Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
batusoon

Tilt And Turn Windows

Hi all,

I am going to renovate my flat (common corridors). And 1 of the items is to replace the windows with tilt & turn type. I like this windows because it allows more light in, higher secure (if window tilted) and helps to reduce noise (if closed).

Has any1 mounted this type of windows in HDB? And is it compliant with the HDB's requirement?

Secondly, am I allow to mount the grills as it facing the common corridor and window (behind the grills, nearer to living room).

Thanks for advice.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oh wat is tilt-&-turn windows? Sounds interesting!

U mean u wanna install the window grills on the outside (of the windows) instead of the usual? Oh nvr see before leh on windows along the corridor in HDB flats..

It's commonly used in Europe which allow 2 ways of opening an window.

http://www.windoworld.com/windows-tilt-and-turn-windows-tilt-turn-doors.html

Talked to the HDB's officer, he claimed that he has to check with HDB's techincal team and town council as it is his 1st time he hear such request. Will update once such request can be approved :)

Praying hard....

Interesting windows :yeah: , suitable for temperate countries, but for Singapore, I wonder do we need a tilt window for the warm air to escape ? Don't think the room full of warm air will escape as outside is warmer air... neither will the indoor warm air cause fogging on the window unless it rain very very heavily..

If Grilles installed outside meaning window is opened on the inside, not hindering the corridor, higher chance of approval.

Anyway will pray for you to get ur approval soon! :sport-smiley-004::yamseng:

I always thought common corridor windows must be sliding and not casement type (which you open out - cause it will obstruct the corridor which is a common area). In the same vein, grilles are usually inside the unit, not outside. Hmmmm...

In my opinion uPVC windows and doors are the best. I got them fitted few months back and couldn’t be happier. I used my local window and door company HomeDecisions (Romford,London). They were really helpful from day one, they explained about different types window frame profiles and glass. They are using REHAU profiles, which are super safe and extremely low maintenance. I chose tilt and turn function, windows open in two ways, and there is also a ventilation system. Even if the window looks fully closed fresh air is coming in, can you imagine that? This company can advise you, help you choose a frame, then a color (they have LOADS of them!), they will do measurements, remove you old windows and fit you brand new ones. They even have windows sills and many different kinds of blinds, all of it in one place. And the prices are really low, comparing with other companies. You can check them out at www.homedecisions.co.uk:yeah: