Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks for letting me know.

I did contact him before my first taobao shipment and he goes by the name of jack. However he does not represent a company and is doing this as a sideline.

I expect that he works in a logistics company that has spare freight space that he exploits.

Anyway I feel that it's high risk and not worth the savings. Prob about 100 bucks only?

Angielika - u took the words out of my mouth.

I had my doubts as well, which was why i initiated a meetup with him before any transaction... Found him to be trustworthy and honest... and besides, i know where he lives... so i don't think he's out to cheat my money...

have bought over $4k of stuff through him already... in terms of savings, i would easily estimate more than 4-500 of savings in terms of shipping... The thing i appreciate most is that he will help to chase up on items that are delayed from the supplier side as well as provide updates on item deliveries.

But all of these are my personal experience, respect that everyone will have their own doubts..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I had my doubts as well, which was why i initiated a meetup with him before any transaction... Found him to be trustworthy and honest... and besides, i know where he lives... so i don't think he's out to cheat my money...

have bought over $4k of stuff through him already... in terms of savings, i would easily estimate more than 4-500 of savings in terms of shipping... The thing i appreciate most is that he will help to chase up on items that are delayed from the supplier side as well as provide updates on item deliveries.

But all of these are my personal experience, respect that everyone will have their own doubts..

Thanks for sharing. Nice to know that it worked out for u. Meeting him in person definitely helps. Limitation of the virtual world.

Last week not much action except painting. Mostly because I was waffling about making some decisions.

This week lots of stuff happening.

photo_zps29af4dab.jpg

Flooring being installed, doors being painted (I couldnt bear to change the nyatoh door)

Carpentry and electric will be done this week.

Didn't manage to unbox any taobao stuff last week as I needed to wait, although my hands felt very itchy hee

Later this week should be able to post some reviews of taobao purchases. Can't wait.

Sadly, this will only come in November and I will need 3 panels. Gulp.

Think it's really worth it though.

Concrete appearance wall panel for living room. Help to hide cables from TV and AV equipment also

photo_zpsdcd69b95.jpg

photo1_zps3048a029.jpg

Unfortunately will arrive only in end Sept/early Oct so gotta be patient

Thank u!

Being my own "ID" has been very challenging. Have to be strict with myself about strictly keeping to three colours (grey, black and white) for the structure.

I changed my mind twice about the floor colour - initially wanted durban oak, then markham oak medium but realised I was compromising.

I think Evorich sick of hearing my voice already. heh

Ur floor looks gorgeous!

Flooring installed. Quite pleased with the result although some parts of my floor were uneven to begin with

photo3_zps7719416c.jpg

photo2_zps946ac473.jpg

The entire kitchen/dining/living and bedroom are all in the same design/colour to create a sense of continuous space.

Unfortunately I noticed trimmings which are walnut brown in colour and clashes with all the grey floorings. Gotta get Evorich to rectify that. Sigh.

photo1_zps4fce7a79.jpg

Haha.

It'll be a very nice effect I think.

Wish I was bolder and got the painter to do a matt black ceiling.

for awhile I tot ur ceiling had the laminates on! :)

Edited by greglhc

Small update.

Have unboxed all the tb stuff and they look really good. No breakages including bulbs and ceramic sink.

Faucets are heavy and feel very sturdy.

Stainless steel sink looks good too. No scratches.

Lights were all made of a sturdy metal and in matt black.

Will post pics once they're installed. Fingers crossed that they function ok.

U r the qc master! Lol! Show us when its up!

Using herf too and m gg for malkam oak light for my living.. :)

Oh yes speaking of HERF

I must write some notes here for the benefit of others who liaise and organize with the Evorich people directly. My main con did not do this function for me.

1. Must have as even a surface as possible - unfortunately I didn't want to spend additional monies to smoothen and even out the floor so there are some areas which are not exactly flat

2. Interface of HERF flooring and floor tracks for folding doors - they apply some sort of glue/adhesive under there. Unfortunately the application of the adhesive was pretty sloppy so resulted in a somewhat bumpy area beside folding door tracks cos too much adhesive in some areas

photo2_zps91d2936b.jpg

3. I relied completely on the main con's cleaning crew and the Evorich people to sweep up as much debris as possible before laying the HERF. Unfortunately they didn't do a spectacular job and at one corners, I can feel the debris under tiles with my feet.

4. It is only scratch resistant and not scratch proof. Some carpenters managed to leave a couple of scratches on the floor already. Lol.

5. You can specify the trimming which is the interface between the HERF and other flooring e.g. tiles. Remember to specify which ones you want, if not they anyhow choose (like mine) and have to come back and rectify. I'm changing it to a metal one that you see in commercial places to keep with the industrial theme.

6. The workmanship is not exactly THE best or most meticulous. Both were China chaps and had quite sian looks on their face. Don't have too high expectations I guess :(

7. Specify the direction of the tile/grain during the site visit. They will use "horizontal" or "vertical" which is meaningless to me so I told them "the wood grain must run from left to right, not up to down"

Despite all these small issues, I am satisfied overall. Like a 7.4/10 Lol

Hope everyone has a smooth process for HERF installation if they choose it

Edited by greglhc

Heh I just bought more stuff from taobao, including a TV console. A bit of a risky buy because not exactly cheap but I really like it a lot and have not seen it in Singapore. Stay tuned!

camping to see ur tb loots... :D