Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamapanda

Help Needed For False Ceiling And Downlights Installation =(

:help: Hi I am completely clueless about renovation and their relevant contacts. After much struggles, I finally found the perfect flat led panel downlights I like, they are great as they are only about 1.5 cm thick. But now I do not know who to approach to do up the false ceiling and all the electrical things. Usually does the electrician do up the false ceiling as well or I need get someone to do up the false ceiling before finding him? And also, I also do not know if I need false ceiling. I know usually one need false ciling for installing downlights? but mine is the new bto where the wiring is all concealed up? The ceiling looks sort of like a false ceiling to me, esp. I realised how low it is?

Or is that a real ceiling and I still need a false ceiling?

If the electrician is not going to do up the false ceiling, can anyone give me a reliable contact for the false ceiling? Has to be really reliable. =(

And also, my main concern, how much does it cost usually to do up the false ceiling for a 3 room bto ( whole house; living area, kitchen, 2 bedrooms and even 2 bathrooms ), then plus the electrician's charges for installing all my 26 flat panel downlights? :dunno: Someone please help me asap. I need do up my ceiling and lights asap. :help:
Thanks. =(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

:help: Hi I am completely clueless about renovation and their relevant contacts. After much struggles, I finally found the perfect flat led panel downlights I like, they are great as they are only about 1.5 cm thick. But now I do not know who to approach to do up the false ceiling and all the electrical things. Usually does the electrician do up the false ceiling as well or I need get someone to do up the false ceiling before finding him? And also, I also do not know if I need false ceiling. I know usually one need false ciling for installing downlights? but mine is the new bto where the wiring is all concealed up? The ceiling looks sort of like a false ceiling to me, esp. I realised how low it is?

Or is that a real ceiling and I still need a false ceiling?

If the electrician is not going to do up the false ceiling, can anyone give me a reliable contact for the false ceiling? Has to be really reliable. =(

And also, my main concern, how much does it cost usually to do up the false ceiling for a 3 room bto ( whole house; living area, kitchen, 2 bedrooms and even 2 bathrooms ), then plus the electrician's charges for installing all my 26 flat panel downlights? :dunno: Someone please help me asap. I need do up my ceiling and lights asap. :help:

Thanks. =(

hi mamapanda,

from my own reno, if you can try to avoid doing a false ceiling or L box lights. See our blog for the detailed explanation here.

As for choosing quality LED ceiling lights, we have experienced the good and the bad. ask for double drivers, at least 1.5 year warranty, choose a thick cover (at least 1.5mm), ask for stainless steel hinges. for a detailed explanation with photos, check our our blog.