Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
AlezDrake75

Maisonette In The West

Hi,

I'm new to Renotalk but i'm excited to share the experience of my renovation with someone, anyone... EVERYONE!!! Lol :)

Just got an EM in the West & started my reno last week... Reno contractor's Desmond from KHS http://www.khsdesign.com/ who's given me a reasonable quote...

Anyway, does anyone knows what's a suitable motor suction for an open concept kitchen? And the cheapest yet efficient chimney hood i could find?! (Btw, we seldom cook at home, only on big occasions.) Thanks for your time reading this & in advance for any advice/s...

Hear from you guys soon...

There's a link to my new nest, do have a look. Comments, advices & remarks are welcome!

Edited by AlezDrake75

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Alezdrake! Welcome to this wonderful forum. You can check out price of chimney hood from Mayers..... they offer brands like aristonand indesit ....their price is not steep but may not be the cheapest. I bought ariston LED chimney hood from them.

Welcome to the maisonette club! :) We have an open kitchen too but we didn't get a hood, because the hoods we've had so far have proven useless. We don't cook much either, so we didn't see a need for one. So far, we've had no issues with cooking smells in the house. But that's probably because we rely heavily on the air fryer and mainly only cook soups and stews on our hob :D

All the best with renovation!

hahahaha Welcome to the maisonette owners' club!

maybe we should open up a 'West side' sub club for those who stay in the west like yourself, 3Dyms etc

my only question is will I be allowed in the club since mine is a 5 Rm Maisonette and not an Executive Maisonette :P

Hi Alezdrake! Welcome to this wonderful forum. You can check out price of chimney hood from Mayers..... they offer brands like aristonand indesit ....their price is not steep but may not be the cheapest. I bought ariston LED chimney hood from them.

Hi Potatoes! Thanks for welcoming me :) My wife & me are looking at either Turbo or Tecno chimney hoods as they cost lesser than Mayer or Ariston. I heard from my contractor that it's best that i get something >Motor Suction 900m3/h. But we realize that cost way beyond our budget. So probably will look at package deals around $1.2k for hood & hob...

Welcome to the maisonette club! :) We have an open kitchen too but we didn't get a hood, because the hoods we've had so far have proven useless. We don't cook much either, so we didn't see a need for one. So far, we've had no issues with cooking smells in the house. But that's probably because we rely heavily on the air fryer and mainly only cook soups and stews on our hob :D

All the best with renovation!

Thanks summersann! Maisonette club :yeah: ?! I like that!!!:good: We plan to get ourselves food steamer & slow cooker for weekend meals. I'm not into deep-frying (except during CNY) so probably getting something mid-range in terms of functionality & pricing for the hood, hob & built in oven... Will update more pics on Flickr. Stay tuned! :notti:

Welcome to Renotalk ! Good luck on your reno journey !

Thanks mrmerry! :notti:Will update more pics on Flickr. Stay tuned! :notti:

Congrats & welcome to the EM Club.

I'm at the west side too and my Reno is nearing completion (finally). If you looking at Turbo, I remember seeing some promo packages when I got my sanitary stuffs from Adamas at TradeHub 21. I'm using Teka hob & hood and their pricing is quite reasonable. Another option you may wanna hv a look at.

Have fun with your Reno journey and look forward to updates especially more pics. :)

maybe we should open up a 'West side' sub club for those who stay in the west like yourself, 3Dyms etc

my only question is will I be allowed in the club since mine is a 5 Rm Maisonette and not an Executive Maisonette :P

Zihui, no worries lah. Wether it's EM or 5M, all is maisonette. So everyone is welcome. *thumbs up* ;)

Hahah... Agree on west side EM club. Not many of us here. Can also include Happy Ang.

Thanks Zihui! I'm all in for Westlife!!! Lol :rofl: I'm not too sure :dunno: bout your question asked but i guess anything that ends with Maisonette is in :rolleyes: ... Stay tuned for more updates! :seeya:

Congrats & welcome to the EM Club.

I'm at the west side too and my Reno is nearing completion (finally). If you looking at Turbo, I remember seeing some promo packages when I got my sanitary stuffs from Adamas at TradeHub 21. I'm using Teka hob & hood and their pricing is quite reasonable. Another option you may wanna hv a look at.

Have fun with your Reno journey and look forward to updates especially more pics. :)

Thanks 3Dyms :D! Congrats to you too! :good: 5 more weeks to go for me :sport-smiley-004: Can't wait to move in... Do you have any pics which we can share ideas :idea: ? I've told my contractors to removed both the top level bathroom windows & leave them open. Not sure if it works but we'll see... Wish me luck in that! :rofl:Will update more pics on Flickr. Stay tuned! :notti:

AlezDrake75,

Certainly. Feel free to take a look at my T-blog for pics. The link is in my signature. Erm... About removing the bathroom windows, won't your neighbors be able to look in? Maybe you wanna try posting some pics of your Reno here as well? :)

3Dyms, my background's an open space. Neighbours won't be able to look in. I've a link to Flickr where there are photos on my new place. Feel free to take a look! Cheers; )

Open space now may not mean it will be open space later, but it's your choice....

Good luck with your Reno!