Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
JDA

Anyone Engaged Curtainz (Ctz) For Renovation?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

We engaged CTZ to do our home last year. I live at The Peak @ Toa Payoh =) We got to know about CTZ due to a BP that was organised in our estate.

I found the designer who attended to us, Celia, very reliable. She gave us some good suggestions, helped me find materials and a look that would suit the theme of my flat. She was attentive and her pre sales, post renovation services were really good. The price point was attractive and we liked that electrical wiring was included into our package for the BP.

Celia did up a few mock ups for us to choose from. She also helped us co-ordinate with our flooring laminate company and our invisible grill company. That helped a lot because of our busy schedule. She also helped me with the choice of paint colours for my home, keeping in mind how I wanted a bright, cheery and cosy look to the place. =)

Many of our neighbours who chose to use bigger name companies found that the firms had taken on too many units (all across the island) and could not cope. But CTZ was very reliable and dedicated throughout the process. They might be new but the company seems to be founded on very sound business principles and integrity. My other neighbours and I who chose to go with them were very pleased with the end product. I have been to quite a few of the other apartments who employed CTZ. Really top notch job. From experience I am confident that they are not some fly by night cannot make it kind of outfit.

The workmanship of the unit was really as we expected- very good. Celia incorporated Peranakan tiles into my home design as per my request and she was always on hand to make sure that at each step of the way, the carpenters were doing a good job. Very hands on and responsible. And whenever we wanted tweaking, the guys were always very good about it- great attitude from the management to the execution.

We also got our curtains from Curtainz and Angie and Celia worked together to create a harmonious look for our home. Angie was mindful that I had instructed Celia that I wanted a Peranakan look. She immediately contacted me when some really beautiful lace came in and suggested how I could incorporate the lace with a satin material for a cosy, retro and Peranakan feel.

For our kids' room, Celia came out with a modern design that made use of the bay windows and maximised whatever space there is. She did a great job. Our son loved it so much and was also mindful that he loves green and wanted a room with a green and white colour scheme.

A year into living here our furnishing are still working well and looking great. No laminate peeling etc.

So far we have had nothing but compliments from our friends and relatives who have come to our home and I highly recommend their services =) I really have nothing to complain because we really got a good deal at a great value for our home. No headaches, no arguments at all. Just peace of mind from start to end.

If you want, I could post up pics of our home. =D Glad to share them since I really like the outcome of the job done.

Edited by Hunnibunni

We engaged CTZ to do our home reno in Oct last year, our home estate is located in the Central region of Singapore.

The designers in CTZ have been very helpful and the services are value for money. The designer that was in charge of my reno was very patient, professional and friendly, she listens well and is very detailed in wanting to understand my needs as I am rather fussy and particular.

My designer came up with a great design in just one try and I was very satisfied with her efforts! I was so afraid of having to go through many rounds of design and the designer still do not understand my needs, so luckily my designer understood what I wanted!

In the process of renovation, there were little details that appeared not to our liking and my designer was very adaptable to have some changed, some with additional of small fee but very reasonable price. I left the whole renovation in the good hands of my designer who constantly keeps me and my husband update via our Whatsapp group and whenever we have questions or queries anytime or anyday, my designer will answer them promptly, which is a major plus point for me as both my husband and I are very busy people.

After we have moved into our new home in Jan this year, there were some minor issues that requires minor touch up and stuff, and I still contact my designer who did it up for me promptly without additional cost and without having to wait too long, unlike some contractors who often do not have aftersales service.

Overall, me and my husband were very happy with the designer's work and professionalism, we will rate them 11 out of 10 !! We also liked their casual and friendly attitude and their super efficient and prompt follow up is a major plus point not mentioning the reasonable cost for the type of work done!

I highly recommend CTZ designers!

Curtainz Spore Vivien Lee posted to Curtainz Spore

11 hours ago near Singapore.

Choosing CTZ as our preferred interior design company is definitely a no regrets decision. Our ID, Clarion Kang had made the transition period of shifting house an extremely pleasant e
xperience. I would like to extend my deepest appreciation to my ID, Clarion Kang who had spent much time and efforts to make my abode a heavenly place to stay in. Clarion is indeed a very professional, diligent, creative, helpful, patient & accomodative ID.
Due to my busy schedule, Clarion had been diligently keeping me updated on the progress of my renovation almost everyday via watsapp. He would not fail to give me a ring or at least a text every single day to keep my mind at ease by giving me updates of the progression of my house. I also gave Clarion a very tight schedule of approximately 2 wks to complete renovating my place as I was in a rush to move in. Not like some other IDs, Clarion really kept to his promise to ensure my move in within the 2 wks period though there were some touch up to be done. There were a few nights whereby Clarion stayed up at my place alone up to the wee hours to trigger his inspiration & to clean up the place for me.
He also burnt his weekends and accompany me to lighting and furniture shops to source for lights and furniture for my new home. Apart from that, he even extend his assistance to connect my tv and hifi system for me. His passion for his job and professionalism had really impressed us and kudos Clarion for the great job done!!!
We would also like to comment on Angela who took the efforts to carry tons of curtains sample to my sis place on a Sunday eveningand patiently select and recommend the appropriate curtain design for my place.
We are overall a very very satisfied CTZ customer and this definitely would not be made possible without the great staff/boss like Clarion & Angela. Thank you CTZ!!!:)

