Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Stinz

My 146Sqm Living Space (^-^)

Been procrastinating to start a t-blog :no: but recently, work is getting a bit mundane.. so might as well spend some time here :P

After viewing slightly more than 10 units, I've finally make a decision and gotten my unit back in Nov 2012 The search for the ID only started after we’ve gotten the keys… kind of evident that my hubby and me are real procrastinators.. tsktsk :notti:

Basically we are not the arty farty kind of ppl and thus it’s almost impossible for us to think of ideas for our house… we have an idea of what we want, but the thought of looking ard for contractors, meeting up with different ppl.. is really not what I like.. perhaps its due to the nature of my work which has turned me to become an introvert… with that many reasons, we have no choice but to spend more for an ID

Well, Renotalk turned out to be not a bad place to start our search for an ID, after going through some IDs, from big to small firms, we have decided to settle with Mr Foo~… I’ve gotten his contact through Renotalk.. there are a number of reasons why we choose him, just to name a few, we thought his way of designing his own house is really unique, he’s accommodating and the strongest reason is because we think he’s really creative and innovative, there are a 1001 things that he can think of and I supposed that’s the purposes of engaging an ID in comparison to a contractor.. and of cos, being able to communicate is a factor that I considered too~ Heh! Think I’ve provided more than enough background. After a number of meetups, our Reno journey began after CNY 2013 J

Yes, since Feb 2013 and since nearly 5 mths has passed,you bet the renovation is almost completed.. :good:

But, for a start, I’ve attached the floorplan… an attempt to try uploading photos :P

the rest of the photos will come in later… heehe.. and i will make sure i'm going to update this as often as possible.. :yamseng:

gallery_45979_3_56110.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Stinz, congrats on ur (near-)completion reno. Gd tt u decided to pen down ur reno experience. Besides sharing with others, it actually serves as a good diary and archives for urself! :thumbs up:

Wat a huge hse u hv, and wat such an unusual layout - with the dining hall right outside the bedrooms, and with a study/4th bedroom in-between the living & dinning halls.. cant wait to see ur pics! :)

Hi Stinz.

If we're talking abt the same Mr Foo., we approached him too (office around Chinatown area). But his design fees are too high for us.

He was also kind of pissed when we told him we need to go back think it thru'.

But you're right. He's very creative and thinks out of the box.

Hi mishmish

Yes, if you refer to the revised floorplan below, you can see that we are also hacker at heart!! Hahah, we hack almost all the walls we can :jammin: oh, by the way, I’ve been following your reno progress too!

Hi jus4fun

Yeah, we tot the layout seems weird, the dining room seems a bit out of place.. haha, but our ID has managed to help us fully utilize the space. The completed work is awesome

Hi macuser77

I dun think we are talking abt the same person.. hehe, cos from my understanding, my ID only has a home office based in hougang.. and hes also currently working on Bachelorette Pad too! :yamseng:

Here's how the proposed layout look like :)

gallery_45979_3_20364.jpg

Nice reconfig of the layout - it looks so much more sensible now.. Great job!! :good:

PS. imho, if can hv another door into common toilet/bathroom frm kitchen side (i.e. keep the original) will be gd too! hee hee! :P

Hi Stinz, how did you know Foo is working on my place? Now there is no more secrecy! Haha!

You should quickly post the pix here so that forummers can see how creative our ID is !!

Hi Stinz, how did you know Foo is working on my place? Now there is no more secrecy! Haha!

You should quickly post the pix here so that forummers can see how creative our ID is !!

Hahha, I know cos he told us jus the other day! yeah, i'm going to post more photos soon! I'm sure you alr had some sneak preview of my house yeah! hehehe

Nice reconfig of the layout - it looks so much more sensible now.. Great job!! :good:

PS. imho, if can hv another door into common toilet/bathroom frm kitchen side (i.e. keep the original) will be gd too! hee hee! :P

Hi jus4fun!

hehe, we tot of that initally, but needa walk a bit far to go to the toilet.. :bleah: so in the end, the toilet door faces the living.. hahaha, though some ppl commented it seems weird and a lack of privacy, erm, but for now, i think i can still take it.. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Stinz.

If we're talking abt the same Mr Foo., we approached him too (office around Chinatown area). But his design fees are too high for us.

He was also kind of pissed when we told him we need to go back think it thru'.

But you're right. He's very creative and thinks out of the box.

Hello Macuser, the ID whom Stinz and I are using is also a Mr Foo but not the same as the Mr Foo you met in Chinatown. Our ID is a very nice man leh and is not the type who show face if he hears that your budget is very low. I started out with a low budget too bcos I only wanted to renovate my kitchen and MBR and he is always thinking of how to save money for me. Now I have added more works bcos I'm very happy with him. So I'm 100% sure this Mr Foo is different from that Mr Foo :)

Hey Stinz!

Welcome to Renotalk!

OMG! Your living space is massive! :jawdrop:

Hope to see more pictures of your renovation! Hehe! :lol:

Hi jus4fun!

hehe, we tot of that initally, but needa walk a bit far to go to the toilet.. :bleah: so in the end, the toilet door faces the living.. hahaha, though some ppl commented it seems weird and a lack of privacy, erm, but for now, i think i can still take it.. :sport-smiley-018:

Haha I mean have 2 doors to the common toilet/bathrm - one to/frm living; another to/frm kitchen.. :P

The new layout of your flat is looking good!

Did you level the balcony? Mine has the exact same layout as June. Didnt level the balcony due to the new HDB regulation that was in place last Sep/Oct.

The new layout of your flat is looking good!

Did you level the balcony? Mine has the exact same layout as June. Didnt level the balcony due to the new HDB regulation that was in place last Sep/Oct.

Hi Sarah,

Yup!! we level the balcony :) converted the place to the study.. erm.. nt very sure abt the regulations though.. think i better go read up a bit :P