Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi od00bo,

very ex leh... i suggest like the other forumers to source and compare quotes. i pmed you my renovator as well. Confirm cheaper.

i can intro you my renovator if you need. Good service from him i would say.

Let me know

Cheers,

mikey

Edited by mikeyong500

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi ad00bo,

Find out more id and quotations. There are lot of contractors/ids for you to choose but Its just need more time. I would suggest the you meet up those ID's recommended by someone and you choose from there. I am currently in renovation process of my 3rm flat. Price wise is reasonable but the good thing, the ID is responsible/reliable with positive attitude and professional is dealing with us. I had been into the 2 weeks of the reno process and he is constantly updating us the progress. You may want to give a try meeting up with my ID.

Just sharing...

Good luck to us renovating!

Thanks all. But most of the ID we went don't get back to us with quote when we told them we are not getting the keys yet. Even after we spent more than an hr going though the floorplan and etc...

Edited by od00bo

based on the quote above, if you go direct. you can get lower for this items.

1. windows n grilles for BTO whole house , est about $1500-$1600.

2. Veneer room doors, full set with lock and door stopper, $280-$320 (hollow or solid)

3. frameless glass shower screen, swing. $530.

try to get more quotes and contacts from RT. it can help u save alot.

See the comments as below.

All are base on how I feel for the quotation. If there is any offence taken mine apologies. Also would be good to go around to do some more research and get more quotes before committing. Hunt for contractors too. There are some good ones around which maybe better then IDs.

I'm new to reno and the ID quote us $48k+ for our new 4room (90sqm) which is way over my budget. We have some hacking and etc but still i believed it shouldn't exceed 40k... Maybe i will paste the full quote here and you guys can advise me thanks.

A DESIGN SERVICE/ MISCELLANEOUS
1 Job site co-ordination and supervision $ 1,250.00
2 Designer's 3D computerized drawing on the carpentry works inclusive
3 Provide chemical washing for whole house flooring inclusive
4 Submission for HDB Approval inclusive
5 Letter of warranty for 3 years sent upon completion inclusive

B HACKING & DISMANTLING WORK subject to HDB approval
1 Hacking of existing wall of bedroom 3 facing living c/w edges smoothern $ 900.00
2 Provide Sand, Haulage service & debris removal $ 700.00
3 Provide dismantling of existing master basin $ 150.00

C MANSORY WORK subject to HDB approval
1 Supply/ lay homogenous floor tiles c/w skirting for living/dining $ 3,500.00
2 Supply/ lay homogenous floor tiles c/w skirting for bedrooms $ 4,200.00
(60cm by 60cm homogenous tiles range $2.50- $3@ below)

For the tiles if you are getting this type of price why not just spend $1 or $2 more psf for a better quality of

High End Resilient Flooring (HERF) - it is 100% waterproof and 100% termite proof.

3 Construct kitchen cabinet base with tiles skirting $ 300.00
4 Construct washing machine & fridge base with tiles finish $ 180.00
5 Erect & Construct hollow block sink support at kitchen sink support area $ 650.00
(Item 5 is optional to prolong the cabinet lifespan due to water condensation in due time)

D CEILING WORKS
1 Supply / install cove L-box plus false ceiling @ living area $ 1,150.00
2 Supply / install fibre plaster false ceiling @ living passageway to bedrooms $ 600.00
3 Supply / install cove L-box plus false ceiling @ master bedroom $ 550.00

E PLUMBING WORK
1 Extend Stainless Steel pipe for whole house (Cold Only) $ 350.00

Why is cold? By default the points for cold water is already on the designated area. If whole house it should be hot. But from the quotation you are not installing storage heater.

4 Supply / install imported colour Wash Basin at M/ toilet c/w basin tap $ 205.00
(range $100@, installation $50@, basin tap $55@ ) PER UNIT E-NT LT-2025

What is E-NT LT-2025? Model number? If yes check from the web for the pricing. As i can't find what is the exact thing according to the model as given. Do check for what model

and see the physical item and take picture down in case they fixed is another model. As they are good in saying that "ohh the model no more supply this one is a better one. If it is

better proof it".

4 To lay inlet / outlet pipe for kitchen sink $ 120.00

5 Provide labour for installing bathroom accessories for both toilets $ 100.00
6 Supply and install 1no of instant heater for master toilet toilet c/w 2 way tap $ 235.00
7 Supply and install 1no of instant heater for common toilet toilet c/w 2 way tap $ 235.00
(range $140@ and 2way tap $50@ with installation $45) Ariston EC-3023
8 Supply / install Stainless Steel double bowl sink and sink tap $ 350.00
(range $200@ and kitchen tap $80@ with installation) Rubine/G.Ferretti LP3215

For the storage heater and kitchen tap please see the comment as above (Under E-NT LT-2025)

F PAINTING WORK
1 ICI/ Nippon paint for internal wall & ceiling $ 1,350.00

What is the type of paint they are providing?

