Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MonsterBeng

This Is Home.... 3Rm Resale @ Jurong East

I wld say change the aircon now or else it will be troublesome to take out trunking etc.. And older model aircon not so energy efficient..

yes. change the aircon now if you can. i didnt change mine when i bought my old flat. 3 yrs later changed and the replacement unit cause a big hole in the cornices :curse:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Was going around IMM today to see if there were any offers during National Day.

Hmm... saw this aircon ads. Are these offers too good to be true?

20130809_111832_zps8d60c250.jpg

And this chair is cute... but very expensive. Beyond my budget... moving on. :bleah:

20130809_120529_zpsac823277.jpg

Was going around IMM today to see if there were any offers during National Day.

Hmm... saw this aircon ads. Are these offers too good to be true?

Aiyo bro, u never read z3phy's blog on "Best Tech Air-Con"!? Pls pls check it out! Hope u did not make any purchase with them! :no:

Edited by jus4fun

Aiyo bro, u never read z3phy's blog on "Best Tech Air-Con"!? Pls pls check it out! Hope u did not make any purchase with them! :no:

OMG :jawdrop: ... i only read it after you mentioned it. Thanks for pointing out. Luckily i was only there to see see look look, no purchase made. So when things are too good to be true, sometimes they really are, i guess. I was attracted by their low price.

Oh well, guess I better stick to the more reputated ones, like Gain City/Harvey Norman/Courts/Best Denki.

Gain City is also quite risky... Think some forumers experienced problems with their installation as their guys tend to choose the easiest way to lay the pipes even if it is unsightly. Our previous landlord also experienced that when she was installing her air con.

yea, avoid best tech, gain city depends on your luck it seems.

i heard coolserve not bad, maybe u can ask around, i got mine via the ID so they can liase among themselves easier tho.

yea, avoid best tech, gain city depends on your luck it seems.

i heard coolserve not bad, maybe u can ask around, i got mine via the ID so they can liase among themselves easier tho.

I oso got mine thru ID so all he coordinated, but still must 自己看住 n make sure u get involved in all the stages of planning the trunking route n installation.. (Can read my experience in z3phy's blog too..) But like bro edd said; can b heng suay one de.. So gd luck bro! :)

Just went to inspect the soon-to-be-mine unit before the 2nd HDB appointment tomorrow, and I realised that the laminated flooring may need to redo, or change to tiles. When the unit is empty without furniture, a lot of flaws are revealed. Haiz.... looks like the reno will burn a big big hole in my wallet. :dunno:

Shall take some pics of the current state and post here after I take over the unit. Hopefully someone could help comment. :sport-smiley-018:

Just went to inspect the soon-to-be-mine unit before the 2nd HDB appointment tomorrow, and I realised that the laminated flooring may need to redo, or change to tiles. When the unit is empty without furniture, a lot of flaws are revealed. Haiz.... looks like the reno will burn a big big hole in my wallet. :dunno:

Shall take some pics of the current state and post here after I take over the unit. Hopefully someone could help comment. :sport-smiley-018:

Great! Can't wait to see your pics for us to k-po! kekeke :lol:

Today is the 15th of August, so CONGRATS MonsterBeng!

You're now a proud homeowner and the reno is about to start!

I'm beginning to have doubts about Gain City. I recently purchased a system 2 because their sales dude claimed that the utility room of our 3I cannot install split unit. (We initially wanted a system 3) We then found out from our HDB technical officer that it can be done, just that Gain City has to apply for a permit to drill the wall in between the utility room and WC. In order to save that hassle, they were adament that "utility room cannot install one! If can, of course I will want to earn more $$ by selling you extra unit, but the problem is, we cannot install... Don't believe, ask your HDB tech officer lor". (In the words of another Gain City salesman) :furious:

I'm beginning to have doubts about Gain City. I recently purchased a system 2 because their sales dude claimed that the utility room of our 3I cannot install split unit. (We initially wanted a system 3) We then found out from our HDB technical officer that it can be done, just that Gain City has to apply for a permit to drill the wall in between the utility room and WC. In order to save that hassle, they were adament that "utility room cannot install one! If can, of course I will want to earn more $$ by selling you extra unit, but the problem is, we cannot install... Don't believe, ask your HDB tech officer lor". (In the words of another Gain City salesman) :furious:

Sounds like none of the air con vendors are trustworthy. :(

Great! Can't wait to see your pics for us to k-po! kekeke :lol:

Today is the 15th of August, so CONGRATS MonsterBeng!

You're now a proud homeowner and the reno is about to start!

Congrats on ur key collection....

Thank you thank you... now I am a proud (but poor) owner of a 3-room flat. :jammin:

Here's some pics that I took after collecting my key and completing the "roll pineapple" ceremony.

The entrance...

20130815_180659_resize_zps62bfaed8.jpg

The wrought iron gate...

20130815_180655_zps51a5b1c4.jpg

More to come...