Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bsg

Nightmare

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

sorry if make all excited as in renovation nightmare stories (actually the whole house hunt - reno process is quite energy zapping)

i meant nightmare as in wipe out CPF - owe $$ to the SG INC for this pigeon hole

then if nightmare not scary enough - go out and throw more $$ for renovation dig a bigger grave

Edited by bsg

share some pics of how i got into this nightmare - no luxury like others to buy BTO as not eligible.

view037_zpsb23e6160.jpg

view046_zpsedb1aaa2.jpg

view035_zpsf291d612.jpg

honestly speaking - buying a resale HDB is no joke.

i encounter so many clown agents that during my house hunt, so much so that my patience ran out and i compromised on the final unit to buy.

property agent - they can break your mental will!

some are so yaya that they tell me if i cannot offer near to their seller asking price they won't even arrange to view at all - is like WTF?

most seller agents are big hole kias - tell me the owner already have XXX amount offer in hand so if i am interested i must write a cheque for OTP in order to stand a chance. (most of the time i realise they are just big fat liars)

contractor / ID shortlist process

skky

fuseconcept

reztrelax

few others name i can't recall (cos sour experience)

mostly are from going to expo shows - got brainwash by them sign package on spot.

lucky never sign - cos all their ideas are so similar and showroom type and

most importantly - too expensive.

seems like everyone is a designer as long as got lightbox / covelighting - when i tell them

i want blank ceiling - they dunno how to react.

subsequently

found a few contractors via friends contacts, so i think i be my own designer and project supervisor instead

Hi bsg, congratz on getting your dream home. Some agents are really yaya and they like to boss around, but I don't let them after all the money is in my pocket. They will do all kinds of tricks to closed the deal, anyway this part already over and wish you good luck and happy staying in new home. Cheers.

Yup, just gotta do your homework and be careful... due diligence.

This is not a nightmare la. It's a home, ain't it? ;0

i also have this experience where agents told me my budget cannot get me a flat.

and of course i compromised, got a low floor and my agent said he had checked through with neighbours and all- no issues.

In the end, of course got issue.

sometimes i wonder i should have gotten another area, more by 5k but floor area bigger and high floor too.

same prob but i got high floor!

Headache to max, now is heck care. buyer's remorse is only for own to digest.

anyway, Hope your reno is not so bad! eventually is still a home to stay in.. =)