Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

How about gentry blue, the colour that you are interested in?

The intensity of the key colour is about 40+%

Encycolorpediagentryblue_zps22f41e6a.png

Therefore it is much lighter

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, thanks for the explanation. Asking your advice here, what do you think of Ascot Blue ICI http://encycolorpedia.com/9ba4a8? Do you think it will have the same effect as gentry blue but lighter?

I think based on your analysis, it should be similar to gentry blue except it is lighter cos the key colour intensity is about 30+ and have similar shades of cyan and magenta. Am I reading the chart correctly? I also am not too adventurous with colour and I want a mainly white palette in my new place. So hoping to get the shade of my accent walls right....I love the gentry blue wall irl of your place. It's a cool calm restful look. It complements the white shade well. I also like grey but the special blue tint of your wall is more unique than grey. And I think that is about as dark as I want my wall to get. So I am hoping to find a similar shade that is just a few notches lighter.

Your bay window is high! Mine is recently built so bay windows are seat level about 50 cm high I guess. Thinking of putting an IKEA expedit shelf along the length of bay window to create more storage cos the windows are pretty huge anyway so think not much light will be blocked. Thinking of laying the faux grass carpet beneath the expedit shelf to add more colour to the window. I have bay window in one of my toilets as well but luckily, it's already tiled.

For shades, did you get any? Read that ur ceiling is high. Mine is 3.5m thereabout and think window treatments gonna cost a bomb...so do you have any recommendations? I most prob would do roller blinds and timber blinds cos I don't really fancy curtains.

Thanks!

Thanks greg. I just left comfort furnishings at eunos and was like greg has this, oooh greg has that, ooh greg would love this. And my husband was like: who's greg???????

this is funny!

The kitchen rack is very handy. Saves a lot of cabinet space. Now I know why commercial kitchens use it. Lol.

The copper cookware are replica of scanpan CS5. So it's stainless steel interior and copper exterior.

Actually vanessa passed me this link and I trust her recommendation hee

It's about 30-40 plus bucks on taobao.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10031009747

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10029700109

Enjoy!

thanks for sharing.. i love the copper ware too! is that suppose to be used on induction or gas stove?

Hi, thanks for the explanation. Asking your advice here, what do you think of Ascot Blue ICI http://encycolorpedia.com/9ba4a8? Do you think it will have the same effect as gentry blue but lighter?

I think based on your analysis, it should be similar to gentry blue except it is lighter cos the key colour intensity is about 30+ and have similar shades of cyan and magenta. Am I reading the chart correctly? I also am not too adventurous with colour and I want a mainly white palette in my new place. So hoping to get the shade of my accent walls right....I love the gentry blue wall irl of your place. It's a cool calm restful look. It complements the white shade well. I also like grey but the special blue tint of your wall is more unique than grey. And I think that is about as dark as I want my wall to get. So I am hoping to find a similar shade that is just a few notches lighter.

Your bay window is high! Mine is recently built so bay windows are seat level about 50 cm high I guess. Thinking of putting an IKEA expedit shelf along the length of bay window to create more storage cos the windows are pretty huge anyway so think not much light will be blocked. Thinking of laying the faux grass carpet beneath the expedit shelf to add more colour to the window. I have bay window in one of my toilets as well but luckily, it's already tiled.

For shades, did you get any? Read that ur ceiling is high. Mine is 3.5m thereabout and think window treatments gonna cost a bomb...so do you have any recommendations? I most prob would do roller blinds and timber blinds cos I don't really fancy curtains.

Thanks!

Ascot blue vs gentry blue. Ascot blue is definitely lighter in intensity (you are correct) and it will be a lighter blue vs gentry blue. The best way now to tell the difference is to (1) use the ICI dulux website to see and (2) go down to the shop and review the swatch. Often times you can only tell the difference when putting them side by side and under different lights. The shop typically only has fluorescent lighting. So bring it outdoors to compare both colours under natural light.

Actually my ceiling height is 3m - but I have no false ceiling so it is exactly that height. I used rollite from sunscreen as it was installed there originally and I just needed to change the fabric. I think they're ok but I had a lot of friction with the sales guy. We got into a dispute on whether the installed blinds were slightly slanted which he denied. Took me a long while to get them to rectify - and only after withholding balance payment...

Windows treatments - just get roller blinds. Looks neat and easy to use. Don't get motorised or remote controlled ones. Mine are motorised and bedroom one just died so have to replace. Besides the cost, have to tahan the sun every morning until replace motor...

I used to have timber blinds in previous home. I find that dust collects there and I'm lazy to clean. Lol.

Not a fan of curtains either. The design tends to get dated quickly and have to take down to wash. Have I mentioned I'm lazy? Heh

Edited by greglhc

I dunno also leh.

I never use induction before.

Btw I bought the same "silver" plastic disposal flatware and was paranoid about my actual flatware being thrown away. So I told everyone to put all of it into the sink, whether disposable or not!! Heng lor

thanks for sharing.. i love the copper ware too! is that suppose to be used on induction or gas stove?

I dunno also leh.

I never use induction before.

Btw I bought the same "silver" plastic disposal flatware and was paranoid about my actual flatware being thrown away. So I told everyone to put all of it into the sink, whether disposable or not!! Heng lor

u HENG then!

Edited by sleepybeauty

Hi Greg,

Took ur advice and went to paint shops to check out the colours and the shades are really mind-boggling. Very close shades and also look so different under shop light and the outdoor natural daylight. Gentry blue looks dark in paint shop but much lighter under sun. Just to check, the paint colour is a custom-mix right, so which paint type did you go for? The shop said can choose between pentalite, wash wear or dulux all? Did you take the Dulux all? What' the price for a litre? For your accent wall in bedroom, is it about 2 liters paint? The painter who is now doing the painting for my block told me about 2 liters is about sufficient for one wall. You good leh, can decide paint colour in 3 hours. I think I will take longer. My place is not ready yet, will get keys by February hopefully so I have still time to consider. Where did you buy your paint from? Thanks.

Hi Greg,

Took ur advice and went to paint shops to check out the colours and the shades are really mind-boggling. Very close shades and also look so different under shop light and the outdoor natural daylight. Gentry blue looks dark in paint shop but much lighter under sun. Just to check, the paint colour is a custom-mix right, so which paint type did you go for? The shop said can choose between pentalite, wash wear or dulux all? Did you take the Dulux all? What' the price for a litre? For your accent wall in bedroom, is it about 2 liters paint? The painter who is now doing the painting for my block told me about 2 liters is about sufficient for one wall. You good leh, can decide paint colour in 3 hours. I think I will take longer. My place is not ready yet, will get keys by February hopefully so I have still time to consider. Where did you buy your paint from? Thanks.

I used dulux pentalite. Water based and dries quickly. 1l for that accent wall. Cost about 20 bucks I think. Went to the dulux paint shop at Alexandra. U can find the address online.

Hi Greg, can share where you got the green fake grass/mat for your ledge? Thanks!

Hi juxtapose,

Bought from overture, which sells in minimum of 2 x 1m i.e 2 sqm at $78 dollars, self-collect.

Have a lot of DIY ideas, no time to implement.

Something small I did recently, was to change the inside of the pendant lamp from black to gold.

photo1_zps603d509c.jpg

Gold/brass is in again so can't resist being "on-trend" lol.