Its kinda interesting to note that all 3 comments have really similiar styles and 2 of them are posted really close to each other. On top of them, they are all posted by users whom only posted 1 post which is to compliment how good CTZ is. It feels weird imo.

Its kinda interesting to note that all 3 comments have really similiar styles and 2 of them are posted really close to each other. On top of them, they are all posted by users whom only posted 1 post which is to compliment how good CTZ is. It feels weird imo.

Its very obvious that they are crafted by the same author... I had friends who were "tricked" by them into securing hundreds of dollars worth of deposit just to secure discounted price for renovation in a road show.. They later did their thorough homework and realised the discounts were not discounts after all.

The initial prices were very marked up. Even after "discounts", the prices quoted were still on the high end side.. In the end, she wanted to exchange for other goods and services like curtains.. But the company refused, so in the end my friend went for compensation via Small Claims Tribunal where she got her money back. To begin with, there wasn't any formal contract signed, only a receipt that $800 has been received as deposit...

Anyone can judge it for yourself.

The three styles of writing are very similar and the first two testimonials even began writing with the same exact words....

We engaged CTZ to do our home last year. I live at The Peak @ Toa Payoh =) We got to know about CTZ due to a BP that was organised in our estate.

I found the designer who attended to us, Celia, very reliable. She gave us some good suggestions, helped me find materials and a look that would suit the theme of my flat. She was attentive and her pre sales, post renovation services were really good. The price point was attractive and we liked that electrical wiring was included into our package for the BP.

Celia did up a few mock ups for us to choose from. She also helped us co-ordinate with our flooring laminate company and our invisible grill company. That helped a lot because of our busy schedule. She also helped me with the choice of paint colours for my home, keeping in mind how I wanted a bright, cheery and cosy look to the place. =)

Many of our neighbours who chose to use bigger name companies found that the firms had taken on too many units (all across the island) and could not cope. But CTZ was very reliable and dedicated throughout the process. They might be new but the company seems to be founded on very sound business principles and integrity. My other neighbours and I who chose to go with them were very pleased with the end product. I have been to quite a few of the other apartments who employed CTZ. Really top notch job. From experience I am confident that they are not some fly by night cannot make it kind of outfit.

The workmanship of the unit was really as we expected- very good. Celia incorporated Peranakan tiles into my home design as per my request and she was always on hand to make sure that at each step of the way, the carpenters were doing a good job. Very hands on and responsible. And whenever we wanted tweaking, the guys were always very good about it- great attitude from the management to the execution.

We also got our curtains from Curtainz and Angie and Celia worked together to create a harmonious look for our home. Angie was mindful that I had instructed Celia that I wanted a Peranakan look. She immediately contacted me when some really beautiful lace came in and suggested how I could incorporate the lace with a satin material for a cosy, retro and Peranakan feel.

For our kids' room, Celia came out with a modern design that made use of the bay windows and maximised whatever space there is. She did a great job. Our son loved it so much and was also mindful that he loves green and wanted a room with a green and white colour scheme.

A year into living here our furnishing are still working well and looking great. No laminate peeling etc.

So far we have had nothing but compliments from our friends and relatives who have come to our home and I highly recommend their services =) I really have nothing to complain because we really got a good deal at a great value for our home. No headaches, no arguments at all. Just peace of mind from start to end.

If you want, I could post up pics of our home. =D Glad to share them since I really like the outcome of the job done.

We engaged CTZ to do our home reno in Oct last year, our home estate is located in the Central region of Singapore.

The designers in CTZ have been very helpful and the services are value for money. The designer that was in charge of my reno was very patient, professional and friendly, she listens well and is very detailed in wanting to understand my needs as I am rather fussy and particular.

My designer came up with a great design in just one try and I was very satisfied with her efforts! I was so afraid of having to go through many rounds of design and the designer still do not understand my needs, so luckily my designer understood what I wanted!

In the process of renovation, there were little details that appeared not to our liking and my designer was very adaptable to have some changed, some with additional of small fee but very reasonable price. I left the whole renovation in the good hands of my designer who constantly keeps me and my husband update via our Whatsapp group and whenever we have questions or queries anytime or anyday, my designer will answer them promptly, which is a major plus point for me as both my husband and I are very busy people.

After we have moved into our new home in Jan this year, there were some minor issues that requires minor touch up and stuff, and I still contact my designer who did it up for me promptly without additional cost and without having to wait too long, unlike some contractors who often do not have aftersales service.

Overall, me and my husband were very happy with the designer's work and professionalism, we will rate them 11 out of 10 !! We also liked their casual and friendly attitude and their super efficient and prompt follow up is a major plus point not mentioning the reasonable cost for the type of work done!

I highly recommend CTZ designers!

Curtainz Spore Vivien Lee posted to Curtainz Spore

11 hours ago near Singapore.

Choosing CTZ as our preferred interior design company is definitely a no regrets decision. Our ID, Clarion Kang had made the transition period of shifting house an extremely pleasant experience. I would like to extend my deepest appreciation to my ID, Clarion Kang who had spent much time and efforts to make my abode a heavenly place to stay in. Clarion is indeed a very professional, diligent, creative, helpful, patient & accomodative ID.
Due to my busy schedule, Clarion had been diligently keeping me updated on the progress of my renovation almost everyday via watsapp. He would not fail to give me a ring or at least a text every single day to keep my mind at ease by giving me updates of the progression of my house. I also gave Clarion a very tight schedule of approximately 2 wks to complete renovating my place as I was in a rush to move in. Not like some other IDs, Clarion really kept to his promise to ensure my move in within the 2 wks period though there were some touch up to be done. There were a few nights whereby Clarion stayed up at my place alone up to the wee hours to trigger his inspiration & to clean up the place for me.
He also burnt his weekends and accompany me to lighting and furniture shops to source for lights and furniture for my new home. Apart from that, he even extend his assistance to connect my tv and hifi system for me. His passion for his job and professionalism had really impressed us and kudos Clarion for the great job done!!!
We would also like to comment on Angela who took the efforts to carry tons of curtains sample to my sis place on a Sunday eveningand patiently select and recommend the appropriate curtain design for my place.
We are overall a very very satisfied CTZ customer and this definitely would not be made possible without the great staff/boss like Clarion & Angela. Thank you CTZ!!!:)
Edited by hennylee

Curtainz/CTZ Design just joined as member yesterday after being alerted by our legal adviser to reply the above comments. Our 3 separate clients have agreed to communicate if ElectronZ or HennyLee wishes to verify the authentity.

Kindly contact : Hunnibunni via Skype, send PM messages to Retrochichi at her facebook Elaine Wong and also thru PM messages to Vivien Lee.

We would like to emphasize that being a boutique sized growing company, very often CTZ IDs seek client's testimonials for the best interest of the company as well as the ID's track records.

CTZ Design intends to take legal action against HennyLee for defamation. His contact will be tracked down via Renotalk admin who are managing this portal professionally. His story about CTZ collecting $800 deposit from his friend and they getting them back through small claims tribunal is totally unfounded. In all our presentations, it is projected on slides and explained that all packages launched by vendors are not refundable should owners decided to abort deal. CTZ Design did not receive more than $300 from each signed ups and clients who signed up on the spot were given complimentary gift/cash voucher worth $100 to $125. Anyone who has attended the presentations can testify that. We have the list of contacts of all attendees in all our past presentations as they are all through private invites. There is no issue on getting anyone of them to testify this fact. Till todate, CTZ Design do not have any case from Small Claims tribunal. This can be checked through the appropriate authorities.

More importantly, no vendors during presentations hard sell as that is not the culture for the companies which came together to host the no obligation high tea get together to home owners at no cost to them. These are joint marketing and branding efforts, a sharing session for all invitees only. CTZ Design will not take defamations and accusations lightly. The company owners are hands on, knowledgeable ex-corporate chiefs who know the rules of the turf.

Clients who are reading this, it is advisable to be realistic to know that there will always be a lower priced package out there whether it is genuinely lower when comparing apple to apple or just a marketing strategy to capture client's interest. There will be hungry souls who may choose to undercut others just for deals. However price do not represent best quality, best workmanship. The more critical factor is the designer who is handling the client's job. Clients have to be totally comfortable with the ID he chooses for the relationship gets very intense in the 2-3 months before job completes. There is no point paying a lot less or a lot more if the ID is someone whom the client finds difficulty to have open discussions. The most difficult part to manage a renov job is never the job itself but people relationships. All fabrications can be constructed, amended and touched up but the cracks in the relationship between the client and the ID is most difficult to mend. Our take to all potential clients is to choose the ID you are comfortable to work with. Within 2 meetings, you would have known if the ID is someone you can park your deal with. If the personalities do not match, even the best ID or lowest cost ID, you will find him not good enough for you.

We welcome feedbacks which we will help us to better our services. However, unfounded tales will not be taken lightly by CTZ Design. Our legal advisors do screen the forums and will act upon company's advise.