Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Pokz1981

Reno @ Kovan Maisonette

Hi all,

Just bought a resale Maisonette in Kovan, completion date is coming soon on 22nd August and thereafter the reno starts! Has been reading all the blogs posts here and there to get some ideas. Anyway lets start with the floor plan and current existing condition. The pics will say it all.

gallery_54308_84_17305.jpg

Dining & Living Room view from Entrance

gallery_54308_84_18180.jpg

Living room view

gallery_54308_84_14446.jpg

Kitchen View

gallery_54308_84_31856.jpg

Kitchen view 2

gallery_54308_84_28665.jpg

Balcony area which will be covered up

gallery_54308_84_33627.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

More pics to follow below. As of current. Stil finalising on the final layout with our IDs. It is not an easy project considering the fact of its current condition plus both my wife and I have to consult Fengshui. So there are some limitations that our IDs have to comply with. Gotta shift out from my current place in end Sep so hoping that at least the top floor could be ready for me to shift in some furnitures. Otherwise, gotta rent storage space outside to park existing stuffs and that would mean shifting twice.

Master Br

gallery_54308_84_23125.jpg

One of the common room

gallery_54308_84_20894.jpg

Kitchen

gallery_54308_84_35922.jpg

Living Room view looking out

gallery_54308_84_66829.jpg

this is blk 220+ right? must have cost a bomb! but the location is really good so worth the buck.

please try the beef noodle soup across the road. one of the best in SG!

Just realised that my font size was so different from my previous post. Anyway, met up with my ID back in early June to discuss our requirements. Our current house is only 904sqft and with a baby boy coming along last year, the original cozy place becomes filled with baby stuffs with hardly any walker space. The idea of shifting into an EM sounds good except the part for climbing if i left out something in the bedroom.

Requirements:

1) Balcony/Yard area to be covered up (I thought of installing the blinds but too bad lizards will find its way around that at night). My wife will freak out while i will hide :notti:

2) All floorings will be hacked, lower and upper. However, haven received quotes from contractors so this is subjected to change. Might just hack lower floor and refurnished the parquet on the top

3) Window grilles and door to be changed

4) Storage space - one of the main concern of EM is the lack of storage so wanted storage space to hide those bulky things

5) Wanted the idea of having a walkin wardrobe.

6) Aircon - at first i thought of having a system 5. But after discussion. It seems it might be possible to get 2 system 3. The very purpose is just to on it if ever needed to entertain guests. Other than that, will be installing ceiling fans

7) Needed the baby to be nearby so there must be space in the master room or other ideas proposed

8) Watching TV in room especially during BPL season where i can hog the TV or provide alternative to family members while i am watching

9) Last but not least, which is the most important. Abide to Fengshui advice

With all the above except number 9, IDs gave us a simple layout as below. However, nothing can be confirmed without seeking Fengshui. Also, we would need to know the final quote to make adjustments here and there since budget is always a concern.

gallery_54308_84_14423.jpg

this is blk 220+ right? must have cost a bomb! but the location is really good so worth the buck.

please try the beef noodle soup across the road. one of the best in SG!

yeah texas5. I stayed around the area so love the vicinity and its convenience. Unfortunately i dun eat beef :no:

gallery_54308_84_100253.jpg

The initial draft by the ID as above.

- Study room was made smaller to accomodate a store (g)

- Further storage are created in (e) which would also house the washer. Everything will be flushed and concealed with area (d) as the long kitchen

- Master room will be shifted to the other side of the room with a built-in wardrobe. The common toilet upstairs will be converted to Master toilet while hacking some walls down to allow the master room to be accessible to both rooms

- (e) will be the room where my baby sleeps with direct access from the newly converted Master room (j). This will allow us easy access to baby during its initial years and once he grow up.... :yeah::yeah::yeah: i shall see him in (p) and convert it into relax area over here. :lol:

The Fengshui report

gallery_54308_84_55065.jpg

After all the ideas and discussion with the IDs on the proposed design. Disaster struck when we received the Fengshui report. 2 of the main concerns were the colour that needs to be used on the upper floor (pink, purple or peach) and the stove area has to sit at the desinated position above so that there are no "water area" directly above meaning WC or basin.

The colour wise i can put aside first and solve it later. But to position the stove at the mentioned place would mean my initial storage area will be gone. I was pretty disappointed when I first received the plan. Informed my IDs and shall await revised plans.

Second to the above, water feature is advised to be put in the house. That is something new and will have to be incorporated in the future design.

Last but not least, no electrical items to be nearby the centre of the house.

wow..your initial concept is nice, ventilation will be super and your main concern is able to watch your baby every move....haha been through this before. Best of luck to you, hope your ID can come up with win win design. Cheers

HI! Welcome to the masionette club!

I see so many similarities between the current condition of your place and mine! hahahahahhah did they use the same contractor back then?

i'm really excited about following your progress especially since your reno process will start before mine (my first appt with HDB is tomorrow and expect to complete the process in Sept)

Mind if I ask what your estimated budget for reno (excluding furnishing) is?

• Like 1

wow..your initial concept is nice, ventilation will be super and your main concern is able to watch your baby every move....haha been through this before. Best of luck to you, hope your ID can come up with win win design. Cheers

Thx Mark, I got the revised design shall post it tonight..

HI! Welcome to the masionette club!

I see so many similarities between the current condition of your place and mine! hahahahahhah did they use the same contractor back then?

i'm really excited about following your progress especially since your reno process will start before mine (my first appt with HDB is tomorrow and expect to complete the process in Sept)

Mind if I ask what your estimated budget for reno (excluding furnishing) is?

Thx Zihui, the current condition is like.... Wow! Haha... But since gonna do a major Reno so I just get the place first. Since location is my top concern. Budget for Reno... I set it at 90k as of current. But it really comes down to the quotes and I might make further adjustments to it. Furnishing wise, I would be bringing sofa, fridge, washer, sound system, coffee table and mattress. Will be spending on hob and hood, oven and microwave, Aircons and sanitary appliance plus changing grilles and door. Wow if you never ask me the question I might not have list down so much. Maybe gotta tone down... Haiz

Hi Pokz, nice to have u start your own tblog. It looks like a it is going to be a total makeover of the place. You have got quite a comfortable budget to work on and with careful planning and prudent spending, I am sure your place can be transformed to something close to your dream. The main ticket will come from your flooring, kitchen and electical.

All the best to your renovation.

Hi Pokz, nice to have u start your own tblog. It looks like a it is going to be a total makeover of the place. You have got quite a comfortable budget to work on and with careful planning and prudent spending, I am sure your place can be transformed to something close to your dream. The main ticket will come from your flooring, kitchen and electical.

All the best to your renovation.

I agree with potatoes

With your budget, you can definitely do a complete makeover of your place!

so envious hahahahahah