Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Thanks!

I have no clue whether chalkboard paint is compatible in the kitchen but I have an extra tub and some part of the kitchen wall is already painted with it. So what the heck. Lol

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

greg, so sorry to hear about your situation and hope u get over them soon. thx for sharing those pictures

hey redder, I didn't hack away my kitchen wall tiles due to budget and time constraint. Thus, I cement screed over existing tiles. If I get bored with the cement color after few yrs, can just paint them over :notti: . Maintenance wise, don't think too much. As long as not at the cooking area, ok for me. If you like it, just do it!

Ya I can understand the hesitation. I went through that myself.

That's why I did the kitchen back-er panels. I think it will make cleaning a whole lot simpler.

At the very worst, if it gets too ridiculous to maintain, then may consider epoxy resin at a later stage

See how la

Im also not too sure abt cement screed walls in the kitchen.. Really dont wish to tile up the whole kitchen sighhh

on a brighter side, at least there's room for rectifications... maybe the chalk paint will look great as well! the beauty of industrial look is that it's supposed to look a little run-down anyway.. ha ha ha

i'm sure ur place will turn out great greg!

Edited by sleepybeauty

greg, so sorry to hear about your situation and hope u get over them soon. thx for sharing those pictures

hey redder, I didn't hack away my kitchen wall tiles due to budget and time constraint. Thus, I cement screed over existing tiles. If I get bored with the cement color after few yrs, can just paint them over :notti: . Maintenance wise, don't think too much. As long as not at the cooking area, ok for me. If you like it, just do it!

Ya I can understand the hesitation. I went through that myself.

That's why I did the kitchen back-er panels. I think it will make cleaning a whole lot simpler.

At the very worst, if it gets too ridiculous to maintain, then may consider epoxy resin at a later stage

See how la

Yes that's what my ID said too.. Next time can just paint over if need to. Most likely I'll have subway tiles on the wall near the cooking area. I find it too common but my other half insists on having them unless I can come up with something nicer lol

Yes that's what my ID said too.. Next time can just paint over if need to. Most likely I'll have subway tiles on the wall near the cooking area. I find it too common but my other half insists on having them unless I can come up with something nicer lol

Someone here posted a unique pattern to lay the subway tiles if you are concerned with it looking too common - which I kinda agree too.

I've been waiting very patiently for my second tb bounty. Submitted my order to peeka in late Aug.

Finally received update from Peeka that all my items have arrived at china warehouse and being shipped out to Singapore.

About six weeks wait so far.

Wee!

Some glimpses of the loot from Peeka staff who were nice to oblige me to take pics heh

Coffee table in some sort of recycled wood with white wash

Coffeetable_zpsb44e34a0.jpg

Concrete looking side console. Had to have it once I saw it on tb

Sideconsole_zps89c2e6a3.jpg

TV console with metal and wood elements! Really been looking high and low for something industrial looking in Singapore and found in on tb instead

Really happy with how this piece looks in the pic. Hope it arrives safely

TVconsoleclosed_zps0fa244cf.jpg

Open sesame!

TVconsole_zpscfd31076.jpg

Was thinking of distressing the metal and add in some brass/gold finishing similar to the tolix chair I got heh

Wow, that TV console looks very interesting!

A bit of distressing and you're going to have a very unique centerpiece!

The plant pots curved stand looks familiar, I saw a similar one at a shop in Chatuchak - in case you're headed to BKK instead next time.

How much did the shipping for your TB 2nd bounty cost you? I was tempted by the big TV console and dresser table items on TB as well.. but decided against it. Bought lights first to try.. worried about the shipping time now! At first chose economy delivery but after seeing how Peeka needs to first order all the stuff from the various shops, THEN wait for the shops to deliver to their warehouse.. Figured the time span won't take 3 weeks as they estimate for economy delivery, more like 6 weeks at least from order point to delivery in SG.

Hi janyen,

My first TB shipment which included sinks (kitchen and bathroom), all my faucets and lighting, and 2 tolix chairs (cannot be flat packed) was 0.95 cubic metre. Shipping cost was $243

This TB shipment which has a lot more bulky items as you can see - and other items like edison bulbs and posters and canvas paintings - came up to 1.43 cubic metre. Shipping cost is $309

Based on this experience, I think it's worth buying bulky stuff on TB.

The plant pots curved stand looks familiar, I saw a similar one at a shop in Chatuchak - in case you're headed to BKK instead next time.

How much did the shipping for your TB 2nd bounty cost you? I was tempted by the big TV console and dresser table items on TB as well.. but decided against it. Bought lights first to try.. worried about the shipping time now! At first chose economy delivery but after seeing how Peeka needs to first order all the stuff from the various shops, THEN wait for the shops to deliver to their warehouse.. Figured the time span won't take 3 weeks as they estimate for economy delivery, more like 6 weeks at least from order point to delivery in SG.