Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zihui

Mission Impossible

Wow!!! I really like the arcade machine idea... Haha... Perhaps you can place it at the hole underneath your staircase.... My wifey will face palm me if I buy that haha...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow!!! I really like the arcade machine idea... Haha... Perhaps you can place it at the hole underneath your staircase.... My wifey will face palm me if I buy that haha...

Oh I should have totally face-palmed him INSTEAD of facepalming myself!

*evil grin*

Anyway we've managed to find a spot for it in the Recreation Room so I guess he's happy. In any case, I've already earmarked the storage cabinet underneath the staircase for the storing of the vacuum cleaner, our golf bags etc since the existing storeroom will be converted into my shoe cabinet *teehee*

Thanks for the suggestion though, MHB!

Went over to the apartment last night after work. I'm very happy with the progress!

Apart from the 2nd storey flooring (all 3 bedrooms and the walkway), the steps of the stairs have been plastered over with the Burmese teakwood parquet laid on the top of each step. (Ok, i totally don't know how to describe it hahaha. Check out the photos. Sorry for the poor quality - there are NO lights at all in the house so I had to quickly snap the shot before the sun set)

The plastered surface of the staircase steps -

fv1.JPG

How the steps currently look -

pgvo.JPG

The white plastered portion of the steps will be painted over using our selected shade from Nippon Paint. More Burmese teakwood parquet will be applied to each step in order to 'round out' the edges. I don't know how to phrase it so I'll have to wait till it's done to take photos. The glass staircase sides and the railings are already completed, but JT has asked them to only deliver and install them close to the end to avoid anyone breaking the glass by accident when moving bulky items.

Other things have been put in place also, but due to the lack of natural light, I didn't manage to take photos. For instance, the WCs have been installed, the steel frame for the staircase cove light has been erected, the L box at the living room is looking amazing (the workers were still there yesterday evening smoothing out the grooves of the false ceiling when we were there)

Things are progressing very very quickly now.

Peeka contacted me yesterday, telling me that their logistics company will be contacting me today to arrange for the delivery of all my loots either on Saturday / Monday.

Within the next week, all of our purchased lights will be installed (we're having LED downlights all over the house, including our toilets which is why we've put false ceilings and box ups almost everywhere), our bathroom accessories (including the sinks, rainshower, misc accessories etc) will be installed, all the doors for the apartment (my unit currently has ZERO doors. we don't even have a main door! hahahaha We're still depending on the wrought iron gate and a simple bicycle chain to keep strangers out) will be installed, the painting of both floors in our selected colors, installation of the aluminium works, installation of the glassworks (including staircase glass sides & railings and bathroom shower screens) etc. The kitchen carpentry will be delivered and installed on the 23rd of Oct.... WIW to be delivered at the end of next week.....

I AM GETTING VERY EXCITED NOW!

We're entering into the final stretch of the renovation period. Just yesterday evening, JT was telling us that this has to be a record for him - completing the major overhaul of the entire unit within 1 month and 10 days (tentative handover date has been pushed to the 30th/31st of Oct instead of 27th, but that's my fault because the works were held up with the delay in the delivery of my lights, basins, sinks, taps, rainshower etc from Taobao) and he's very proud of what's been done. In fact, he pointed out to me that apart from the marble flooring on the ground floor, we have retained absolutely NOTHING from the apartment. Everything is being done from scratch, made even more difficult by the fact that the apartment was in a really bad shape before renovations started.

Starting from next Monday, the HTB and I will be going down to the apartment almost on a daily basis (home run stretch what) so I'm looking forward to taking many many more photos and updating more often!

The teak flooring looks awesome!

What did you buy from taobao? Please post pics when you unbox haha

Thanks for the kind words greg!

I'm totally in love with the outcome. After a good grinding and varnishing, coupled with the chemical wash, it'll look even better!

For the first batch (to be delivered on Sat / Mon), I mainly bought all the sinks, basins, toilet accessories, lights and more lights. Basically all the essentials.

I'm leaving the decorative items and fun stuff for the 2nd batch of orders. Compiling my orders right now! hahahahha

Expect a photo avalanche starting from next week...

All in all, it was a very busy weekend. The HTB was away for his stag party in Bangkok for the weekend with his boys while I had my own hen party with my girls on Saturday night. Before heading out to the hotel to meet my girls, I spent the best part of 6 hours at the apartment checking on the progress of the renovation, overseeing the delivery from Peeka as well as unwrapping the boxes. It felt like Christmas came early hahahaha.

