Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I vote for no 1.

I think the solidity of the TV console and the sofa need to be complemented with something that is more dynamic and implies some motion, and the color is muted enough so that it won't compete for attention instead silently complementing the room. I'm sprouting BS here :)

Hi limeblue, we are on the same page. I am guessing you are male! Heh

i vote teal :)

I knew you would vanessa! Can you help me find a dark teal one on taobao?? Lol

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My vote goes to option 3... As i feel that the general color of the rug will blend in well with the fixtures while the specks of yellow/gold will brighten up the area without overwhelming it.

With the arrival of the TV console, I really feel like my living room area needs a nice rug. In between the TV console and sofa.

Been obsessed with finding a rug on taobao but not much success.

I did manage to source another website which I'm quite excited about. Have narrowed down to three options.

Rug2_zpsc21b57e2.jpg

Rug3_zps6295bd26.jpg

Rug1_zpsf1ca1560.png

One of them is very different from the other two. Lemme know what u guys think!

Gotta make up my mind soon cos one of them only have 3 items left in stock....

I vote for option 3 too!! Cos the first 2 don't seem to contrast with your walls...

Thanks everyone for the votes. Think it's quite split according to gender lines heh. I'll keep my choice a secret for now.

A small problem which I've thought about shipping this large rug 6' x 4'. It is going to be delivered via dhl. Do they call to let you know the delivery time? Because there won't be anyone home to collect delivery during office hours!

Thanks everyone for the votes. Think it's quite split according to gender lines heh. I'll keep my choice a secret for now.

A small problem which I've thought about shipping this large rug 6' x 4'. It is going to be delivered via dhl. Do they call to let you know the delivery time? Because there won't be anyone home to collect delivery during office hours!

About that, I believe DHL will call you before they are ready to deliver the item based on previous experience. In fact, there is a tracking number provided to you by the seller and you can track that consignment online. If it reaches sg, you may either want to wait for DHL to contact you or you call DHL to arrange the time of delivery. Either way, it's not much a difference on who calls, you or DHL right? Edited by BunBun

Thanks for this! I just purchased the rug and it arrives in 6-10 days. Fingers crossed.

Oh yeah about the TV console and desk - if you decide to buy - some advice

Ask the freight forwarder to wrap with styrofoam in the following areas

1. TV console - must wrap styrofoam around the locks thingy. I think mine was mishandled and was bent inward. Had to bend it outwards in order to open the doors

2. Desk - the legs are thin and therefore any force can cause them to have slight dent inwards. This is the issue I faced and I need to rectify myself.

About that, I believe DHL will call you before they are ready to deliver the item based on previous experience. In fact, there is a tracking number provided to you by the seller and you can track that consignment online. If it reaches sg, you may either want to wait for DHL to contact you or you call DHL to arrange the time of delivery. Either way, it's not much a difference on who calls, you or DHL right?

Thanks for this! I just purchased the rug and it arrives in 6-10 days. Fingers crossed.

Oh yeah about the TV console and desk - if you decide to buy - some advice

Ask the freight forwarder to wrap with styrofoam in the following areas

1. TV console - must wrap styrofoam around the locks thingy. I think mine was mishandled and was bent inward. Had to bend it outwards in order to open the doors

2. Desk - the legs are thin and therefore any force can cause them to have slight dent inwards. This is the issue I faced and I need to rectify myself.

Ah! Noted and thank you for the advice! Will certainly pay heed to this.

Thanks man! I'm saving pics till my wall panels are installed. Hopefully by next week then do an update. Heh

Certainly looking forward to seeing the photo updates! *beam*

Finally got around to taking some pics for an update! Been trying to create different "nooks" in my small place.

This is my "landing area". I dump all stuff from my pockets onto that surface which is a small shoe cabinet

photo3_zps3547a71e.jpg

The coffee table beside it - I decided to use as a bench. Can put more shoes below.

Dining area next!

photo2_zps46b6d6de.jpg

With my custom hairpin leg dining table - old restored teak. Very sturdy despite the narrow-ness of the legs.

I positioned the table so that it will extend the surface so have more surface top and also visual continuity i.e. help my space look bigger

It is really my version of a kitchen island. Haha

I also opted for a regular dining table height, rather than a kitchen surface height.

Waiting for a couple more tolix chairs from taobao.

photo1_zps56e1172f.jpg

I bought this piece of art from tb and put it above my bed. Really liked it and didn't know it was a replica of a famous Chinese artist.

Still looking for a bedside table. Might get the Selje from ikea.

And finally this small framed poster I got free from tb. Cute capn america.

photo4_zps382a8ef9.jpg

Anybody keen to give it a home?