly like the Plumen energy savings bulb and the lamps by the young british designer.

I had a debate with myself regarding the ceiling lamps at the dining area and the coffeetable 5-6 mths ago. I saw three interesting ceiling lamps at a boutique near a yoga centre I frequent which I thought I might want to get hold of. I only realised the three lamps are the popular trios by a designer named Tom Dixon after I googled them. I saw the replicas at a lighting shop that has the signature hammered effect on the inner brass and was still considering getting them but settled for an unused FLY pendant lamp I bought from a french woman from craigslist instead. I remember reading a comment on this forum that FLY pendant lamp is not in fashion anymore but it doesnt bother me. It matches my 10 year old dining table and the 2 meter long ink painting I handcarry back from Bali pretty well.For the coffeetable I was deciding between a modern classic replica from Picket n Rail and the Iman coffeetable from the Lifeshop. Decided to go for Iman coz I like the design and I like the philosophy of this local brand. But too bad I didnt know that Lifeshop has closed down their retail outlets in Singapore and only does online sales now. I went to their showroom/office at Balestier hoping to see the coffeetable but it wasnt on display. Bought a coffeetable and a Tulip side table from Picket and Rail in the end, and sold away the coffeetable two months later.

Still thinking about Iman :)

Hi, you reno was very nice it look great. Can you send me your quotation for your reno?

Please email to me at vjb883@hotmail.com

Thank you very much

hi sorry but I prefer not to share my quotation, but you can always get my contractor to give u a quote base on you design.

i totally agree with your wife on the 'not wanting to be separated by walls' part! people who love to cook spend lots of time in the kitchen and it's good to be in the same room.. :) and btw..the open kitchen isn't that bad..i've the main door and window on both sides, so the living has no smells nor issues with oil at all..

love this toilets and peranakan tiles!!

you are quite lucky, I have friends who cook a meal and then have to spend another hour just trying to get rid of the smell/grease!... and theirs is not even an open concept.

Wow. Love. Your. Ashley wood bots! Lovely amazing place you got !

Know how u feel bout the mentally n monetary exhausted feeling...in phrases lor.. what to do..

But i particularly love your dining chairs and translucent wardrobes.

I'm guessing the iMac is the wifey n pc is yours ? Lol.

Really really love your place though bit curious how is the open kitchen cooking working out?

haha.... so i see you are a supporter of Ashley Wood as well.... I started collecting only mid last year..... missed all the good stuff....

yeah spot on...... iMac wife and PC's mine :)

the open concept so far works well for us as:

1) we only cook at night and weekend

2) we almost never fry stuff > use steam combi oven more > stir fry vege only, not much

3) the raise edge of the island kitchen also helps to keep grease away from the dinning area floor

4) our house is quite well ventilated so smell dun linger

5) hood help alot

Edited by silvergorilla

The "cheaper", lesser known design pieces you have are lovely! I particularly like the Plumen energy savings bulb and the lamps by the young british designer.

I had a debate with myself regarding the ceiling lamps at the dining area and the coffeetable 5-6 mths ago. I saw three interesting ceiling lamps at a boutique near a yoga centre I frequent which I thought I might want to get hold of. I only realised the three lamps are the popular trios by a designer named Tom Dixon after I googled them. I saw the replicas at a lighting shop that has the signature hammered effect on the inner brass and was still considering getting them but settled for an unused FLY pendant lamp I bought from a french woman from craigslist instead. I remember reading a comment on this forum that FLY pendant lamp is not in fashion anymore but it doesnt bother me. It matches my 10 year old dining table and the 2 meter long ink painting I handcarry back from Bali pretty well.For the coffeetable I was deciding between a modern classic replica from Picket n Rail and the Iman coffeetable from the Lifeshop. Decided to go for Iman coz I like the design and I like the philosophy of this local brand. But too bad I didnt know that Lifeshop has closed down their retail outlets in Singapore and only does online sales now. I went to their showroom/office at Balestier hoping to see the coffeetable but it wasnt on display. Bought a coffeetable and a Tulip side table from Picket and Rail in the end, and sold away the coffeetable two months later.

Still thinking about Iman :)

yeah Tom Dixon is really famous... i guess the most important thing is you like them... does not really matter what others say.... design is very subjective. :D

Edited by silvergorilla

Hi, the kitchen island look great! care to share how much is the dimension and damage done?

Thanks!

the island kitchen is 335cm long, 60cm deep on the kitchen side and 40cm deep on the raised dining area side.... i can't remember the damage..... and I do not wanna remember :D

Edited by silvergorilla