2 Additional top up, to add sealer to whole house wall before commence paint $ 300.00

G TOILETS
1 Supply / install tempered glass shower screen (Fixed + swing) master toilet $ 550.00

H CARPENTRY WORKS (Max ht 2.4m/<600mm) above ht or dpt will be 15% additional
(Carpentry works may varies upon site, owner discreet & will validate accordingly)
Kitchen (est 34ft top & bott ++)
1 To design and fabricate 16ft Top Kitchen L-Cabinet c/w 1 set of drawers, $ 2,040.00
ABS trimming & Laminate finish
2 To design and fabricate 16ft Bott Kitchen Cabinet c/w laminate doors $ 2,040.00
3 To supply / install additional est 6ft solid surface for kitchen work top $ 840.00

For the quotation as below if you happen to sign the contract, the solid surface top is free 10ft Asuka. (See below)

4 Supply & to install tempered black glass top cooker hood (3 burner) $ 867.00
(Rinnai RB-7503D-GBSM 3 burner / Rinnai RH-S239-SSR Slim)

For the storage heater and kitchen tap please see the comment as above (Under E-NT LT-2025)

5 To supply / install silent hinges to all kitchen cabinet doors $ 320.00

Ouch, this is too ridiculous. $320 for hinges. One hinge is around $2.00. Unless they install blum then got nothing to say. If they are using blum then proof it. Also you get the service direct from them maybe cheaper.

Foyer
6 To supply & fabricate est 3ft half ht shoe cabinet in laminate finishes $ 875.00
7 To supply & install vertical beams as divder est 4nos $ 800.00
8 To design & fabricate est 4.5ft low ht setee at both sides $ 1,350.00

As for the vertical beams is it needed? Just 4 pole cost $800. you can save that if really not required.

Living
7 To design & fabricate est 6ft Full/Ht TV feature wall in laminate/glass finishes $ 1,820.00

For your feature wall, in laminate / glass finish ask your ID to let u see some of this finish design. Got a feeling your final output will be only laminate finish. If that is then the price is too expensive.

8 To design & fabricate est 6ft suspended TV console in laminate finishes $ 1,050.00
9 To design & fabricate est 10.5ft Full/Ht tempered tinted glass in frame feature $ 2,450.00

Glass frame feature? Is it required? Your house is dealing to full height glass will be a hazard. If it is for the kitchen sliding door then is ok.

Master bathroom

10 To design & fabricate suspended laminate vanity cabinet $ 600.00
11 To design & fabricate solid surface top $ 480.00

How many feet? Also ensure there are drawers if not they will just give cupboard style.

Bedroom 3
12 To design & fabricate est 5ft foldable bracket c/w ply shelf in laminate finishes $ 700.00
13 To supply & install top hung sliding tempered clear glass est 10ft door $ 2,400.00

wow. another glass..

Master bedroom
14 To design & fabricate est 12ft L-shape sliding door wardrobe in laminate finish $ 3,375.00

Choose your own interior design. example how many level of planks, drawers, tie drawers, mirrors. etc etc. Also what is the interior finish? In laminated finish or normal white finish?

15 To design & fabricate 2nos of suspended bedside table c/w drawers $ 650.00
16 To design & fabricate est 2ft of suspended dresser table c/w drawer $ 650.00

For your bedside table and dresser table just buy off the shelf. This price is not worth it.

I ELECTRICAL WORKS Owner to purchase fixtures
(Electrical works may varies upon site, owner discreet & will validate accordingly)

Kitchen
1 To supply materials & install hob point at kitchen $ 70.00

See under point H CARPENTRY WORKS under point 4 they already supply and install. And here they charge again. What point they need? Proof it.

2 To supply materials & install additional 1no double power pt to work station $ 60.00

Living
3 To supply wiring & install est 11nos light points c/w installation ****/dining $ 440.00
4 To supply wiring & install 1nos ceiling fan point **** $ 80.00
5 To supply wiring est 4nos light points to cove L-box $ 160.00
5a To supply loop points est 9nos looping includes T5 Flourscent (13nos T5) $ 511.00
6 To relocate SCV point to TV feature c/w console area $ 120.00
7 To relocate 2nos double power point to TV feature c/w console area $ 120.00
8 To supply wiring est 3nos light points to cove L-box $ 120.00
8a To supply loop points est 4nos looping includes T5 Flourscent (13nos T5) $ 210.00

For the lighting points they seems to charge too much. See the red fonts which is highlighted. your living room need 30nos T5 lights?

