Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RumbleInStyle

Rumble In Style

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Our first lights are up! Here's a retro industrial pendant that will feature right in the middle of the home. Seems like a must-have light for those going for a retro/industrial look these days.

light-caged.jpg?h=350

Hi,

Would like to know where you gotten this lamp from.

Thanks.

Hi,

Would like to know where you gotten this lamp from.

Thanks.

Someone quoted this..but not sure if same store as Rumble..

"I bought the lights from Kak Guan Hardware & Electric Trading, Block 302, Ubi Ave 1, #01-21/23, (S)400302. It cost only $18.50 per light."

Yup yup, the design and size (600mm) looks right, but not sure if we got it from that exact shop.

caught my eye when i scoured through TB, but my missus probably won't approve because of the potential dust and insects landing zone on top of the lamp :(

caught my eye when i scoured through TB, but my missus probably won't approve because of the potential dust and insects landing zone on top of the lamp :(

Volunteer to do the cleaning & installing insect net.

Good luck in convincing her.

• Like 1

Volunteer to do the cleaning & installing insect net.

Good luck in convincing her.

Actually, this type is easier to clean, for those concealed, most of the time the insect still manage to fly in and remained there, and we need to open up and clean.

"I bought the lights from Kak Guan Hardware & Electric Trading, Block 302, Ubi Ave 1, #01-21/23, (S)400302. It cost only $18.50 per light."

Guess they can be found in many places. We bought ours from an old hardware shop in Tiong Bahru.

[http://rumbleinstyle.wordpress.com/2013/10/06/retro-industrial-pendants]

Actually, this type is easier to clean, for those concealed, most of the time the insect still manage to fly in and remained there, and we need to open up and clean.

So far no insect problem. As for the dust, it's actually rather easy to clean as it's a smooth surface – just a few seconds of dusting or wiping. And since the flat surface is above the eye level, then being out of sight and out of mind, we don't clean it as often as we hope to.

Totally agree with mangorind that it's more convenient than those insect-trapping lights.

So far no insect problem. As for the dust, it's actually rather easy to clean as it's a smooth surface – just a few seconds of dusting or wiping. And since the flat surface is above the eye level, then being out of sight and out of mind, we don't clean it as often as we hope to.

Totally agree with mangorind that it's more convenient than those insect-trapping lights.

I sent her a screen shot of your response :)

• Like 1

Yesterday, it happened I went to around that area, pop by and intended to buy this light, the uncle said he did not have this light, I asked if he sells any light? He told only one type the rounded normal light. Maybe no more stock, anyone manage to get one, please let me know. Thank you

Dear Rumbleinstyle, I really love your reno; especially how you transformed the space into your own with distinct elements around the house. Would you be able to share with me your quote and contact of your contractor too? Thanks so much in advance! :)

Yesterday, it happened I went to around that area, pop by and intended to buy this light, the uncle said he did not have this light, I asked if he sells any light? He told only one type the rounded normal light. Maybe no more stock, anyone manage to get one, please let me know. Thank you

We bought ours at Tiong Bahru.

[http://rumbleinstyle.wordpress.com/2013/10/06/retro-industrial-pendants]

Dear Rumbleinstyle, I really love your reno; especially how you transformed the space into your own with distinct elements around the house. Would you be able to share with me your quote and contact of your contractor too? Thanks so much in advance! :)

Just PMed you.