Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Thanks greg for the info! I do love kompactop wood colour so might juz swing back..

And thanks to many gurus here who shared their journey.. Need to find some time to start my own t-blog.. Share & care! Lol

For people who are looking for budget sofas - ikea is the way to go - esp mid-century/scandinavian designs

But of course we want something unique and special, with minimial inconvenience and effort to customize

We also don't want people to recognize that it's from ikea

Some ideas to share:

1. Change the legs. Site here. They create legs specifically to fit ikea furniture

prettypegs_zps71ce13da.png

2. Change the fabric. Site here. All customized to fit ikea dimensions

swedish-designers-start2_zps3bc5bbee.jpg

Yup that is an ikea sofa with a bold, repeating bird print heh

Edited by greglhc

• Like 1

Thanks greg for the info! I do love kompactop wood colour so might juz swing back..

And thanks to many gurus here who shared their journey.. Need to find some time to start my own t-blog.. Share & care! Lol

Wood coloured kitchen top is really nice and creates warmth! I was considering the ikea wood top which mish did but I think I really won't be bothered to maintain

Yay start blog and post floor plan!

Oooo.. I was planning to use new york teak kompactop .. The colour is soooo nice... But I 'slice' the sample with a chopper and there are scratches... Haiz.. So now have to re-consider... :(

I love to cook so need a more durable kitchen top.. But i do like kompactop.. haha.. Or else juz have to real careful ...

Ur choices looks great~ enjoy ur reno process!

I tested kompactop, granite and quartz....honestly the granite was the best bet

Quartz is least scratch-able. Also good that almost non-porous. Get a dark colour if worried about staining though.

Agree...i tested a light coloured quartz and tumeric stained it....something to consider if you use tumeric in your cooking

Just made a trip down to cb2 to buy bed frame but then discovered the frame is made for European mattress size. Decided not to make the purchase.

Now I'm in a minor panic cos dunno where else can find a suitable bed frame. Suggestions are welcome!

Just made a trip down to cb2 to buy bed frame but then discovered the frame is made for European mattress size. Decided not to make the purchase.

Now I'm in a minor panic cos dunno where else can find a suitable bed frame. Suggestions are welcome!

picket and rail Chicago is calling hahah :jammin:

or you can take a look at the scanteak:

http://www.scanteak.com.sg/catalogue/bedroom/wooden-beds/39503-vinkel-5ft-queen-bed

but might not suit your theme that well i think..

Edited by oldskool

seems we really have the same tastes hahha

we ordered a custom made tv console from second charm waiting for delivery in mid sep :)

im sure sharifah can do something up for you

Was thinking of something like this

Industrialbedframeinspiration01_zps3c928

I also recall a grafunkt one called attap which I felt is really quite cute. Might not really fit my theme but against a chalkboard wall and industrial decor and lighting, might work. heh

Attap_zps82d36b68.png

Very nice concepts you have there.

Think this bedframe may work for you: Its something that i wanted, but pity its not available in King. You can get this at Hommage.

111387074_156.jpg

False beam up! Under this false beam will be a 3-panel folding aluminium, black anodized. Wanted wire inside the glass but additional weight makes it problematic

photo3_zps04bfa487.jpg

My sketch of the bedroom lighting plan sent to contractor on whatsapp

photo1_zps6945759f.jpg

Anyone know where to get replacement for this sort of switch?

photo5_zps84388024.jpg

Discovered an unanticipated problem yesterday. There is a portion of the wall which is not flush.

photo21_zps1646956b.jpg

Although false wall to hide it is the usual option, I decided to keep it

The bed-frame will be flush against the wall and I will use Ikea Ribba shelves which are of perfect depth

Between the bed head board and the wall. Try to save a few hundred bucks here. heh

photo2_zps0ecfa9b4.jpg

This same problem is found in the living room wall but decided to go ahead with false wall there though

Hope it works out!