Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
plainsharon

So Far So Good At Foliage [4-Room]

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I wonder if we can request for white sand... So that the cement screed effect is light grey in color... :/

Lighter sand for cement screed usually no but not say cant but other people did not request to do for it. The worker mentioned that Singapore HDB seldom wants it to be too light or too dark as people usually would want to put flooring after cement screeding. Also these kind of cement screed in the long run will crack just like our school's flooring. :no:

Cement Screed pouring in progress~

Day 7

HDB cement Screed contractors are quite professional. Have been aliasing with Mr. Tay for HDB cement Screed and they have 10 over years experience in this and use proper levelling tool and laser to measure the smoothness and levelness of the flooring, totally did not expect that or maybe cause there was someone there to watch them work thus they have to perform better performance? :notti:

Cement Screed was suppose to be schedule end of October however, luckily for us it took 2 weeks+. Still :bow: praying it will not rain these few days so that the cement could dry up properly.

Laying HERF mid of November, thus there will be lots of time for the cement to dry up. :D

1385041_10152325426844546_2028796551_n.j

1391616_10152325426854546_1003166845_n.j

960034_10152325426859546_1739314998_n.jp

944641_10152325426864546_1402649000_n.jp

1000603_10152325494849546_296039248_n.jp

[2 Bedroom] *view from Common Bathroom

1380100_10152325514674546_21125616_n.jpg

Edited by plainsharon

Lighter sand for cement screed usually no but not say cant but other people did not request to do for it. The worker mentioned that Singapore HDB seldom wants it to be too light or too dark as people usually would want to put flooring after cement screeding. Also these kind of cement screed in the long run will crack just like our school's flooring. :no:

As I'm likely to be doing cement screed flooring anyway, if the hdb guys can do it for me FOC and in the color i like, then might as well.. :)

I know that there will be cracks here and there... But I tink I can live wif that as I like the rustic industrial look... The school flooring cracked real badly probably becoz the big bunch of students r running ard, and the canteen uncle is pushing his trolley ard also...

But I doubt the hdb contractors will entertain my request to do it in the light grey tone... Hmmm nvm, maybe juz engage Reno contractor to do it for me... :)

As I'm likely to be doing cement screed flooring anyway, if the hdb guys can do it for me FOC and in the color i like, then might as well.. :)

I know that there will be cracks here and there... But I tink I can live wif that as I like the rustic industrial look... The school flooring cracked real badly probably becoz the big bunch of students r running ard, and the canteen uncle is pushing his trolley ard also...

But I doubt the hdb contractors will entertain my request to do it in the light grey tone... Hmmm nvm, maybe juz engage Reno contractor to do it for me... :)

Mr Plainsharon told me that :

there is red, white and black sands in the market

So firstly they laid water and cement powder, followed by mixing sand and cement powder and lay the well mix sand and cement powder with proper levelling finally lay the

well mix cement and water.

At this stage the sand will be covered with the cement and water thus it does not matter what colour is the sand, more imptly the colour of the cement powder.

so for lighter grey need special mix cement powder and water and some other mixture to make it lighter. :)

Ah I see.... Not sure if I can buy the special cement powder for them.... Hehe...

Thanx plainsharon!

No problem :)

Will you also be layering it with epoxy coating?

Hi Tessina,

No, wont be layering with epoxy as we are laying HERF on top of the cement screed. :)

Day 10

Good things comes after one another.

Just won myself a set of Tupperware from TupperPapa.Singapore

They have on-going giveaways, do try your luck~ :D

Something to add on to my kitchen's accessories~ :jammin:

1240099_161033560762862_2083524761_n.jpg

Will be starting my Electricity Wiring in 2 more days time. PE approval for Service Yard wall will be also be approved in a couple days too! :good:

Edited by plainsharon

No problem :)

Hi Tessina,

No, wont be layering with epoxy as we are laying HERF on top of the cement screed. :)

Hi plainsharon, did you get HERF on your own or through your contractor? Am also interested in HERF. Does your come with skirting?

DO you mind pm-ing me the quote of the HERF? Thanks so much!

Hi plainsharon, did you get HERF on your own or through your contractor? Am also interested in HERF. Does your come with skirting?

DO you mind pm-ing me the quote of the HERF? Thanks so much!

I got HERF directly from Evorich. but would not recommend them, heard some mix feedbacks about them and about Vinyll flooring. Same for the rest of their products.

Anyway, mine does not comes with skirting, i do not want the skirting. As mentioned, my quote frm HERF was $6 psf. :)

i am Mr

Model : MXY-3A28VA (this is compressor is for system 3 but i use it for 2) / MSY-GE10VA / MSY-GE13VA

FCU Capacity : Up to 10,000 Btu/hr / 13,000Btu/hr respectively

Rated Share Capacity : 8,530 Btu/hr + 11,952 Btu/hr

Model : MXY-3A28VA (this is compressor is for system 3 but i use it for 2)/ MSY-GE10VA(unit) / MSY-GE24VA (unit)

FCU Capacity : Up to 10,000 Btu/hr / 22,000Btu/hr respectively

Rated Capacity : 7,506 Btu/hr + 17,060 Btu/hr

Very simple i want it when i on all my aircon together all my room and living room will be cool and cold. As is if you try using system 4 and on it together. its take long time to be cool. All the Btu you saw on top is calculate of space need to be cool. And i have open concept kitchen, liviing room.

Hi, mind sharing the quotation for this configuration? was thinking to go with System 3 for all bedrooms ? system 2 x @ with Living room aircon as well. if the difference is very minimum, will opt for system 2 x 2 instead. Btw, does the aircon ledge out able to house 2 compressor unit? hows does the piping runs??? very eager to see yours!!! hehe

email: ziroium@yahoo.com.sg if posting is not covenient.

I got HERF directly from Evorich. but would not recommend them, heard some mix feedbacks about them and about Vinyll flooring. Same for the rest of their products.

Anyway, mine does not comes with skirting, i do not want the skirting. As mentioned, my quote frm HERF was $6 psf. :)

Thanks!