Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Berrycherry

Relaminate Kitchen Cabinets Or Replace The Kitchen Cabinet

Okay, here is another idea.... this company called Ministry of Door make very nice aluminium cabinet doors. Maybe give them a call and as the price. I've used them for other doors, and the quality is very good, and they are professional and quick. Have a look www.ministryofdoor.com.sg. ‎

Otherwise, there are plenty of decal places in Singapore. You just need to work out what type of decals you want :) For example, if you want something small, try a company called Art Decal Singapore. Or if you want a full size mural across the whole cupboard, try Creative Wall Decal. Both are in SIngspore, and have good websites to browse. I have bought successfully from each of them.

Be creative and I am sure you'll end up with a dream kitchen. Good luck.

EdensMom u r good! Got loads of good tips from u. I just check out the decal company u recommend and I am happy I have solutions for my biofold door and kitchen walls now. Was cracking my head every night for weeks.

I now have a few good suggestions and also found 2 "good priced" contractors ( standby them already). Must finalise already n hopefully my dream kitchen will be up in another week.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Berrycherry,

I want to relaminate cupboards and shelves in one of my bedrooms too. The current laminate is pink and it's going to be my son's bedroom so my hubby says have to change!

Did you manage to relaminate your kitchen cabinets? Is the result good? If so, how much was the damage and which company did you use?

Thanks!

Smartlady, I think I better not take the risk since u had a bad experience with ur carpenters. Will check out other alternatives first instead. Btw i found 2 carpenters that could do up my kitchen with the new lamination and I was quoted $800+, dats a expensive lesson learnt. Thank u.

Edited by tamcamwam

Hi Berrycherry,

I want to relaminate cupboards and shelves in one of my bedrooms too. The current laminate is pink and it's going to be my son's bedroom so my hubby says have to change!

Did you manage to relaminate your kitchen cabinets? Is the result good? If so, how much was the damage and which company did you use?

Thanks!

Hi Tamcamwan,

I have relaminate my kitchen cabinets to a colour I like. The jointing part has obvious black lines when view close up. According to carpenter, he says it's bcoz he paste the laminate over so it's thicker and thus result in a black gap. If u choose dark laminates, I suppose the black gaps would not even be noticeable. My kitchen laminate is white and I will paint over the black lines once I settle down so I am ok with it. If u can't accept the black lines, then have to do a new cabinet.

My previous contractor did mentioned that the pasting of laminate will not last in the long run... But in my point of view, I will b happy looking at laminate I like everyday then to sulk at the ugly laminate everyday. Just gotto be extra gente n careful when handling the cabinets hopefully can prolong their life span. I try to see if I can upload pics here for ur reference. Damage is $900.

All da best!

Hi Berrycherry,

I hv the same problem with my brand new cabinets!! And I spent so much time choosing can't believe this happened. Can u share your carpenter contact that redid the new laminate for u?

Hi Peppa, I totally understand ur frustration. This laminate issue needs to be reviewed. I am intending to go to case to see what can they do to help me recover my additional cost incurred from the laminate company.

Mine kitchen cabinets has ard 15 doors. mine is horizontal n a few panels is longer. I have pm u the contractor no. Do read up the earlier few post on the feedback of the cabinets for the quality. All da best.

Perhaps consider buying kitchen cabinet doors from ikea and getting them to install for you? might be cheaper than getting custom made carpentry.

Hi! Are the Ikea kitchen cabinets worth the cost? I know they have a 25 year guarantee but I am quite doubtful because they usually use particle boards on many of their shelving and cabinet solutions. Are the kitchen items different? Any advice would really help.....

hi.

i bought a place and the current kitchen doors still look good.. but the inside shelvings are bent and dirty..

i wish to change them. Any advice where i can get shelvings cut to the right size?

Also may i know if i change the water and gas piping without hacking the current kitchen cabinet?? can i do it myself or need a contractor??

thanks.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2013 at 2:35 PM, Berrycherry said:

Hi Tamcamwan,

I have relaminate my kitchen cabinets to a colour I like. The jointing part has obvious black lines when view close up. According to carpenter, he says it's bcoz he paste the laminate over so it's thicker and thus result in a black gap. If u choose dark laminates, I suppose the black gaps would not even be noticeable. My kitchen laminate is white and I will paint over the black lines once I settle down so I am ok with it. If u can't accept the black lines, then have to do a new cabinet.

My previous contractor did mentioned that the pasting of laminate will not last in the long run... But in my point of view, I will b happy looking at laminate I like everyday then to sulk at the ugly laminate everyday. Just gotto be extra gente n careful when handling the cabinets hopefully can prolong their life span. I try to see if I can upload pics here for ur reference. Damage is $900.

All da best!

Hi Berrycherry,

can recommend your contractor as well. Desperately needing to change my laminate coulour for my feature wall and cabinets inthe living room. My contractor is not willing to do now and say that its better to dismatle and make new ...

On 6/27/2013 at 1:50 AM, Berrycherry said:

Smartlady, I think I better not take the risk since u had a bad experience with ur carpenters. Will check out other alternatives first instead. Btw i found 2 carpenters that could do up my kitchen with the new lamination and I was quoted $800+, dats a expensive lesson learnt. Thank u.

Hi BerryCherry, may I know which contractor did you approach? thank you.