Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
plainsharon

So Far So Good At Foliage [4-Room]

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i love grafunkt too, but it's really too expensive..ay the sofa from star living was also 990 more than a year ago :P

don't worry, if Mr K says he will do it, he will.. :) once carpentry is up ready other things could be done very quickly..

Oh my! :wacko: The person from star living told me a year or 2 ago it was $1,400. :D I remembered you bought it from them. :lol:

The tiler told me after tiling every thing will goes in quickly :wacko: but now heard that it will be quickly up after carpentry. :o

Either way the carpentry just got confirmed yesterday :rolleyes: and will be up about 2-3 weeks later. Not sure after that 1-2 weeks will be sufficient for the rest of the things. :bow:

Hi PlainSharon,

Any final photoshot picture? Love those brick walls! :D

Hi MinChooLee,

Thanks for dropping by but my renovation have yet to complete, will update when the carpentry is up. :lol:

Day 62

Carpentry was just confirmed yesterday after measuring 2 weeks+ ago. Sorry for not updating as there have nothing been done since last week.

Been shopping arond for fixtures. Not sure what else to buy and we gone

3rd round of Taobao

Curtain Track :

T2Nim1XfhXXXXXXXXX_!!489704838.jpg

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.0.0.3D2bc4&id=12732688599

Rice Container :

T167qjFXpbXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_310x

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.0.0.3D2bc4&id=19674078002

Mugs :

T1YVR0FbXcXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_310x

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.0.0.3D2bc4&id=26654108839

Kitchen Fixtures :

T1e7BmFhRgXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_310x

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.0.0.3D2bc4&id=17718082224

Other Misc. :

T1rGX1XCNgXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_310x
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.0.0.3D2bc4&id=23759240616

T2sgDGXn0aXXXXXXXX_!!926237923.gif

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.0.0.3D2bc4&id=24119952865

I actually bought the same sofa from hommage, but i choose calf leather for the material. I like the comfort of the sofa the moment i sat on it. My friends and relatives have gave good comments on the sofa, and they thought it was italian made. :lol:

2hofryw.jpg

25g9orb.jpg

I actually bought the same sofa from hommage, but i choose calf leather for the material. I like the comfort of the sofa the moment i sat on it. My friends and relatives have gave good comments on the sofa, and they thought it was italian made. :lol:

2hofryw.jpg

Nice sofa you have there. :good: Cant imagine it is the same sofa that we have ordered. Means to show that different material gives a different vibe. :good:

Oh my! :wacko: The person from star living told me a year or 2 ago it was $1,400. :D I remembered you bought it from them. :lol:

The tiler told me after tiling every thing will goes in quickly :wacko: but now heard that it will be quickly up after carpentry. :o

Either way the carpentry just got confirmed yesterday :rolleyes: and will be up about 2-3 weeks later. Not sure after that 1-2 weeks will be sufficient for the rest of the things. :bow:

haha yea, we got it cuz it's cheap (very broke then) and fitted our theme..plus can wash.. :P

it's fast after tiling if carpentry is lined up right after..usually takes about 2 weeks to finish up..but i guess the queue is at the carpentry side now (bottle-neck)..i was quite happy with the carpentry though (i have comparisons =/)..

don't worry! once the carpentry is up, other things can be finished up within days..the other touch-ups and stuff can be slowly done after u move in de.. :)

Pretty chair!

Thanks so much! its a broken chair and managed to refurbished it. :)

haha yea, we got it cuz it's cheap (very broke then) and fitted our theme..plus can wash.. :P

it's fast after tiling if carpentry is lined up right after..usually takes about 2 weeks to finish up..but i guess the queue is at the carpentry side now (bottle-neck)..i was quite happy with the carpentry though (i have comparisons =/)..

don't worry! once the carpentry is up, other things can be finished up within days..the other touch-ups and stuff can be slowly done after u move in de.. :)

HAHAHHA~ its good to see that you are still active on renotalk theitsybits~ :good:

Your reno was a huge inspiration for us to plan our renovation. Have only thought of getting Mr K after reading your blog and been reading and re-reading again.

Its a plus point that it can be wash unlike the one we order. Was pulled between star living and hommage due to the price difference too but Hubby convince me to get the one from hommage. :rolleyes:

Knew you had issues with your initial carpenter and thankfully you had Mr K to do up your bay window afterwards. :good:

The bottle-neck is really tight for Mr K and he get quite frustrated sometimes. Anyway thanks for the kind words, Mr. K will really need those for future references. :lol:

So far after engaging Mr K, there have not been much huge issue considering that i am a very particular person and it WOULD get worst from other ID or contractors. :notti: So far what we thought to be promised have been delivered, nothing more nothing less. :good:

Touch up we are not so worried as those can comes in slowly, :D as there is also a line of things to be done after carpentry, considering that we have so little time left after carpentry to the handover date.

Mr K previously took about 1 week to arrange for each item as he has a line of clients to line for those items. I guess after carpentry will leave with plumbering, electrical works, painting and chemical washing. Not sure after carpentry if he might take 1 week to arrange for each item. :)

2hofryw.jpg

25g9orb.jpg

may i know how much is this? is gorgeous!

i am Mr plain

Model : MXY-3A28VA (this is compressor is for system 3 but i use it for 2) / MSY-GE10VA / MSY-GE13VA

FCU Capacity : Up to 10,000 Btu/hr / 13,000Btu/hr respectively

Rated Share Capacity : 8,530 Btu/hr + 11,952 Btu/hr

Model : MXY-3A28VA (this is compressor is for system 3 but i use it for 2)/ MSY-GE10VA(unit) / MSY-GE24VA (unit)

FCU Capacity : Up to 10,000 Btu/hr / 22,000Btu/hr respectively

Rated Capacity : 7,506 Btu/hr + 17,060 Btu/hr

Very simple i want it when i on all my aircon together all my room and living room will be cool and cold. As is if you try using system 4 and on it together. its take long time to be cool. All the Btu you saw on top is calculate of space need to be cool. And i have open concept kitchen, liviing room.

Mind sharing the quotes? thank you

may i know how much is this? is gorgeous!

Hey Jacify, might need to check with ehiken1985 for his quote. Mine is a fabric sofa 2.5 seater for $1390. :D

Wow. Your house is coming up nicely... I like your 2 brick wall.

Thanks MHB. :lol:

Mind sharing the quotes? thank you

Jacify, for the aircon, that set up will cost $5,200. You might not need this setup if you do not require high usage of aircon. :)

Edited by plainsharon

I hope your reno progresses smoothly from here. Do check the tile grouting and carpentry as often as possible to make sure your delays are minimised. Especially carpentry sure have some areas need touch up. Grouting after chemical wash also ...