On point D ceiling works you are just doing L-box plus false ceiling. Need 30nos T5?

Bedrooms/ Kitchen/ Bathroom/ HS/ Service yard
9 To install owner purchase light fixtures to HDB original statings est 8nos $ 96.00
J DOORS (Non fire-rated)
1 Supply & install of bedroom doors cum lever locksets 2 $ 900.00

2 wooden doors cost you $900. In market value is only around $350 per door. Do check around.

K WINDOW / GRILLS WORKS (HT-1.3m/sgl panel) - tinted blue/green/clear glass
1 To supply & install Service yard aluminimum sliding windows $ 900.00
2 To supply & install whole house WPC aluminimum windows grills $ 1,500.00

TOTAL AMOUNT $ 46,519.00
F.O.C ITEMS
1 Rebate of $888 upon sign contract
2 To supply & install FOC 10ft solid surface *Asuka work top for kitchen
Total Amount $ 46,519.00
Further Discount $ (888.00)
TOTAL AMOUNT $ 45,631.00
7% GST $ 3,194.17
FINAL GRAND TOTAL AMOUNT : $48,825.17

Edited by Devilaz

with IDs, price is secondary. YOu need to get someone's referral (someone who has worked with the ID before).

you can haggle the price down with them, but you won't know what kind of finishes they will end up using (material) use.

At the end of the day, it's all about price. Dont be fooled by prices . trust me, i have gone through your situation before.

Also, No designer i know quote + GST. It's all included

i spent 48K on a 1475 apartment. All high end finishes. i also got 3 other quotes, but at the end of teh day, i end up choosing him (who is pricier).

He renovated my brother's apartment before, and he has also won many awards.

I have come across IDs with + GST. You just need to go online to check if they are GST registered. If they are not, you can report them for charging GST.

with IDs, price is secondary. YOu need to get someone's referral (someone who has worked with the ID before).

you can haggle the price down with them, but you won't know what kind of finishes they will end up using (material) use.

At the end of the day, it's all about price. Dont be fooled by prices . trust me, i have gone through your situation before.

Also, No designer i know quote + GST. It's all included

i spent 48K on a 1475 apartment. All high end finishes. i also got 3 other quotes, but at the end of teh day, i end up choosing him (who is pricier).

He renovated my brother's apartment before, and he has also won many awards.

I'm new to reno and the ID quote us $48k+ for our new 4room (90sqm) which is way over my budget. We have some hacking and etc but still i believed it shouldn't exceed 40k... Maybe i will paste the full quote here and you guys can advise me thanks.

A DESIGN SERVICE/ MISCELLANEOUS
1 Job site co-ordination and supervision $ 1,250.00
2 Designer's 3D computerized drawing on the carpentry works inclusive
3 Provide chemical washing for whole house flooring inclusive
4 Submission for HDB Approval inclusive
5 Letter of warranty for 3 years sent upon completion inclusive

B HACKING & DISMANTLING WORK subject to HDB approval
1 Hacking of existing wall of bedroom 3 facing living c/w edges smoothern $ 900.00
2 Provide Sand, Haulage service & debris removal $ 700.00
3 Provide dismantling of existing master basin $ 150.00

C MANSORY WORK subject to HDB approval
1 Supply/ lay homogenous floor tiles c/w skirting for living/dining $ 3,500.00
2 Supply/ lay homogenous floor tiles c/w skirting for bedrooms $ 4,200.00
(60cm by 60cm homogenous tiles range $2.50- $3@ below)
3 Construct kitchen cabinet base with tiles skirting $ 300.00
4 Construct washing machine & fridge base with tiles finish $ 180.00
5 Erect & Construct hollow block sink support at kitchen sink support area $ 650.00
(Item 5 is optional to prolong the cabinet lifespan due to water condensation in due time)

D CEILING WORKS
1 Supply / install cove L-box plus false ceiling @ living area $ 1,150.00
2 Supply / install fibre plaster false ceiling @ living passageway to bedrooms $ 600.00
3 Supply / install cove L-box plus false ceiling @ master bedroom $ 550.00

E PLUMBING WORK
1 Extend Stainless Steel pipe for whole house (Cold Only) $ 350.00
4 Supply / install imported colour Wash Basin at M/ toilet c/w basin tap $ 205.00
(range $100@, installation $50@, basin tap $55@ ) PER UNIT E-NT LT-2025
4 To lay inlet / outlet pipe for kitchen sink $ 120.00
5 Provide labour for installing bathroom accessories for both toilets $ 100.00
6 Supply and install 1no of instant heater for master toilet toilet c/w 2 way tap $ 235.00
7 Supply and install 1no of instant heater for common toilet toilet c/w 2 way tap $ 235.00
(range $140@ and 2way tap $50@ with installation $45) Ariston EC-3023
8 Supply / install Stainless Steel double bowl sink and sink tap $ 350.00
(range $200@ and kitchen tap $80@ with installation) Rubine/G.Ferretti LP3215

