Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue218

The Move To North Eastern Town

You can either use fingerprint scan or 6-12 digits passcode.

How much did you pay for the digital lock? Can kindly pm me e price and where u got it... thanks...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

How much did you pay for the digital lock? Can kindly pm me e price and where u got it... thanks...

I paid $1199 for the lock. However a day after I have installed the lock, I found out that prices for Yale digital locks have fallen by $100 across the board. I called back and asked why they didn't inform us earlier. They gave a lot of excuses and finally relented. They wrote me a cash cheque of $100.

I have been very busy this week and hardly have any time to do site visit. I'd manage to drop by today. The carpentry works is in progress and my ID said that it should complete by the end of the week.

I examined the carpentry works and find the quality to be very good. The materials are solid wood. I have also noticed that the interior of the cabinets are wood texture laminates even though my ID has quoted white PVC for the interior surfaces. He told me that we are a very easy going clients, he appreciates that and will do whatever freebies that he can within his means.

Here are some photos.

Living Room Feature Wall

1.hall.jpg

Kitchen

1.kitchen.jpg

Son's Room

1.son_room.jpg

Daughter's Room

1.gal_room.jpg

The interior of the cabinet

1.inner.jpg

Can't wait too see your completed house! I wanted to have a modern, spacious n more storage place like yours too!

By the way, care to share how much is your haiku fan fan & where did u get it from? Also, how many downlight u have use gor the whole house?

Edited by diginewb

Hi blue218... We (me and my husband) just bought one unit in regentville too. And we are totally clueless about. How to find the right contractor. Could you give us an information of your renovation total cost and name of your ID/contractor?Thanks in advance.

Ps:if you agree please reply this comment first then i'll give my email address. Thx.

Hi blue218... We (me and my husband) just bought one unit in regentville too. And we are totally clueless about. How to find the right contractor. Could you give us an information of your renovation total cost and name of your ID/contractor?Thanks in advance.

Ps:if you agree please reply this comment first then i'll give my email address. Thx.

Hi Regent, I have PMed you the detail. :)

Can't wait too see your completed house! I wanted to have a modern, spacious n more storage place like yours too!

By the way, care to share how much is your haiku fan fan & where did u get it from? Also, how many downlight u have use gor the whole house?

I was very busy recently selling my old furnitures and getting new ones. :) Will be posting some photos are this.

My husband's friend gave him the haiku fan. His friend's company manufacture the Haiku fans for Big *** Fan, or I should say that they sold the patent to them and now become their manufacturer. That's the reason why Haiku fan's price shot up from $700 to $12xx.

As for down lights, we used a total of 29 down lights for the entire house and 13 T5 tubes. We sourced our LED down lights from tmall.com and bought the T5 LED tubes locally. Since our down light is so cheap, we bought 40 pieces for spares. :D

Have you started your reno?

It's been a while since my last update. The house is almost completed with some minor touch up works to go. I will do a complete shots in the next few days. In the meantime, here are some shots for the hall, kitchen and dining area.

Living Room

4.hall.jpg

Dining with the support for the black tinted mirror still not removed

4.dining.jpg

Kitchen with the fridge still wrapped

4.kitchen.jpg

How is the Yale digi lock serving u so far? Good? Am thinking to have one but cant make up my mind to haf samsung or Yale..

The Yale YDM4109 that we have installed is fantastic. While the reno is still on-going, we setup a simple passcode for my ID and his sub-contractors while we had our fingerprints registered. This morning, the grille contractor, which we got it outside of the ID, came to install the grille while no one is around. We simply gave him the passcode to enter the house. :)

It's very convenient. I remember when we haven't got the Yale lock installed, and we wanted to check out the reno progress. Then we realized that we forgot about the key. Now, we'd just drop by anytime. :D

I booked the Samsung SHS5230 digital lock originally but decided last minute to switch to Yale because of the following reasons:

1. Yale is a well-known lock maker. Gateman is reputable in digital locks. Yale-Gateman definitely make the best lock.

2. The YDM4109 is slim and beautiful. It has passcode, fingerprint and manual key for entry. The fingerprint detection is an easy-swipe type so lesser risk for "fake" fingerprint hack.

3. Samsung SHS5230 is afterall from an electronic company. It has passcode and fingerprint only, no manual key. Fingerprint detection is surface scan and higher risk for "fake" finger hack.

If you want to know what is "fake" finger hack, easiest way is to search for iPhone 5S "fake" finger hack. :D

hey! nicely done!

can you share how much does 40 downlights cost you in total? thinking of shipping them from Tmall as well.. want to have a feel of the prices..

ID informed that the carpentry will be delivered one day earlier on 10th Sep. He's fast!

A few updates today.

1. Haiku fan is finally installed. It's very nice. When I turned on the fan, it's breezy. When I increased the speed to the max 7, it's very breezy and very quiet. It's different from the normal ceiling fan where the wind is blowing and the the feel of helicopter above you. Now I know why it cost so much. :D

2. The main door is delivered and changed today. The workmanship is so-so, not very satisfactory but for the price that I am paying, I have no much complain.

3. My Yale YDM4109 Digital Lock is installed today after the door changed. It make our life very convenient now. No more worries about forgetting about keys. No need to bring the keys for joying or exercising.

4. Cove light partially installed.

Here are some photos.

Our favourite Haiku fan

8.HaikuFan.jpg

The Living Room with partially completed cove lights.

8.Hall.jpg

Room with vanished floor - The KDK fan looks so bad to that Haiku fan in the living room :'(

8.VanishedFloor.jpg

Installing the door - view of my new main door

8.Door%20Installation.jpg

New door completed with Yale YDM4109 digital lock

8.Digital%20Lock.jpg

Hi

Your house look so bright and spacious now! Can you share how much is your Yale digital lock and where did you purchase it? How many thumb scan can it store?Thanks

hey! nicely done!

can you share how much does 40 downlights cost you in total? thinking of shipping them from Tmall as well.. want to have a feel of the prices..

I paid about SGD950 for the 40 down lights with 7 days express shipping. That comes to about $24 per down light.