Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Milkcandy

Tinted Windows Or Solar Film For Glass?

Hi I'm new to this forum. I just bought a unit and one side of the apt gets some afternoon sun. I was contemplating to change the window panels to darker glass to block out the sun. But I came across solasheeld at the Home Fair at Expo last week and learned that I could install solar film (like those we use on the cars) on the existing windows to block out the sun too.

I was quoted an estimate but they will have to take actual measurements to give an exact quote.

Im looking for more recommendations to compare and any feedback on installing solar film at home.

Thank you!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there,

Solar film is a less cheaper and hassle free option as compared to changing the whole window.

However you can opt to change the glass panels only, to a dark tinted glass. But the heat block out effect is not as good as the solar film. Hope this helps you. Cheers!!

Hi there,

Solar film is a less cheaper and hassle free option as compared to changing the whole window.

However you can opt to change the glass panels only, to a dark tinted glass. But the heat block out effect is not as good as the solar film. Hope this helps you. Cheers!!

Thanks Happygreen! I suppose solar film is easier than changing glass panels right? Do you know of any reliable solar film installer?

Actually solar film is very easy to install... you can buy your own and install it. just need a penknife, soap water and plastic sticker flatener can le