Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zihui

Mission Impossible

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

No photos yet coz I m dying babe! Totally feel u re cleaning the place. Hub was bz and left me alone cleaning for two days.. I had to take ibufen the first nite n went for massge n tuina after one week of cleaning..boo Thot will hv more satisfaction doing own cleaning! Big wrong...

Howz ur new plc? Shld go visit each other plc soon! Haha! I wanna play bubble!

No photos yet coz I m dying babe! Totally feel u re cleaning the place. Hub was bz and left me alone cleaning for two days.. I had to take ibufen the first nite n went for massge n tuina after one week of cleaning..boo Thot will hv more satisfaction doing own cleaning! Big wrong...

Howz ur new plc? Shld go visit each other plc soon! Haha! I wanna play bubble!

hahaaahaha

actually.... I have a confession

I've been too busy studying for my exams this week so the hubby has been the one doing most of the unpacking and all of the housework thus far.

Like you, he really couldn't take it anymore last Sunday so he went for a massage post housework (after taking a shower of course)

He's probably happy that my final paper is this Friday so he finally has an extra pair of hands helping him out with the housework

He initially wanted to utilize the services of a part time maid, but I convinced him not to in order to save money. So your friend is in a pretty grumpy mood LOL

Sigh! I m in the same position as him!! My hub is away thurs-tues and so i decided to engage a part-time help this Sat or else no way the house will be ready by 10th..

And boy was I grumpy last week! Hub have to really pacify me.

Can tell him to go chuan qi dao for tuina! Super painful (although they insisted they nv use any force and juz that my shoulder is really tense) Really felt btr after that! Theres a branch at je.

Actually engage a part-time help is cheaper! Massage and tuina is more ex!!!

Sigh! I m in the same position as him!! My hub is away thurs-tues and so i decided to engage a part-time help this Sat or else no way the house will be ready by 10th..

And boy was I grumpy last week! Hub have to really pacify me.

Can tell him to go chuan qi dao for tuina! Super painful (although they insisted they nv use any force and juz that my shoulder is really tense) Really felt btr after that! Theres a branch at je.

Actually engage a part-time help is cheaper! Massage and tuina is more ex!!!

hahahaha

the husband will be away for another business trip next week so I've told him to get his fill of massages over there before coming back

With the exchange rate, it's probably more worth it that way

Running thru your t-blog...congrats on the completion of your renovation...Nicely done up...so you have officially shifted in?

Congrats... so everything done up in 1 month time? I remember yours a rush schedule too...

Running thru your t-blog...congrats on the completion of your renovation...Nicely done up...so you have officially shifted in?

Congrats... so everything done up in 1 month time? I remember yours a rush schedule too...

hi dannywmp,

so sorry for the late reply!

was busy with work and my exams, so I didn't really have the time to come in here.

Yup, we've officially shifted in. Without realizing it, we've actually been living here for over a month already. actually, pretty close to 2 months. hahhaha

We started the reno officially on the 20th of Sept '13, handover of the unit was on the 4th of Nov '13 and we officially shifted into the new house on the 6th of Nov '13. So the entire reno process took us approximately 6 weeks. After we moved in, we've been doing round after round of unpacking and cleaning - even till now, we're not entirely complete as yet. Loads of paintings and posters still sitting around. In fact, we just received our 2nd Taobao shipment last Saturday so the entire day was spent unpacking and packing yet again.

Update - 2nd Taobao purchase delivery (23rd Dec '13):

Time has passed very quickly and our 2nd shipment from Taobao was finally delivered to our place last Saturday (21st Dec '13). Unlike the first shipment which comprised the key practical items that were required for the renovation like the LED downlights, the shower mixtures, sinks and basins etc, the second shipment was made up of mainly the decorative items (and my numerous clothes, shoes and boots *ahem*).

The Peeka staff delivered 17 boxes of loots to our place very early in the morning so when the hubby woke up and made his way downstairs around noontime on Saturday, the first thing he saw was the entire living room cramped with these lovely, dusty boxes -

28di.jpg

zr4c.jpg

I was in the kitchen feeding Aki his lunch when I heard him groan loudly, "WAH LAU, NOT AGAIN!!???" :rofl:

(Background: Even though he was the one who picked out the decorative paintings and posters, I was the one who did the ordering and liaising with Taobao & Peeka so he wasn't aware that the delivery was scheduled for Saturday. He came home late on Friday night after attending a friend's housewarming party at Potong Pasir so coupled with the many business trips that he had been going on of late, I think he'd forgotten all about this particular Taobao order. In fact, I think he was initially looking forward to having a weekend filled with hectic activities such as stretching for the TV remote and making long, healthy hikes to the kitchen to grab another can of beer.)

