Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Vanity and kitchen counter tops are installed! Really quite in love with the look. No regrets with this choice.

photo2_zps13b2db01.jpg

photo3_zps06f530d9.jpg

Hi Greg,

Your bathroom and kitchen are really nicely done. Can I know what brand toilet bowl you are using? I intend to do a wall mount toilet too. I just wonder about the brands as the prices varies a lot. I am thinking of using roca.

Hi weezer,

Thanks for the compliments!

If your place current doesn't have a wall mount system, then you will need one to be constructed. Can consider the geberit monolith system in that case. It's about 900 plus. If I'm not wrong, comes with toilet bowl. So basically the whole system. Plus point is that it's much thinner than making a concrete one.

Mine came with a concrete thing already so just needed to install the actuator and internal system plus toilet bowl. I didn't go for geberit as it was pricier. I can't recall the brand now. The three components collectively cost me 400 plus. Toilet bowl I went for Otto. Cheap and looks good. No point getting branded ones made in Italy and what not.

Hi greglhc, nice to see your pix. What's the finishing for your cement screed walls? Or is there none?

Thanks!

My cement walls have no finishing. I know you've been trying to look for some options. I quite like the matt look for now though.

Thanks!

My cement walls have no finishing. I know you've been trying to look for some options. I quite like the matt look for now though.

May keep it that way too - for now. Just gotta wipe off the "dust".

Hi Greg,

You have a lovely cosy home!! It's good that the renovation process and all has come to an end, finally can enjoy it.

By the way, may I ask where do you get the sliding door from? how much it cost?

Thanks heap!

Update pics on faucets and sinks from taobao. All installations by plumber went without a hitch.

photo31_zps0a0d0e15.jpg

Kitchen mixer faucet with Selena sink. Really pleased with this buy. The height of the kitchen mixer is a whooping 70cm and gives a solid look

Hi Greg, Your Kitchen set up looks great! Could you please tell me how much you paid for the sink and faucet, also where you got it from? Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Greg,

You have a lovely cosy home!! It's good that the renovation process and all has come to an end, finally can enjoy it.

By the way, may I ask where do you get the sliding door from? how much it cost?

Thanks heap!

Thanks Agnes for the compliments. My reno process had some downs which were rectified satisfactorily. All in all, I am very satisfied with the outcome.

I think you are referring to my folding door?

That was sourced by my main contractor.

It's a regular black aluminum frame that many renotalkers have used.

For the 3 panel folding door and three panels above it - I paid $2800.

Dunno if that is considered ex or not as I didn't bother to shop around.

Hi Greg, Your Kitchen set up looks great! Could you please tell me how much you paid for the sink and faucet, also where you got it from? Thanks

Hi dezy,

My faucet is from taobao. It's a Don Bracht replica. 580 yuan excl shipping.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19687200218

The sink is also from taobao. Brand is Selena - apparently the OEM for Kraus sink that renotalkers purchase from Amazon.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=21023107851

I paid 560 yuan excl shipping to Singapore.

The faucet height is 70cm so very nice to see when paired with the sink. Glad you like it too!

Hi Greg, is your kitchen/sink countertop a laminated one? If yes, will it have any problem with water? Thanks!

Hi i99box,

My countertop is kompactop. It's not a laminate per se. Some sort of resin material. Waterproof, unlike laminate.

I tested this with the samples they gave me. And after using for 6 months, no issues to date.

I'm also selling my desk/side console at $250 because of space constraints and wanting to re-do layout in my living area.

Please refer to my ad here.

hi greg,

thanks for starting up this t blog. dropped you a pm initially but i think your mailbox is full ;)

1. may i ask how much sharifah charged for your hairpin table & how long did u have to wait?

2. reading through your posts it seems like the taobao purchases ended up with some dents on arrival. are these dents easily fixed, or gotta close one eye and make do?

we saw a few pieces we like and the pricing is attractive (needless to say), but we're hoping not to receive few pieces of slightly damaged goods..

thanks in advance for helping us.

Hi Ime, I've PM-ed you.

hi greg,
thanks for starting up this t blog. dropped you a pm initially but i think your mailbox is full ;)
1. may i ask how much sharifah charged for your hairpin table & how long did u have to wait?
2. reading through your posts it seems like the taobao purchases ended up with some dents on arrival. are these dents easily fixed, or gotta close one eye and make do?
we saw a few pieces we like and the pricing is attractive (needless to say), but we're hoping not to receive few pieces of slightly damaged goods..
thanks in advance for helping us.