F PAINTING WORK
1 ICI/ Nippon paint for internal wall & ceiling $ 1,350.00
2 Additional top up, to add sealer to whole house wall before commence paint $ 300.00

G TOILETS
1 Supply / install tempered glass shower screen (Fixed + swing) master toilet $ 550.00

H CARPENTRY WORKS (Max ht 2.4m/<600mm) above ht or dpt will be 15% additional
(Carpentry works may varies upon site, owner discreet & will validate accordingly)
Kitchen (est 34ft top & bott ++)
1 To design and fabricate 16ft Top Kitchen L-Cabinet c/w 1 set of drawers, $ 2,040.00
ABS trimming & Laminate finish
2 To design and fabricate 16ft Bott Kitchen Cabinet c/w laminate doors $ 2,040.00
3 To supply / install additional est 6ft solid surface for kitchen work top $ 840.00
4 Supply & to install tempered black glass top cooker hood (3 burner) $ 867.00
(Rinnai RB-7503D-GBSM 3 burner / Rinnai RH-S239-SSR Slim)
5 To supply / install silent hinges to all kitchen cabinet doors $ 320.00

Foyer
6 To supply & fabricate est 3ft half ht shoe cabinet in laminate finishes $ 875.00
7 To supply & install vertical beams as divder est 4nos $ 800.00
8 To design & fabricate est 4.5ft low ht setee at both sides $ 1,350.00

Living
7 To design & fabricate est 6ft Full/Ht TV feature wall in laminate/glass finishes $ 1,820.00
8 To design & fabricate est 6ft suspended TV console in laminate finishes $ 1,050.00
9 To design & fabricate est 10.5ft Full/Ht tempered tinted glass in frame feature $ 2,450.00

Master bathroom
10 To design & fabricate suspended laminate vanity cabinet $ 600.00
11 To design & fabricate solid surface top $ 480.00

Bedroom 3
12 To design & fabricate est 5ft foldable bracket c/w ply shelf in laminate finishes $ 700.00
13 To supply & install top hung sliding tempered clear glass est 10ft door $ 2,400.00

Master bedroom
14 To design & fabricate est 12ft L-shape sliding door wardrobe in laminate finish $ 3,375.00
15 To design & fabricate 2nos of suspended bedside table c/w drawers $ 650.00
16 To design & fabricate est 2ft of suspended dresser table c/w drawer $ 650.00
I ELECTRICAL WORKS Owner to purchase fixtures
(Electrical works may varies upon site, owner discreet & will validate accordingly)

Kitchen
1 To supply materials & install hob point at kitchen $ 70.00
2 To supply materials & install additional 1no double power pt to work station $ 60.00

Living
3 To supply wiring & install est 11nos light points c/w installation ****/dining $ 440.00
4 To supply wiring & install 1nos ceiling fan point **** $ 80.00
5 To supply wiring est 4nos light points to cove L-box $ 160.00
5a To supply loop points est 9nos looping includes T5 Flourscent (13nos T5) $ 511.00
6 To relocate SCV point to TV feature c/w console area $ 120.00
7 To relocate 2nos double power point to TV feature c/w console area $ 120.00
8 To supply wiring est 3nos light points to cove L-box $ 120.00
8a To supply loop points est 4nos looping includes T5 Flourscent (13nos T5) $ 210.00
Bedrooms/ Kitchen/ Bathroom/ HS/ Service yard
9 To install owner purchase light fixtures to HDB original statings est 8nos $ 96.00
J DOORS (Non fire-rated)
1 Supply & install of bedroom doors cum lever locksets 2 $ 900.00
K WINDOW / GRILLS WORKS (HT-1.3m/sgl panel) - tinted blue/green/clear glass
1 To supply & install Service yard aluminimum sliding windows $ 900.00
2 To supply & install whole house WPC aluminimum windows grills $ 1,500.00

TOTAL AMOUNT $ 46,519.00
F.O.C ITEMS
1 Rebate of $888 upon sign contract
2 To supply & install FOC 10ft solid surface *Asuka work top for kitchen
Total Amount $ 46,519.00
Further Discount $ (888.00)
TOTAL AMOUNT $ 45,631.00
7% GST $ 3,194.17
FINAL GRAND TOTAL AMOUNT : $48,825.17

yes. my ID charged me 1000 out of a total bill of 48K for this line item.

you do not want to be in a position to manage the contractors, electriicans, wall paper guys, balcony decking guys...etc etc.. trust me, it;s painful