So after a quick brunch, we settled down to the tedious task of opening all the boxes and assembling our latest purchases. For me, it felt like X'mas had come early (even though we had to pay for our own presents) whereas for him, it probably felt like he was in **** as he was still hungover from the housewarming gathering the previous night. 8|

The first box that we opened up contained his outdoor rattan furniture for the balcony so the complaints subsided pretty swiftly. Here's a photo of the opening and the furniture assembly process:

f9ax.jpg

I just realized that I forgot to take a photo of the finished product, so I'll do that when I go home tonight. I want a complete diary of the process! 8|

I'm contradictingly too lazy to write out the entire process, so I'm just going to post some photos of the purchased items after we've opened the boxes and assembled the items.

Here's the 'His and Hers' laundry basket that I got for a song -

t2lv.jpg

Update - 2nd Taobao purchase delivery (cont'd):

His precious Yue Minjun replica painting which he absolutely loves:

7bjf.jpg

We needed a pretty large painting as we plan to hang it at the dining area, so we ordered the 150 by 60 cm painting. The hubby was so enthralled by it that he intends to buy a couple more. Wonder where he plans to hang them.......

A couple of movie posters that he wants to hang in the Recreation Room:

xq8y.jpg

2oub.jpg

The quality of the movie posters were surprisingly good! So he intends to hang up the movie posters and other memorabilia that he has before seeing if there is anymore space for him to order a couple more. I highly doubt there'll be much space left as each movie poster measures 40 cm by 60 cm.

I also chose the following posters that I intend to hang in the living room, behind the sofa. Finally, something that ties in with the 'Black and White City Living' theme that we started out with before things got more and more rojak along the way:

r89c.jpg

We also bought 2 rugs (measuring 1.6 m by 2.3 m) for the living room and the walk-in wardrobe, but we havn't opened up those as yet. We'll be going overseas this week, so we intend to do another round of major housecleaning when we get back to S'pore and then install the rugs accordingly. We also got this pendulum clock for the living room -

3x7t.jpg

That's about it for the living room.

We also bought some other misc items that I didn't bother taking photos of like a copper bust of Beethoven (which was ridiculously heavy) for the hubby's piano, a couple of black leather bound tissue box holders, a couple of black leather bound remote control holders, a detergent shelving unit for the laundry area and white wire & cable management boxes.

In addition to the rug that I got specifically for the Walk-in Wardrobe, I also bought the following items:

22d3.jpg

A white clothes stand where we can hang the misc clothing items like hats etc. For something this simple, this took the longest to assemble!

But the item that really got my cooing underway was the round indoor chaise that was absolutely perfect!!

Assembly was extremely simple and I love how it looks! I'm going to place it right smack in the middle of my Walk-In Wardrobe so that I can laze on it, run my feet through the fibres of the huge rug and daydream about the new bags and clothes that I'm going to buy -

31wk.jpg

I also couldn't help myself - I bought 500 wooden hangers for the Walk-In Wardrobe so that I can have a uniform, standardized look for the entire wardrobe. I spent the entire Sunday trying to organize the wardrobe and I think I bought too many hangers this time around.... even after filling the entire wardrobe, I still have around 80+ hangers left unused.... oops. Guess I need to buy 80+ more dresses so that I can fully utilize the hangers! :notti:

Here's how the hangers look like (once again, I didn't bother to take a photo of the hangers so I just ripped the photo off the Taobao seller that I bought the hangers from):

efjd.jpg

Edited by zihui

This is the final post regarding our 2nd purchase from Taobao. Seeing as it's the X'mas period, we decided to get Aki some Christmas presents.

So we bought him a soft, comfy doggie bed, a new Kong chew toy, a personalized leather collar and a leash.

Here's how the doggie bed (with complimentary doggie blanket) looks like:

pzug.jpg

Aki loves his presents! He's been lazing in the bed, playing with the new chew toy all weekend long:

paza.jpg

zckl.jpg

Money well spent!

We also got our Christmas tree and all the decorative baubles (including the LED lights) from Taobao so we had a lot of fun putting up the Christmas tree:

tb4g.jpg

The hubby and I will be flying off on Christmas day to spend the X'mas holidays in a colder climate so in case I don't come into Renotalk before then, here's wishing all my fellow Renotalkers and your families a very blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year! It's the happiest time of the year so I hope that your days are filled with laughter, joy and festive cheer! :yamseng::drunk:

The Yue Minjun painting is very bold. I have no guts to put something so bold in my own place haha

Hi greg!!!

The hubby loves it! He keeps looking at it and grinning.

In fact, he's already planning his next few Yue Minjun purchases, but I keep telling him that if he gets too many, it'll be major overkill....