Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Dear reglhc

Can you take some close up pictures of HERF floor against the edge of the wall. The width of the plank against the wall. Was it kept nice and tight? I like to see the workmanship. Thanks...

Last week not much action except painting. Mostly because I was waffling about making some decisions.

This week lots of stuff happening.

photo_zps29af4dab.jpg

Flooring being installed, doors being painted (I couldnt bear to change the nyatoh door)

Carpentry and electric will be done this week.

Didn't manage to unbox any taobao stuff last week as I needed to wait, although my hands felt very itchy hee

Later this week should be able to post some reviews of taobao purchases. Can't wait.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi greg can let me know where you went to get the kronos vinyl laminate? we went to floorxpert but they only carry an inhouse brand- la vie at 5.50 psf. another thing is regarding your taobao faucet any issues with installation? need any connectors or everything is included in the order? thank you!

Thanks Agnes for the compliments. My reno process had some downs which were rectified satisfactorily. All in all, I am very satisfied with the outcome.

I think you are referring to my folding door?

That was sourced by my main contractor.

It's a regular black aluminum frame that many renotalkers have used.

For the 3 panel folding door and three panels above it - I paid $2800.

Dunno if that is considered ex or not as I didn't bother to shop around.

Hi dezy,

My faucet is from taobao. It's a Don Bracht replica. 580 yuan excl shipping.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=19687200218

The sink is also from taobao. Brand is Selena - apparently the OEM for Kraus sink that renotalkers purchase from Amazon.

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=21023107851

I paid 560 yuan excl shipping to Singapore.

The faucet height is 70cm so very nice to see when paired with the sink. Glad you like it too!

Hi i99box,

My countertop is kompactop. It's not a laminate per se. Some sort of resin material. Waterproof, unlike laminate.

I tested this with the samples they gave me. And after using for 6 months, no issues to date.

Hi Greglhc, when you buy the sink, does it come with the drainage pipes too? Or you have to buy it separately?

Hi Greg, thank you so much for posting your reno process on the forum! It has definitely been enlightening and I collected many pointers while going through the whole thread.

One question: after staying in your beautiful new place for a few months, are all your TB purchases still in good working condition? In particular those lights and their accompanying bulbs. Am interested in getting my lights from TB but not sure about the quality of the products. Thanks!

Hi Greg! Could you pm me your contractors quote and price for the 1.2m table with hairpin legs? :) Cheers!

Also if possible pictures of the silver trimmed downlights you bought from Taobao. Did you get the 12W Warm White ones?:)

Edited by inxlee

Sorry for late replies!

Dear reglhc

Can you take some close up pictures of HERF floor against the edge of the wall. The width of the plank against the wall. Was it kept nice and tight? I like to see the workmanship. Thanks...

Hi marcel,

Take a look at the pics.

photo1_zps1f2c1e4a.jpg

photo2_zpsf0978cae.jpg

hi greg can let me know where you went to get the kronos vinyl laminate? we went to floorxpert but they only carry an inhouse brand- la vie at 5.50 psf. another thing is regarding your taobao faucet any issues with installation? need any connectors or everything is included in the order? thank you!

Hi LHWH,

My flooring is not laminate. Its a type of vinyl called HERF(high end resilient flooring) and mine is from evorich. It cost me $6 psf before GST incl installation

Taobao faucet installation no problem. It usually comes with connectors - must choose the right option when purchasing.

To my knowledge, the only faucets that may be troublesome are those manufactured for US market e.g, those purchased from amazon. Those will require adaptors to fit our local dimensions.

Hi Greglhc, when you buy the sink, does it come with the drainage pipes too? Or you have to buy it separately?

Hi rainbow, the sink does indeed come with drainage pipes. Just need to choose that option with these accessories when buying from taobao.

Hi Greg, thank you so much for posting your reno process on the forum! It has definitely been enlightening and I collected many pointers while going through the whole thread.

One question: after staying in your beautiful new place for a few months, are all your TB purchases still in good working condition? In particular those lights and their accompanying bulbs. Am interested in getting my lights from TB but not sure about the quality of the products. Thanks!

Hi sleepykunst, I'm glad you found my blog useful!

All my taobao stuff is in working order and trouble-free. No complaints. I did have to change one of the edison bulbs that came with the octopus industrial chandelier. My suggestion is to buy spare edison bulbs to keep since it's considerably cheaper on taobao.

Hi Greg! Could you pm me your contractors quote and price for the 1.2m table with hairpin legs? :) Cheers!

Also if possible pictures of the silver trimmed downlights you bought from Taobao. Did you get the 12W Warm White ones? :)

Hi inxlee,

Do you mean those LED lightbulbs? I got 7W warm white which is is not bright (my intention to use more for mood lighting purposes). I think you will need at least 12W for reading purposes.

My hairpin leg table is from second charm. The lady boss is Sharifah and she is a very reasonable person. I paid roughly 800 plus including transport. Please be mindful that if you order custom dimension stuff, waiting time may be 3 months as her shipments are every quarter.

Can you let know the cost of the countertop kompactop? Thanks

Hi markng37,

kompactop is about 105-110 psf (incl GST and installation)

Thanks - if you are referring to the walls, its a cement plaster. Screed refers to floor.

PM sent!

Hello, I am looking for contractor to do cement screeding yours seems nice. Able to Pm me your contractor?

Hi greg

Love your renovation! Can you pls pm or email your main contractor contact to me?

My email address begoniacl@gmail.com.

Thanks a zillion :)

Thanks Begonia! I've PM-ed you my contractor's contact details.

Hi greg

Love your renovation! Can you pls pm or email your main contractor contact to me?

My email address begoniacl@gmail.com.

Thanks a zillion :)