Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RumbleInStyle

Rumble In Style

Hi Rumbleinstyle...very nice design...a mixture of east and west very well blend together....

Do you mind sharing your contractor contacts and also the quotation? Thanks.

Can send to my email...ng_guanhwee@hotmail.com

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Rumbleinstyle, you have a very lovely place :good: . Would you mind to PM the contact of your contractor and your reno quote? Thanks!

Hi Rumbleinstyle...very nice design...a mixture of east and west very well blend together....

Do you mind sharing your contractor contacts and also the quotation? Thanks.

Can send to my email...ng_guanhwee@hotmail.com

Thanks for your comments! PMed both of you.

Since it has been many months after our renovation and in light of other newer t-blogs, we will not be giving out any more contacts for our contractor.

Appreciate your understanding. :)

Hi Rumble can i check with you where does the exhaust for the hood lead to?

Up? It's a ductless hood that uses charcoal filters... so no exhaust/vents to outside (not sure if vents are allowed for hdb).

Hi Rumble,

I am getting a 3 room flat too.. Totally love the way you reconfigure the MBR. The extension need permit from HBD right? How do you get over the HBD rule of "can only be used as a dry area"? Wont showering wet the extended area?

Secondly, may I ask how you select your contractor? Based on what criteria? And also, if possible, would able to share your quotation/tender requirement for reference? Need a template and your works are in line with what i had in mind.

Thanks,

Samuel

hi,

as you engaged a contractor, did u spent alot of time coordinating stuff ?

Yup. Designing, choosing, coordinating, checking... on site and off. But it was worth it in the end.

Hi Rumble,

I am getting a 3 room flat too.. Totally love the way you reconfigure the MBR. The extension need permit from HBD right? How do you get over the HBD rule of "can only be used as a dry area"? Wont showering wet the extended area?

Secondly, may I ask how you select your contractor? Based on what criteria? And also, if possible, would able to share your quotation/tender requirement for reference? Need a template and your works are in line with what i had in mind.

Thanks,

Samuel

1) Yes, HDB permit required for bathroom extension. I'm not sure how they determined wet and dry areas, but ours was approved. We don't really wet the extension when we shower though.

2) We selected based on a combination of price, communication and reading of reviews here. We didn't really have a quote requirement... it was mainly verbal (on site) with drawings of the plan. [http://rumbleinstyle.wordpress.com/2013/08/13/contractor-vs-interior-designer/]

Wow you are not Rumbling in Style but you are Rumbling with Style. Love the job you did! Congrats!

Thanks!!

Our first lights are up! Here's a retro industrial pendant that will feature right in the middle of the home. Seems like a must-have light for those going for a retro/industrial look these days.

light-caged.jpg?h=350

Hi, did you have to paint the tubing and all trunking or it comes in black colour? my contractor was telling me no black colour available.

Hi, did you have to paint the tubing and all trunking or it comes in black colour? my contractor was telling me no black colour available.

Our conduits are a combination of tubings and trunkings. The tubings are black. The trunkings were painted black.

This may help: [http://rumbleinstyle.wordpress.com/category/renovation/electrical-wiring/]

We are going with a mix of PVC trunking and industrial pipes to route our wires. We also have selected industrial plugs and switches to enhance the look. There are some constraints with using pipes, so we had to adapt and adjust our plan according to balance between aesthetics and practicality. ...

electrical-plug-switches1.jpg?w=350electrical-switches-mounted.jpg?h=350

[read more on our blog post]

Got our electrical trunking painted matt black to match the black industrial pipes. Now they all blend nicely together. Kudos to our painter for a job well done.

lights-kitchen-jars1.jpg?w=350black-casing-living.jpg?w=350

[read more on our blog post]

Guest Steven Ng

mind sharing your contractor n quote pls? yr hse is nice... 50k is way out of my budget hehe thanks

What a lovely home!! I've just purchased a flat with the exact same layout as yours. Impressed with the work done by your contractor, could you share the contact pls?

Much appreciated!

Hi,
Really like your home design and approach. would you mind sharing the renovations costs and your contractor's contact?
Cheers

g

Yup. Designing, choosing, coordinating, checking... on site and off. But it was worth it in the end.

1) Yes, HDB permit required for bathroom extension. I'm not sure how they determined wet and dry areas, but ours was approved. We don't really wet the extension when we shower though.

2) We selected based on a combination of price, communication and reading of reviews here. We didn't really have a quote requirement... it was mainly verbal (on site) with drawings of the plan. [http://rumbleinstyle.wordpress.com/2013/08/13/contractor-vs-interior-designer/]

Thanks!!