Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eunicelowyl

Wall Seepage Outside Toilet Wall

Dear All,

I've move in to my new HDB flat for 1 yr and recently I found out that there was water stain marks appearing on the external toilet walls.

The toilet area is consider dry area as there is no source of water and no conceal water pipe.

Anyone have similar encounters? Appreciate you can share with me how to solve the problem.Lots of thanks.

Edited by eunicelowyl

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dear All,

I've move in to my new HDB flat for 1 yr and recently I found out that there was water stain marks appearing on the external toilet walls.

The toilet area is consider dry area as there is no source of water and no conceal water pipe.

Anyone have similar encounters? Appreciate you can share with me how to solve the problem.Lots of thanks.

Maybe post some pictures so we can have a better picture of the situation?

Hi Potatoes/ Pelect,

Kindly enlighten me how to upload a photo thru the thread here?

I try to click the image icon but they prompt me to key in URL. I'm puzzle... =[

Lots of thanks

Hi Potatoes/ Pelect,

Kindly enlighten me how to upload a photo thru the thread here?

I try to click the image icon but they prompt me to key in URL. I'm puzzle... =[

Lots of thanks

Hi Eunice,

Here is the link to help you post pictures:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/60248-guide-to-upload-photos/

It would help if you also describe which walls connect with the wall that is leaking.

Dear All,

The stain marks should be either at the top or bottom of the wall. If its at the top, it will be from the upstairs neighbour's toilet. They might have done a renovation, change tiles and the worker may accidently punctured the waterproofing.

If its at the bottom of the external wall, it may be your L-lapping water proofing wasn't done properly and moisture seeps out. Hope this helps

Here is a photo of the situation I am facing...... my ID is coming tmr to fix this problem. Not sure what he is going to do to rectify this problem.

20130815_183018_zps57d979b9.jpg

Dear Pelect,

Thanks for the guidance! After serveral attempts, finally I can upload the image.

I've reported the matter to HDB and they are coming over to check tomorrow.

Will update you guys on HDB's comment.

gallery_55819_105_69661.jpg

Edited by eunicelowyl

Not quite sure if this is due to the cement not fully cured before painting.

Do you have a bathtub behind this wall?

Mind if you share with us what your ID says.

Here is a photo of the situation I am facing...... my ID is coming tmr to fix this problem. Not sure what he is going to do to rectify this problem.

20130815_183018_zps57d979b9.jpg

From the photo, other than the stain, it looks ok.

Did you ever rest any tables, bicycles, mops, etc on this wall?

Anyway, pls share what HDB says.

gallery_55819_105_160703.jpg

gallery_55819_105_41651.jpg

This is the driest area in my common bathroom. I don't place anything area. There are also no conceal piping.

Nice and clear picture!

Just curious. It looks like the piping for the wash basin is concealed?

Did HDB give you any feedback?

gallery_55819_105_41651.jpg

This is the driest area in my common bathroom. I don't place anything area. There are also no conceal piping.

I have similar situation as you and have shared my pic with you. My contractor came and rectified the water seepage problem for me today......it has to do with poor water proofing. The worker re waterproof the flooring and walls by pumping in a certain chemical into the surface. As of now, it seems alright. Hope everything will be good after this.