Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chrizz

Hdb Resale Flat Aircon Power Point - 15A Or 13A?

I did a quick search in this forum but nothing turned up.

Bought a Panasonic Inverter 4 aircon over the weekend from Gain City, and the receipt says that we're supposed to provide a 15A power point for it. Now I have no problem with this, but when I went to get the details of the compressor and FCUs, I saw this:

Running Current: 9.4A

I have no electrical experience, but doesn't that mean that a regular 13A power point would be sufficient? I'm not sure whether there's already a 15A point there, in which case this is a moot point, but if not it would be nice to save a few bucks on this.

Might also be useful for others in the future with this question.

Some advice would be great :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I did a quick search in this forum but nothing turned up.

Bought a Panasonic Inverter 4 aircon over the weekend from Gain City, and the receipt says that we're supposed to provide a 15A power point for it. Now I have no problem with this, but when I went to get the details of the compressor and FCUs, I saw this:

Running Current: 9.4A

I have no electrical experience, but doesn't that mean that a regular 13A power point would be sufficient? I'm not sure whether there's already a 15A point there, in which case this is a moot point, but if not it would be nice to save a few bucks on this.

Might also be useful for others in the future with this question.

Some advice would be great :)

Normally, a 13A point is not a dedicated point; i.e. it is connected in parallel with several other 13A points. All these connected 13A points are linked to a 20A circuit breaker forming a circuit. Another group of sockets will also be linked to another 20A circuit breaker, forming another circuit. When all your equipment draw power from these linked sockets for a particular circuit, the total power can be quite high and if you also use the socket for air con, it might likely draw too much current in total, beyond the running current you mentioned. Considering that air con draws a relatively significant amount of current and is turned on for fairly long duration, I would not take any risk in using a 13A socket outlet.