Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
blue218

The Move To North Eastern Town

Hi

Your house look so bright and spacious now! Can you share how much is your Yale digital lock and where did you purchase it? How many thumb scan can it store?Thanks

Thanks.

The listed price for YDM4109 is $1199. I insisted got $100 refunded after I found out that they dropped the price by $100 a day after I have installed it. It can store a maximum of 20 fingerprints. I've got it from the advertiser found on renotalk main page. The installation workmanship is good, but don't get any fire-rated door from them. Poor workmanship on door.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks.

The listed price for YDM4109 is $1199. I insisted got $100 refunded after I found out that they dropped the price by $100 a day after I have installed it. It can store a maximum of 20 fingerprints. I've got it from the advertiser found on renotalk main page. The installation workmanship is good, but don't get any fire-rated door from them. Poor workmanship on door.

Hello blue, this means your door is purchase frm separate supplier?

Your description of the wonder of Yale some how won me over...and I like the fact that they haf manual key function, suitable for my old folk who is bad at IT savvy staff...

Is it interlxxx?

The Yale YDM4109 that we have installed is fantastic. While the reno is still on-going, we setup a simple passcode for my ID and his sub-contractors while we had our fingerprints registered. This morning, the grille contractor, which we got it outside of the ID, came to install the grille while no one is around. We simply gave him the passcode to enter the house. :)

It's very convenient. I remember when we haven't got the Yale lock installed, and we wanted to check out the reno progress. Then we realized that we forgot about the key. Now, we'd just drop by anytime. :D

I booked the Samsung SHS5230 digital lock originally but decided last minute to switch to Yale because of the following reasons:

1. Yale is a well-known lock maker. Gateman is reputable in digital locks. Yale-Gateman definitely make the best lock.

2. The YDM4109 is slim and beautiful. It has passcode, fingerprint and manual key for entry. The fingerprint detection is an easy-swipe type so lesser risk for "fake" fingerprint hack.

3. Samsung SHS5230 is afterall from an electronic company. It has passcode and fingerprint only, no manual key. Fingerprint detection is surface scan and higher risk for "fake" finger hack.

If you want to know what is "fake" finger hack, easiest way is to search for iPhone 5S "fake" finger hack. :D

Hi,

I do agree with you that the Yale digital lock is fantastic... Almost 100% success rate... Even my MIL, FIL and my mum could use it after a few tries after the first round... As for Samsung, I was attracted by the price initially but my wifey insisted to get the Yale lock after she read xia xue blog... 😀

Hello blue, this means your door is purchase frm separate supplier?

Your description of the wonder of Yale some how won me over...and I like the fact that they haf manual key function, suitable for my old folk who is bad at IT savvy staff...

Is it interlxxx?

I got it from MyDigitalLock, they have a promo for fire-rated door for less than $1200. Interlock do not carry Yale.

For non-IT savvy type, you can set a passcode and all they need is to key in the passcode. :)

Hi,

I do agree with you that the Yale digital lock is fantastic... Almost 100% success rate... Even my MIL, FIL and my mum could use it after a few tries after the first round... As for Samsung, I was attracted by the price initially but my wifey insisted to get the Yale lock after she read xia xue blog...

That's right. I was worried initially about the accuracy and success rate for the fingerprint scan, but my worries were unfound. It's 100% success rate even for my 6-year old boy. My gal doesn't have such luck because she's got sweaty palm. :D

I got it from MyDigitalLock, they have a promo for fire-rated door for less than $1200. Interlock do not carry Yale.

For non-IT savvy type, you can set a passcode and all they need is to key in the passcode. :)

Peiseh, u were saying their door workmanship is not good, rite? I m thinking do u haf contact for doors? Separately purchase the door from other supplier...hee...

Peiseh, u were saying their door workmanship is not good, rite? I m thinking do u haf contact for doors? Separately purchase the door from other supplier...hee...

I have PMed you the contact.

Hi, would like to check are we able to see the live and earth wire of the LED Light, as my electrician is not sure abt the installation. Please advise. Thank you

Today, Peeka delivered the first batch of my 12W LED down lights purchased from taobao. My husband connected to the main and tested it. The quality of the build is fantastic. It's very slim, about 2cm thick. With this thickness, you can reduce the height of your false ceiling to 4 inches.

led1.jpg

led2.jpg

Hi, would like to check are we able to see the live and earth wire of the LED Light, as my electrician is not sure abt the installation. Please advise. Thank you

According to my husband, it is a very straight forward installation. The LED has only 2 wires - live and neutral. Isn't that simple enough? :D

ID informed that the carpentry will be delivered one day earlier on 10th Sep. He's fast!

A few updates today.

1. Haiku fan is finally installed. It's very nice. When I turned on the fan, it's breezy. When I increased the speed to the max 7, it's very breezy and very quiet. It's different from the normal ceiling fan where the wind is blowing and the the feel of helicopter above you. Now I know why it cost so much. :D

2. The main door is delivered and changed today. The workmanship is so-so, not very satisfactory but for the price that I am paying, I have no much complain.

3. My Yale YDM4109 Digital Lock is installed today after the door changed. It make our life very convenient now. No more worries about forgetting about keys. No need to bring the keys for joying or exercising.

4. Cove light partially installed.

Here are some photos.

Our favourite Haiku fan

8.HaikuFan.jpg

The Living Room with partially completed cove lights.

8.Hall.jpg

Room with vanished floor - The KDK fan looks so bad to that Haiku fan in the living room :'(

8.VanishedFloor.jpg

Installing the door - view of my new main door

8.Door%20Installation.jpg

New door completed with Yale YDM4109 digital lock

8.Digital%20Lock.jpg

e, i wanna ask you about your living area floor. what kind of tiles are you using? marble or ceramic? thanks.

Hi Blu

ID informed that the carpentry will be delivered one day earlier on 10th Sep. He's fast!

e, i wanna ask you about your living area floor. what kind of tiles are you using? marble or ceramic? thanks.

Hi Blu

We use 600x600 homogeneous tiles. It look like marbles because we applied marble gum.