Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I finally decided to create an accent wall in the MBR. However choosing a colour is very challenging!

So with 3 hours of time and some help, decided to be brave and pick a colour.

This is how it turned out - I like it a lot!

photo1_zpsf43a788e.jpg

After painting it, I found a website where all colours are listed, and for each brand of paint e.g. Nippon, they specify what is the name/code for that brand

Very useful, though I wish I found it earlier! Link

Also an update on what I did with my baywindow, I mean ledge. Lol

photo2_zps4e88c977.jpg

And my fave item from latest tb purchase!

photo3_zps7760adce.jpg

The lamp is very sturdy and in order to adjust each arm, need an allen key so it's fixed in place. Good quality!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I finally decided to create an accent wall in the MBR. However choosing a colour is very challenging!

photo1_zpsf43a788e.jpg

After painting it, I found a website where all colours are listed, and for each brand of paint e.g. Nippon, they specify what is the name/code for that brand

photo2_zps4e88c977.jpg

photo3_zps7760adce.jpg

The lamp is very sturdy and in order to adjust each arm, need an allen key so it's fixed in place. Good quality!

Hi greg, mind sharing the link for this lamp? I've been looking for this type!

photo1_zpsf43a788e.jpg

photo2_zps4e88c977.jpg

photo3_zps7760adce.jpg

OMG greg, i have the similar lamp and waitg for taobao to deliver hehehe! nice one!

I think we really should coordinate our online buying so can save on shipping costs!

Got any upcoming planned purchases?? Haha

OMG greg, i have the similar lamp and waitg for taobao to deliver hehehe! nice one!

I think we really should coordinate our online buying so can save on shipping costs!

Got any upcoming planned purchases?? Haha

i have alot!!! it's all in my "active orders" now... 1 for economy shipping... 1 for 7 day express.. hahaha

Last night I was looking at my place and have finally come to the conclusion that one of my taobao loot doesn't fit into my place.

It's just too big for my tiny place. I feel sad because I really love this piece!

It's this side board which doubles as my desk.

photo1_zps3f3f2a1e.jpg

The pics from taobao for reference

1_zpsea45242e.jpg

2_zpsdb87638d.jpg

Made of steel with matt black coating and distressed. Suitable for industrial or vintage type decor.

Dimensions 120 cm length, 55 cm depth and 77 cm height.

Anyone interested? Trying to find a good home for it.

Just want to recover cost at $450 (transport own self arrange). I'm sure this will easily be priced double in retail stores.

Can arrange viewing too.

PM please.

Edited by greglhc

Graphite bookshelf style kitchen rack installed. A real space saver. Can hang stack all my pots and pans. Very sturdy too. Needed an extra pair of hands to install.

Have to thank kstoh for his tutorial on drilling. Gave me a lot of confidence to go for it.

photo1_zpsf9ca1fbb.jpg

A closer view

photo2_zps22ee94e9.jpg

I also bought the Vittsjo laptop table from ikea when they were doing at $29.90. Made a special effort to go down during lunch. Heng I did that! Very few left in inventory by the time I got mine!!

Then did some DIY on the legs - inspired from hacks I saw online

photo3_zps07823f39.jpg

My little laptop corner completed. Also installed the string shelves - copper myself last weekend. Really like the look, especially against the black!

photo4_zps3a93ce17.jpg

Profile view

photo_zpsaefc961e.jpg

Side console still up for a loving home. He has outgrown this space :(

Edited by greglhc

Love how the kitchen rack looks in your kitchen and are those copper cookware I see? Got any lobang for them?

Would love to have a kitchen rack like yours in mine but we are do heavy cooking in our kitchen, I do not think having the utensils exposed is a good idea.

The kitchen rack is very handy. Saves a lot of cabinet space. Now I know why commercial kitchens use it. Lol.

The copper cookware are replica of scanpan CS5. So it's stainless steel interior and copper exterior.

Actually vanessa passed me this link and I trust her recommendation hee

It's about 30-40 plus bucks on taobao.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10031009747

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10029700109

Enjoy!

I tried to search for "copper pots" and other simlar terms in Taobao but could not find it! So I decided to buy frm Amazon.. But now that u've given me the links, looks like I'll order these for my next Taobao shipment which will include kitchen and household stuff! Heh!

THANKS GREG! ;)

I felt that the previous pictures of the side console did not do it justice.

Here are some pics to inspire the possibilities with this piece of industrial furniture!

03_zps78001fe3.jpg

04_zps49543114.jpg

05_zps6eaed2ce.jpg

02_zps92364e68.jpg

Price negotiable. Accessories not included! Lol

The kitchen rack is very handy. Saves a lot of cabinet space. Now I know why commercial kitchens use it. Lol.

The copper cookware are replica of scanpan CS5. So it's stainless steel interior and copper exterior.

Actually vanessa passed me this link and I trust her recommendation hee

It's about 30-40 plus bucks on taobao.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10031009747

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10029700109

Enjoy!

Thanks Greg for the links....

Will add them to my purchase list after I've moved into the new place.. Am sourcing for contacts to buy Stainless Steel water pitcher (similar to those used in Restaurants), the ones at TOTTs are in their hundreds.. looking for cheaper alternatives on Taobao this morning but without much success