Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
joekwp

Journey To My First Home - Punggol Emerald

PCD is 4th Qtr 2013.

I have done 'research' work more than six months ago. Read up alot though I think we didn't do enough, we have our ID firm confirmed during an exhibition show.

Have done extensive Magazine, website reno and design read up, visiting friend's home, appliances 'research', reno advices and so on.

Below is the floor plan of the house.

gallery_54413_3_11974.jpg

Shall update more when nearer to the reno date

Hope this is a good start

Edited by joekwp

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi joekwp, we will be neighbors, we are waiting for our HLE 4thQ.

Would you mind to share the Sqm for our kitchen ... I'm so eager to know. We bought a 5room flat too.

Hi joekwp, we will be neighbors, we are waiting for our HLE 4thQ.

Would you mind to share the Sqm for our kitchen ... I'm so eager to know. We bought a 5room flat too.

According to the floor plan, my kitchen is around 11.6Sqm.

This kitchen is slightly bigger than some of the 4 room flat in Emerald, and the living room is smaller because of that.

You can see from the obvious length of the living/dining hall, just 6.8m only, whereby others can be from 7+ to 8+ meters.

What do you mean you are still waiting for your HLE? I thought its settled during application?

Anyway, mine is a 4 room flat :-)

Thanks so much for the measurements.

Apparently my HLE is expired and so they will send in a new application form closer to the date.

I'm guessing the kitchen won't be anymore bigger than yours. I'm really dreading it cause we are so fond of cooking.

Thanks again.

D

Apparently my HLE is expired and so they will send in a new application form closer to the date.

I'm guessing the kitchen won't be anymore bigger than yours. I'm really dreading it cause we are so fond of cooking.

Thanks again.

D

You may probably consider taking bank loan, the rate should be better than HDB (you may check again).

I know what you mean by having big kitchen because of fond of cooking especially the preparation of food.

However I am doing the opposite, I'm 'cutting' out part of the kitchen for a small eating area. The actual dining area becomes a void area so that it looks spacious, dining table can be fold down when there are guests. See the picture below and you will understand.

I'm using iPad, hence can't have a better resolution pic.

gallery_54413_103_31304.jpg

Just to update a little bit more.

I had done a 3D of my future home some time ago. This is just to show how excited I am :jammin: even though PCD is still some time away.

gallery_54413_103_46556.jpg

And below are the original tiles from HDB for the Bathroom, Kitchen and Service Yard

gallery_54413_103_646998.jpg

Kitchen Ceramic Wall Tiles

gallery_54413_103_566295.jpg

Master & Common Bathroom Floor Tiles

gallery_54413_103_96945.jpg

Kitchen and Service Yard Floor Tile

Update of Purchases

- ID Company confirmed - 20% of package paid

- Locked price of TV, Washer and Fridge @ Mega Discount Store (Fridge - needed for the Dimension for Kitchen)

- Flooring - Laminate flooring for entire house @ $1.99/sqft

- King Size Mattress

Thanks again.

D

Hi DMac, once your HLE is approved and valid during option to purchase, there's no need to apply again. If not it does not make sense to apply the last time. Btw the bank loan definitely has lower interest rate be it fixed or floating rate now, but that's only the beginning few years of the loan, after which if you still want lower interest rate, may need to refinance.

It's quite a tricky stuff, to choose between HDB concessionary loan and bank loan, each has its own pros and cons. Of course the safest is to get HDB loan.

Though I have an ID, I still prefer to do some design myself and propose to him and let him help to alter using his 'professional' point of view.

The design here is not detailed, main difference is the placement of the fridge in kitchen, to create a little more space for a small table and chairs.

I will only show my ID's design after the finalisation.

gallery_54413_103_43789.jpg

Fridge placed near entrance of kitchen, create more space inside, but too near to cooking hob.

gallery_54413_103_71717.jpg

Fridge placed opposite the entrance of kitchen, feels a little tight cos of height of fridge.

According to the floor plan, my kitchen is around 11.6Sqm.

This kitchen is slightly bigger than some of the 4 room flat in Emerald, and the living room is smaller because of that.

You can see from the obvious length of the living/dining hall, just 6.8m only, whereby others can be from 7+ to 8+ meters.

What do you mean you are still waiting for your HLE? I thought its settled during application?

Anyway, mine is a 4 room flat :-)

My unit's dimensions are exactly identical, just a lateral inversion difference.

Our kitchen is relatively larger than most 4-room units in Punggol, so much I am considering having cabinets on both sides of the walls.

My unit's dimensions are exactly identical, just a lateral inversion difference.

Our kitchen is relatively larger than most 4-room units in Punggol, so much I am considering having cabinets on both sides of the walls.

Larger only in terms of length. The width of the kitchen is still the same with other Punggol Emerald at about 2.4m :-) I supposed you are in the closed group FB?