JT and his team were working through the entire weekend to ensure that the targetted handover date of 30th Oct can be met. Here are some photos of the progress thus far:

1) As per our FSM's instructions, the main door had to be tilted to a precise angle. So JT's team was there since 8 am ensuring that the door frame is up in place so that there won't be any delays to the installation of the new main door next week -

n0hk.jpg

By the time I left the apartment at 4+ in the afternoon to head over to my hen party, the door frame was finally more or less in place even though the unit looks like a war zone -

s9v7.jpg

2) We've created a storage cabinet underneath the staircase. This'll be where we'll put the vacuum cleaner, our golf bags, well basically everything that we can't fit into the storeroom which will be converted into a shoe cabinet -

ie63.JPG

3) The staircase's cove light's frame is up. Now that our LED lights have been delivered, we can expect a lot more progress next week. JT gave me a schedule update and if I remember correctly, the electrician will be coming over to do the installation of the lights either today / tomorrow (sorry, the closer I get to the final stretch, the more my memory is failing me). Here are some photos of the cove light's placement and size -

View from the 2nd storey:

h4ak.jpg

r2uv.jpg

How it'll look like from the ground floor -

sthb.jpg

Really hoping that it'll look good once the lights have been installed and the box-up is in place *fingers crossed*

Edited by zihui

you mission impossible is turning into a mission dreamie...good job!

Thanks for the kind words, Vanessa! All credit has to JT and his team, not to me.

Honestly, if my house can look half as nice as yours looks (and I'm not saying this to flatter you), I will be absolutely thrilled.

So on Saturday, our long-awaited delivery from Peeka finally arrived. JT initially wanted the delivery guys to place all the items on the 2nd floor, but they weren't willing to do so, saying that their duty is to safely deliver the items to the unit. Fair enough, so all the Taobao loots were just temporarily placed on the ground floor, awaiting the necessary installation works to be carried out.

All of the crates & boxes placed in the living room -

9n3p.jpg

As we'll be using LED downlights all throughout the house (even in the toilets), naturally a huge portion of the purchased items were our LED downlights (both bright and warm lights) -

3h41.jpg

Even more LED downlights -

6dfy.jpg

Apart from LED downlights, we also purchased some simple lights to be used in places like the storage cabinet and the shoe cabinet (storeroom). Here's one of the square ones -

ifzq.jpg

as well as one of the round ones -

u89u.jpg

Apart from the functional lights, the HTB also wanted a whimsical one for the Recreation Room so he got the following standing lamp -

ye7y.jpg

We also bought Tom Dixon beat lights for the dining table and track lights for the kitchen to showcase the wall decal, but in my excitement, I somehow managed to forget to take photos of them.

Will post more photos of the lights after they've been installed and consigned to their firm locations.

Edited by zihui

wow! that's alot of downlights! Reno is moving fast babe! Mission possible!

Hope you had a great hen's party! :dancingqueen:

Edited by ProjectH

So on Saturday, our long-awaited delivery from Peeka finally arrived. JT initially wanted the delivery guys to place all the items on the 2nd floor, but they weren't willing to do so, saying that their duty is to safely deliver the items to the unit. Fair enough, so all the Taobao loots were just temporarily placed on the ground floor, awaiting the necessary installation works to be carried out.

All of the crates & boxes placed in the living room -

As we'll be using LED downlights all throughout the house (even in the toilets), naturally a huge portion of the purchased items were our LED downlights (both bright and warm lights) -

Even more LED downlights -

Apart from LED downlights, we also purchased some simple lights to be used in places like the storage cabinet and the shoe cabinet (storeroom). Here's one of the square ones -

as well as one of the round ones -

We also bought Tom Dixon beat lights for the dining table, but in my excitement, I somehow managed to forget to take photos of them.

Will post more photos of the lights after they've been installed and consigned to their firm locations.

Good lord!!! Keep the photos coming!!!

In addition to our lights, our bathroom accessories were also delivered so the plumber can commence with the installation of the bathroom fittings tomorrow -

1) Our rainshower set and mixer (sorry, this photo was taken before we unwrapped the actual item to check on the quality) -

sbt6.jpg

2) Our toilet basins are also here. Here's a couple of photos of the basins and JT carrying one of them to the toilet on the 2nd storey to ensure that the size of the basin is acceptable -

w55x.jpg

r7zz.jpg

3) The bath towel holders, arrived in shiny, gleaming conditions:

e3es.jpg

4) Here's a shot of the toiletries rack for both the toilets on the 2nd storey.

eiyd.jpg

5) Other misc accessories like the hand-towel rail were also delivered -

ejy.JPG

wow! that's alot of downlights! Reno is moving fast babe! Mission possible!

Hope you had a great hen's party! :dancingqueen:

Yup, we really bought a LOT of downlights, all according to JT's calculations and dimensions.

*fingers crossed* really hoping that the final stretch goes smoothly.... We've had our fair share of hiccups and unexpected developments along the way.

hahahahahaha

Had a great hen party, thanks to my girlfriends. Was forced to do MANY embarrassing things at Clarke Quay....

nonetheless, great memories *beam*

Yup, we really bought a LOT of downlights, all according to JT's calculations and dimensions.

*fingers crossed* really hoping that the final stretch goes smoothly.... We've had our fair share of hiccups and unexpected developments along the way.

hahahahahaha

Had a great hen party, thanks to my girlfriends. Was forced to do MANY embarrassing things at Clarke Quay....

nonetheless, great memories *beam*

The hen's party sounds like good fun! :) Good that you took a break from the house reno...now full steam ahead!! "add oil"

your reno is fast! lucky gal! My place isn't quite ready yet...waiting for taobao stuff to arrive probably next week, then i can post more pictures of upstairs...having said that...gonna post the kitchen pictures in detail today