Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey greglhc thanks for sending the ID/contractor contact.

I noticed you chose to overlay instead of hacking your floor. I heard this might caused uneven surface if the original flooring is not completely flat, and the extra layer may obstruct the doors from closing properly. Did you encountered any of such issues?

Mine is a premium flat and it comes with reflective homogeneous tiles which don't fit the industrial look I want to create, that's why I'm seeking your advice. Thanks!

Hey stealth0128,

I wanted to hack initially but my contractor told me to save money on that. The original flooring is marble in the living room and timber in the bedroom. Those were flat and level to begin with. The kitchen was tiled and unfortunately the floor was uneven there.

So after overlay, everywhere is level except the kitchen. But I have to say it is hardly noticeable and none of my guests have noticed it until I point it out.

In your case, I would assess the condition of homogenous tiles. If it's level, I would just overlay. For the doors, u may need to get a subcon to shave off a little of the bottom portion. I did this for three doors - main door and doors to the storage area. Cost about $150 or so. My doors are solid nyatoh wood - not sure if can do the same with veneer ones.

Hi Bro, could you please kindly share with me your contractor's contact? I have a small budget and I probably will just do some simple reno on my new purchase resale 3rms flat.

Thanks.

Hi vuzu, the terrarium is from taobao. The wood is driftwood from those aquarium shops and the plant is from the local nurseries.

Could I have the link of the terrarium you bought from taobao? Thanks.

Hi! My gosh, I love your place.

would it be possible to get the contractors details whom you were deciding between? I have a tight budget and probably can't go the ID route... Thanks much

Thanks for sending the PM for your contractor.

He sounds really busy! It must be from your referrals from the forum. Hopefully his price quotations aren't escalating because of the increased volume! But will keep you updated if we do use him.

Love your place and the industrial loft concept - we're going for the rustic industrial look (ie, cheap and upcycled) so it would be a great fit. Thanks again!

Hi Greglhc,

This maybe a old reno blog, but it is really an interesting read for me! Going thru all the pages i cant locate who you used for your reno. Hope you can share your ID/contractor's contact with me.

I really appreciate the help given in advance.

Thanks

Hi Greg, care to share link for the colourful rug?

Hi lonestar, I checked and they no longer stock it. On the other hand, it is not going to fit my lifestyle in the near future (intending to get a fur kid) so would like to rehome this rug. PM me if you are interested.

Hi Greglhc,

This maybe a old reno blog, but it is really an interesting read for me! Going thru all the pages i cant locate who you used for your reno. Hope you can share your ID/contractor's contact with me.

I really appreciate the help given in advance.

Thanks

Hi marc31kelly, I'll PM his details to you. Gd luck!

Hello Greglhc,

About the window grass, this is also good for outdoors?

Could I also have the TB link for the teal rug?

Hi where did u get your bay window grass from ?

Hi where did u get your bay window grass from ?

Hi bianzi, it's from overture. Similar types can found in other shops such as far east flora

Hello Greglhc,

About the window grass, this is also good for outdoors?

Could I also have the TB link for the teal rug?

Hi BunBun, the turf is meant for outdoor purposes, though you need to have the drainage cells below. I have used it outdoors, exposed to full sun and rain. No issues.

I didn't buy the rug from taobao so don't have the link anymore. Sorry!

Hi greglhc,

Great to hear that about the turf. Will consider to get the turf. Thank you! . :thumbs up:

Hi bianzi, it's from overture. Similar types can found in other shops such as far east flora

Hi BunBun, the turf is meant for outdoor purposes, though you need to have the drainage cells below. I have used it outdoors, exposed to full sun and rain. No issues.

I didn't buy the rug from taobao so don't have the link anymore. Sorry!

Edited by BunBun