Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MonsterBeng

This Is Home.... 3Rm Resale @ Jurong East

Decided to stay on my own, and took the plunge to buy a 3-room resale flat at Jurong East. 2nd appointment with HDB scheduled on 15th Aug 2013. Need to start sourcing around to engage reliable contractor for renovation. Don't have a lot of cash left after the hefty COV that I will be paying, so have to do renovation on a shoestring.

First timer here with house reno. Did some rough planning on a floorplan but not to scale. Can anyone comments if there's anything that I should be looking out for, or if there is anything generally wrong with my planning? Any improvements that could be done?

Thank you. :)

floorplan-20130724_zpsae6b4a78.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi welcome to RT and the 3-roomer club! Jurong East is a fantastic location and the houses there will only appreciate! Your floor plan looks big and unique! Especially your MBR!

Decided to stay on my own, and took the plunge to buy a 3-room resale flat at Jurong East. 2nd appointment with HDB scheduled on 15th Aug 2013. Need to start sourcing around to engage reliable contractor for renovation. Don't have a lot of cash left after the hefty COV that I will be paying, so have to do renovation on a shoestring.

First timer here with house reno. Did some rough planning on a floorplan but not to scale. Can anyone comments if there's anything that I should be looking out for, or if there is anything generally wrong with my planning? Any improvements that could be done?

Thank you. :)

floorplan-20130724_zpsae6b4a78.jpg

Hi Monsterbeng.

You may consider placing the wardrobe near the toilet. This will shorten the walking distance when you wanna take clothes to the toilet, in the event when you forgot to bring in a clean set of clothes, or when you just wanna walk out naked to change.

In a nutshell, there's a reason for hotels to construct wardrobes just outside the bathroom. Hope this helps :)

Hi welcome to RT and the 3-roomer club! Jurong East is a fantastic location and the houses there will only appreciate! Your floor plan looks big and unique! Especially your MBR!

Thanks Makanology. I bought Jurong East because it is near to my family, so we could look out for each other. Hopefully the houses will appreciate due to the developments here.

This is a corner unit, and there is supposed to be additional space in between the 2 rooms, which the "soon to be" previous owner has hacked off to make the MBR bigger. She also sliced the kitchen into 2 to craft out a dining area and a mini kitchen. I intend to retain the structure. :)

Hi Monsterbeng.

You may consider placing the wardrobe near the toilet. This will shorten the walking distance when you wanna take clothes to the toilet, in the event when you forgot to bring in a clean set of clothes, or when you just wanna walk out naked to change.

In a nutshell, there's a reason for hotels to construct wardrobes just outside the bathroom. Hope this helps :)

Hmm.... I did not think of that. :P Thanks for the suggestion. I'm trying to save some reno $$$ by reusing the existing built-in wardrobe in the unit, unless of coz the wardrobe is beyond usable condition. So an alternative location would be just besides the door, where the TV console is now.

Hi, out of curiosity, can you share what the floor area is for your unit? I like what your seller has done to the layout though the kitchen looks small.

Can see that both of us are envious of his huge floor space!

The floor space is not exactly big, and i am not sure if the kitchen is really that small. I just did a rough modification to the original floor plan intending to use the modified floor plan to get quotation. So it is not really to scale. I'm okay with a small kitchen as I'll be staying alone, and I won't be cooking much.

The floor area is 84 sqm. 15 mins walk to Jem (my pace), 3 bus stops away.

Hmm... i feel like i'm trying to "sell" my unit... even before i buy it. :P

Can see that both of us are envious of his huge floor space!

Make it three.

The floor area is 84 sqm. . :P

And that is big!

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to renotalk.

Hi Beng (hv been friend with another blogger "Bengologist" whom i call him "Beng Beng" :lol:)

Congrats on ur new flat, and welcome to the 3-roomers' club & to RT! :D

Yah, like the rest of my 3-roomers friends, i'm so envious (jealous haha!) of ur huge corner-unit 3-room! Gd for u! :good:

Ur intended kitchen does look a little small.. but if u r a bachelor who doesn't do much cooking, then a small functional kitchen should be enof le.. Even I stay wif my mom & she cooks every meal, i oso strunk my kitchen (think about same original size as urs) to make space for a larger living room + small dining area.. :P

Looking forward to see the transformation & keep those updates & pics coming ya! :yamseng: