Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Finally got around to taking some pics for an update! Been trying to create different "nooks" in my small place.

This is my "landing area". I dump all stuff from my pockets onto that surface which is a small shoe cabinet

photo3_zps3547a71e.jpg

The coffee table beside it - I decided to use as a bench. Can put more shoes below.

Dining area next!

photo2_zps46b6d6de.jpg

With my custom hairpin leg dining table - old restored teak. Very sturdy despite the narrow-ness of the legs.

I positioned the table so that it will extend the surface so have more surface top and also visual continuity i.e. help my space look bigger

It is really my version of a kitchen island. Haha

I also opted for a regular dining table height, rather than a kitchen surface height.

Waiting for a couple more tolix chairs from taobao.

photo1_zps56e1172f.jpg

I bought this piece of art from tb and put it above my bed. Really liked it and didn't know it was a replica of a famous Chinese artist.

Still looking for a bedside table. Might get the Selje from ikea.

And finally this small framed poster I got free from tb. Cute capn america.

photo4_zps382a8ef9.jpg

Anybody keen to give it a home?

Looks really good, greg!!!! TWO THUMBS UP!

I particularly like the framed painting in your MBR

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hey Greg where did u get the hairpin legs from? been looking for them for some DIY :) nice captain America!

Hi greg, may I know where you got your hairpin dining table from?

Hairpin legs came with the table. I got Sharifah to custom make them based on specifications I found online.

Coincidentally she has been really wanting to do hairpin leg stuff so I think this is her first piece she customised!

Told her that there will be more people interested for sure. Possibly also those half dipped colour hairpin legs will be nice too

Looks really good, greg!!!! TWO THUMBS UP!

I particularly like the framed painting in your MBR

Thanks Zihui!! Appreciate the compliment. Not done with the bedroom yet. Still have quite a few ideas going on in my head. Heh

Very cosy greg! Love ur kompactop!

Thanks vi! My place is small so has to be cosy, in a masculine kind of way lol.

I am loving the look of kompactop. I asked the sales guy to test with tumeric and all sorts of staining things and after soaking for a day, he could remove them with thinner. FYI for peeps interested in kompactops!

your house so nicely done up! Just curious, how much is the damage for the rug?

i'm using kompactop too! in the lightest shade for my kitchen table top.

It's durable - can withstand heat and water and gives a cozy feel. :thumbs up:

your house so nicely done up! Just curious, how much is the damage for the rug?

i'm using kompactop too! in the lightest shade for my kitchen table top.

It's durable - can withstand heat and water and gives a cozy feel. :thumbs up:

Thanks mrsyap!

The rug was 250 bucks - 70 bucks went for express shipping. A good deal!

The rug just came in finally!

This is the most colour I will probably have heh

photo_zps9a3d26c5.jpg

Hi greglhc, I am also looking for rug... wonder which agent did u use for TB bulky purchase?

also, how is the feel of this rug you got?

Nice rug, greg but it seems you may need to invest in a good vacuum cleaner that can clean this type of rug.

Had a similar rug but cleaning up is a real pain because of the texture. In the end I got a flat textured cowhide rug from franc franc as this type would be easier to clean

Hi greglhc, I am also looking for rug... wonder which agent did u use for TB bulky purchase?

also, how is the feel of this rug you got?

Hi Yeocando, for this rug, I didnt buy from taobao because I didn't find anything I liked.

Although I was quite obsessed with this one for a while but decided against it because I think didn't fit

I would say tb rugs are at good price. I've seen identical ones being retailed at 5-6 times the tb price and marketed as "italian" lol

For all my tb purchases, I've used peeka. Good service, being very responsive. Definitely more ex than amcon.

hey greg,

mind sharing where did you get the dining table customised and how much did u pay for it?

Hey sleepybeauty, hope you are well rested while stranded in Philippines! Coincidentally I'm heading there next week heh

Anyways I got the dining table from second charm. Sharifah, the owner, is just starting to introduce hair pin leg furniture so she is keen to have more interested

buyers. Mine is 1.2m long as to keep everything compact. Will PM you the price.

haha greg, i hope you have ur travel insurance ready since u are heading to Philippines next week. I had an extended vacation in Boracay due to the typhoon... secretly happy actually... was quite an experience i must say!

hi greglhc,

would you be so kind to provide us with the TB link for this piece of art please? This is a pretty good looking piece of art btw, thanks so much! :)

your home is lovely!

photo1_zps56e1172f.jpg

I bought this piece of art from tb and put it above my bed. Really liked it and didn't know it was a replica of a famous Chinese artist.

Still looking for a bedside table. Might get the Selje from ikea.

And finally this small framed poster I got free from tb. Cute capn america.