Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cookiegal

The Next Big Thing In The West =)

Entrance to Bedroom two, the inbuilt cabinet on the left have to tear down too. No plans for that space now. This will be our study, rest and relax room with gaming and karaoke system.

gallery_55115_85_4116.jpg

Into bedroom 3

gallery_55115_85_11113.jpg

Looking out of bedroom 3 from pic1 view.

gallery_55115_85_9816.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

nice photos!

i don't know why but looking through the photos, the overwhelming feeling that i get is of being in an old 3 star hotel in Desaru or KL hahhaha

particularly the MBR toilet on the right (the standing shower area) plus the overall colour scheme of the place

but having said that, the flooring looks to be in pretty decent condition

are you intending to hack everything or will you be retaining the existing flooring?

Existing Kitchen. Windows facing the door and all the way to the living room windows. we decided to seal existing door and open another door on the left (tear down the existing cabinets)

gallery_55115_85_14120.jpg

On the right to the kitchen from pic 1, the yard walkways to toilet and utility room.

gallery_55115_85_6097.jpg

Existing Utility room, should we hack the walls to make the living room bigger? hmmm

gallery_55115_85_6417.jpg

Along the yard, place where laundries begin

gallery_55115_85_4094.jpg

Small Yard toilet

gallery_55115_85_5262.jpg

nice photos!

i don't know why but looking through the photos, the overwhelming feeling that i get is of being in an old 3 star hotel in Desaru or KL hahhaha

particularly the MBR toilet on the right (the standing shower area) plus the overall colour scheme of the place

but having said that, the flooring looks to be in pretty decent condition

are you intending to hack everything or will you be retaining the existing flooring?

Hi Zihui,

Thanks. The place got woody "gu kuan" feeling... we would prefer more modern and contemporary designs.

Some flooring below are hollows in the living when knocked and bedroom parquets are torn with gaps inbetween, since we are changing, i think we will stick to homogenous tiles throughout the house. Hack and pull them all out.

eh..looks like the few blocks along the road at the stadium side? goodview ? :o

eh..looks like the few blocks along the road at the stadium side? goodview ? :o

No stadium leh.

View is to hillview and some factories lor.... Lolz. Quite windy at times :)

A few more pics on existing conditions...

Existing Common Toilet with Stainless Steel Pipes Expose

gallery_55115_85_18249.jpg

Orientation to be maintained and revamp.

gallery_55115_85_7351.jpg

Bedroom 2 (Spare)

gallery_55115_85_4230.jpg

View - into bedroom 2

gallery_55115_85_12660.jpg

Still in the midst of deciding which ID to work with... I guess more or less we will finalise by end of next week.

However, it was rather unusual during some visits back to the place.

Last week when we were back, the common toilet floor was wet.

Second time of the week when we were back, some of the windows were left open.

This morning, one of the room light was switched on with windows opened.

Suspect that someone entered the house using the old pair of keys. Maybe tenants. In the end we chained the gate up.

Do you change lock or locked up the house after taking over?

How about the mailbox lock too?

Anyone has such encounter?

Edited by cookiegal

Decided to share my encounters and feedbacks on the ID/contractors I have Met.

Here you go.

(1) Unity - Met in Expo Fair, discussions was quite slow. Presentation done was pictures taken and copied from the internet. Meetup about a total of 3 times and gave up. Price is on high side.

(2) Mr K - Popular and wanted man in the forum. Experienced and quick in quoting but his schedule was tight with quote was on high side.

(3) R&R - the quickest I have ever seen, quote can workout within half hour after discussion in their show room. Quote sky high! First to striked out from the list.

(4) Decor W - Met twice. A man full of ego with his work and kept praising his work and color selection will be the best. He guaranteed a attractive pricing (quite low) and we freak out due to that he said to proceed on showing more, he needs a $500 first. We felt awkward and never go back again.

(5) Faith - The strangest encounter. Met once and after meeting was told that his coy has internal issues and couldnt carry out work. Time and efforts wasted to go all the way down to balestier. :curse:

(6) Absolook - Friendly and young team. Sincere and one of our choices

(7) United - Very "ON" guy who rushed down to have a site visit and came down just to give quotation. Sincere and one of our choices.

(8) Innovative H___ - Contractor. Team of father and daughter. Took quit sometime to quote and could only provide half the quote without capentry even after on site meeting.

(9) Rustic - Friendly and straight forward. Friend of BF who did parents' home. Went to her own house (showroom) and have the WHAO Feelings. Sincere and one of our choices.

(10) Sky - Friendly. Sincere and one of our choices.

Edited by cookiegal

Finally we have made the decision and just last weekend we went to the big players of Tiles and got some selection. Also did some toilet accessories shopping along the hardware shops of balestier road. It was fun!

Now waiting for the designers to mock up the 3D graphics and let us had a better feel of it!

This will be used for the common toilet, walls and flooring.

gallery_55115_85_14620.jpg

Common Toilet Sink Without Tap.

gallery_55115_85_14778.jpg