Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
MonsterBeng

This Is Home.... 3Rm Resale @ Jurong East

Guy... Just beware don't ever ask your ID to bring you or recommend to buy sanitary wares, confirm, guarantee chop carrot head and I learn my mistake one water basin cost $400++. When I went check price with other shop price was $200+ including all fitting.

For many of these shops, a commission is paid to the ID or brings you there, so they cannot give you the best price which you may be able to get if you buy from them direct. But the difference is normally not so much, cannot be double the price. Double price could simply be the shop is very expensive in the first place.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

For many of these shops, a commission is paid to the ID or brings you there, so they cannot give you the best price which you may be able to get if you buy from them direct. But the difference is normally not so much, cannot be double the price. Double price could simply be the shop is very expensive in the first place.

Whatever it is just beware for new house owner who is doing renovation, in my case the price double what stated in the invoice they are smart to break it down as accessories or fitting like drain stopper, bottle trap, drain pipe if your basin drain is expose. When I check with other shop in IMM, all necessary accessories & fitting is included in the package except mixer. If anyone asked just tell them you are buying yourself and what you need is to take all necessary dimension.

Bathroom mixer tap... but I only have cold water, so dunno if these can be used or not

20131102_152858_zpsbda87a5a.jpg

2 to 3 years back, I wanted to buy a similar water-fall tap but was told it is "not PUB approved" yet, probably because it dispenses too much water. I wonder if the position is still the same.

I suppose you already have your answer to your question of whether can connect a hot/cold tap to a cold water only pipe. The answer is yes. Some plumbers connect the water supply to just one side (probably cold water) but I think it is better to use a T-joint to connect the waters supply to both sides so that whichever way you turn the tap, you can get water.

Edited by kstoh

They never run thru with u the positioning of all the toilet assessories before installation? Once installed ho say liao! I oso got a few not-so-ideal installations but they consulted me before installation so only got myself to blame.. I guess pros & cons lo..

Else, looks like progressing well bro! :thumbs up:

Whatever it is just beware for new house owner who is doing renovation, in my case the price double what stated in the invoice they are smart to break it down as accessories or fitting like drain stopper, bottle trap, drain pipe if your basin drain is expose. When I check with other shop in IMM, all necessary accessories & fitting is included in the package except mixer. If anyone asked just tell them you are buying yourself and what you need is to take all necessary dimension.

As a first-timer house owner going through this renovation process, I have learned quite a fair bit from the mistakes that I made. Luckily i have close friends and colleagues who have recently gone through their own renovation process, and they shared some valued information with me, otherwise it would be more disastrous. Of coz, the folks and blogs in this forum help a lot too. :good:

If there is ever going to be another reno for me, I'm sure i can do it better than now. :notti:

:sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018:

2 to 3 years back, I wanted to buy a similar water-fall tap but was told it is "not PUB approved" yet, probably because it dispenses too much water. I wonder if the position is still the same.

I suppose you already have your answer to your question of whether can connect a hot/cold tap to a cold water only pipe. The answer is yes. Some plumbers connect the water supply to just one side (probably cold water) but I think it is better to use a T-joint to connect the waters supply to both sides so that whichever way you turn the tap, you can get water.

Hi kstoh,

Just curious, who was the one who told u the tap was not PUB-approved?? Contractor/ID? Hmm... yes i think this tap wastes too much water, but when I was "shopping" in Sim Siang Choon, i saw a lot of taps, rain shower system, and even WC that do not have any tick on the water saving ratings.

I did not get any answer to my question for a period of time, and so i went to a bathroom accessories shop near to my block, and pretend to be an interested buyer. I asked the sales guy if I only have cold water, but want to use mixer tap, what could I do. He mentioned about a "convertor". The answer was good enough for me, for i then know my purchased taps could be used. I then saw the T-joint after the installation of my basin. :thumbs up:

They never run thru with u the positioning of all the toilet assessories before installation? Once installed ho say liao! I oso got a few not-so-ideal installations but they consulted me before installation so only got myself to blame.. I guess pros & cons lo..

Else, looks like progressing well bro! :thumbs up:

Hmm... i did point out the GENERAL position of where i want the basin to be installed, but I did not point out the EXACT position, so the plumber used their initiative.. in the wrong way. :curse:

Oh well.... luckily they said they will install the bathroom accessories only after the cleaning, so I will definitely PINPOINT the position to them this time round.

Moral of the story: You really cannot assume that these guys know what you want, coz they are not you. Don't leave it to them to decide.

My cabinet is coming up, and I am sure that's another round of "battle" coming. :jawdrop:

The owner of the shop himself told me the tap was not PUB Approved yet.

For location of accessories, don't just point point. Use a masking tape and stick it at exact location and write on the tape toilet roll etc. Even that also can wrong sometimes. Once drilled, hard to change location.

I'm so looking forward to your renovation to be done! I'm intending to get LED downlights from Taobao too for my living room and my bedrooms. How many watts did you purchase?

HI

You extended your master bedroom? Do you need to apply for PE approval?

Hmmmm... the previous owner extended the MBR and built a partition wall between the MBR and living room. For me... I merely changed the partition wall to a hollow block wall. Did not apply for any PE approval.

I'm so looking forward to your renovation to be done! I'm intending to get LED downlights from Taobao too for my living room and my bedrooms. How many watts did yoe purchase?

The LED downlights I got are 3.5W warm light. My ID said they are not bright enough for my living room. However, I bought these downlights because there is a L box in my living room, and the L box's existence is to cover the water pipe that runs thru the living room. So I planned for ceiling lights in the living room too.

If u are depending on just downlights for your living room then my guess is u will need 6W and above ba.

Maybe u can go to any lighting shop to check out the brightness, and the price, to decide what watt to get.

Edited by MonsterBeng

Thanks for the infor. But now I wonder if I order the led light with it come time and my contractor able to install

It usually takes 2-4 days for the products to be delivered to the China collection centre, and another 2 weeks for the completed orders to be shipped to Singapore, and another 2-3 more working days for the delivery to doorstep (assuming you choose economy delivery).