Mission Impossible

Haha! hello folks u hear that..pls put down your names, those interested lol

Please throw in mahjong session. :notti:

1. desatans

2. OceanEleven

Thumbs up! Mahjong plssssss:D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi zihui

wondering if you could share how the fanco fan is so far?

came very close to buying it last weekend then realised the motor sounds very loud. not sure if due to poor installation in the shop i was at, or really the fanco fan too powerful.

thanks!

hi zihui

wondering if you could share how the fanco fan is so far?

came very close to buying it last weekend then realised the motor sounds very loud. not sure if due to poor installation in the shop i was at, or really the fanco fan too powerful.

thanks!

Hi PrawnMee,

zero complaints about the fanco fan. I've tried it on all the settings and even at its strongest, there's no discernible noise. Good strong wind.

However, I must give credit where credit is due and bro Eric did a wonderful job of installing the ceiling fan. It rests nice and flush against the ceiling so I don't get any of the 'wobbling' you tend to see with poorly installed ceiling fans. I'm definitely not the only RTer who has engaged the services of bro Eric because I know that 3dyms also engaged him for all the ceiling fans in her EM over at Bt Batok.

great job zihui looking forward to pics of the arcade machine. I must admit I was tempted when I first read abt it haha but no space la lol

Thanks for the kind words oldskool

My reno is very simple without any feature walls in order to keep my costs down.

it certainly is no where as creative as yours is! Still in absolute awe over how you've managed to stick closely to your intended theme

*thumbs up*

And the arcade machine has been delivered, now sitting in one corner of the recreation room. The hubby is quite sad because due to a prior appointment, we were out yesterday and only got back home well after midnight, so he hasn't even had the chance to turn on the arcade machine to try it out as yet. However, he was bouncing around the shop while doing the test run of the machine because the arcade machine comes with an emulator box which contains 748 games (some of them are repeats and hacks from what I know), including his childhood favorites (we havn't had the chance to sit down and really explore the machine as yet but he was raving about games like three kingdoms, double dragon, puzzle bubble and King of Fighters)

Here's a quick photo of it sitting in a corner of the recreation room, all plugged in waiting for the hubby to have fun -

mhrh.jpg

The hubby has been spending a lot of time in the recreation room during the unpacking process. He lovingly wipes each of his books before placing them on the bookshelves according to genre. This Sunday, he'll be bringing over another 200+ of his books from his mother's place so that he can fill up the bookshelves. I've tried telling him that once the bookshelves are full, he should stop buying books and convert to e-books instead. He simply told me that he'll 'make space somehow' *roll eyes*

kurk.jpg

Nice bookshelf! my wife limits me to buying books too. :no:

anyways , loving the arcade machine!!! childhood dream come through for your husband lo.

comes with all the classic games too. do you mind sharing how much does it cost?

The machine does look a little worn out tho....are you going to paste some stickers over it?

Nice bookshelf! my wife limits me to buying books too. :no:

anyways , loving the arcade machine!!! childhood dream come through for your husband lo.

comes with all the classic games too. do you mind sharing how much does it cost?

The machine does look a little worn out tho....are you going to paste some stickers over it?

hahahahaha

High five for your wife. No idea why you guys need to clutter up the entire house with books. Can't you read e-books? It's not as if you guys are technophobes...

Regarding the arcade machine, I agree - it's rusty and worn out.

my decal guy is coming over to my place tomorrow to take precise measurements for my wall in the kitchen.

i will ask him to check out the arcade machine to see if there's anything he can do to make it look more presentable.

regarding the cost, I'll pm you :thumbs up:

Oooooo.. So fun! So many games!! Thk i wont b gg out if i hv that in my house! So fun! Haha! Sorry, i support ur hub in this case

Ironically, that's what he said

He's going to turn down all meetup requests for some time to enjoy the house, the arcade machine and the new FM14 *roll eyes*

Thanks for the kind words, sherting!

That's actually a good question - I was provided with an entire book of samples to choose from and we picked the glossy white laminate. Can't remember what the actual name is.

if you'd like, I can double check with JT once again to see if he has a better answer than I do

Dont' mind to share the brand of the laminate and name/colour code of the white kitchen cabinets? :) Your white TV console is very nice too! Is it from TB? If yes, can share the link? Thanks! Your living room looks awesome!

Funny how practically every single weekend seems to be jam packed.. wonder when all the dust will settle and we can finally sit down to relax and enjoy the house.

Started off the weekend with a nice cup of coffee on our coffee machine (we chose a white colored machine to tie in with the overall theme of the place) to brace ourselves for the upcoming battle of the final move.

70sq.jpg

Shortly after our breakfast and the coffee, the piano movers were here with the hubby's piano. After placing it where it belongs, cue the start of a frantic hour where we had to wipe down the piano numerous times - first to remove all the dust and dirt before getting to work polishing away on the piano with the help of a bottle of fine piano polish to restore its shine, resulting in sore arms all over. For some reason, the 'wax on, wax off' scene from The Karate Kid kept popping into my head while we were polishing the piano. Wonder if Daniel-san / Mr Miyagi are free to volunteer their services.... *hmmmmm*

We also collected our coffee table and we're pleased with how the white coffee table is tying in with the overall look of the living room -

p5bw.jpg

So here's how the living room roughly looks like now while we're still awaiting the arrival of our rug and other decorative pieces from our 2nd Taobao order -

plou.jpg

I couldn't help but wonder if the additional pieces from Taobao will make the living room look more inviting....Guess we'll only find out after everything arrives and is in place. *fingers crossed*

Sunday was the day of our final move so that was an extremely tiring (and sweaty) day. (Ok fine, I didn't really have to carry anything heavy. That was left up to the hubby, my father and the 3 bangladeshi workers. But in my defence, I had to supervise and constantly yell out words of loving encouragement like "Hurry up lah, so slow" and "Eh, be careful ah, don't scratch the parquet" etc. That's very tiring, you know?)

Even though this is already the 2nd part of our move, we still managed to fill up an entire pick-up truck with our items -

1oky.jpg

Several back-breaking hours later, my WIW is now playing host to a mountain of carton boxes. The unpacking carries on tonight after work (and every other day actually). We are like the worst hoarders in the world..... Wonder how long it'll take before the unpacking of approximately 40 carton boxes (packed to the brim somemore) is complete...

But without a doubt, the most exciting event of the weekend is the addition to our tiny family unit. No, I'm not pregnant - we welcomed a furkid into our lives!

So in addition to moving and unpacking, we also had to constantly run around, mop up pee, pick up poop and continuously yell "No" at the furball.

People of Renotalk, let me introduce you to Aki!

3jl8.jpg

Thankfully he hasn't learned how to climb the staircase yet -

kth8.jpg

Probably plotting his escape -

gxzd.jpg

Ok, sorry, I know that this isn't reno-related. No more photos of Aki - good night!

3oan.jpg

• Like 1