Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi Forumers,

Finally it's my turn of fulfulling my dreams of building a new home. Its so excited after going thru' all the obstacles of purchasing my new home. Phew! its never an easy task.

Thru' my friend's recommendation, i was introduced to a guy called Nicholas from Renoguyz. Quite a funny cheezy name.

Read a few articles about him here, kiasu abit. Better to be safe than sorry.

Finally arranged an appt with him today and we met at McDonald instead of an office. Wearing T-shirt, Berm, slippers and sling bag. Impression of him drop. However, i am mentally prepared after reading kiddo14 thread. LOL... Indeed as he mentioned.

Here, he introduced himself as That ID shoppe instead, i was taken back. He later explained he is expanding after doing freelance. Gossiping abit about his past before we briefly go thru the details of my needs.

i would say he is kinda detailed in explaining, giving a brief quotation on the spot. My impression of him improves. I am waiting for his proper quotes later. i didn't ask much about his new shop as he told me its in progress.

i dunno who else kena, i was recently informed that i am getting my new keys much earlier and now i am in panic station. how now! i just want to be extra safe than sorry.

I've seen his workmanship at my friend's house, chat with him, he is one of his preferred one compared to other IDs i visited.

Anyone who used him, care to share with me his character, his sense of responsibilites, his attentiveness and so forth.

I don't wish to put my whole life savings into disaster.

After the meeting, i was given a small envelope, a complimentary welcome gift from their new shop. Its a pair of tickets to Garden by the Bay. Finally, i can bring my daughter over next Sunday.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

my bto 4 room flat is currently under his care.

Overall quoted package is reasonable. Willing to compromise to meet my budget.(My cabinet mostly built in type)

So far the workmanship on floor tiling, false ceiling are pretty good. Electrical wiring job quite ok.

To save $$, find own contractor for aircon (Tim Wong) & window grills (Andy). All done. Pretty good services and products

Except need to coordinate ownself.

Prompt responsive, normally we discuss via whatapps besides usual meetup. To me, he is quite flexible and easy going guy.

At times, when the actual quote is higher than estimated quoted price, he will try his level best to absorb the difference. Or charge you at cost.

Painting jobs 1st coat done, as usual, need some touch up. Change 2 paints to nippon all in one, cost absorb :D

Kitchen carpentry done except granite table, workmanship passed! Ours using funky white laminate.

Next all rooms cabinet.. stay tune.

Edited by ptc77

On 8/18/2013 at 9:58 PM, angielika said:

i would say he is kinda detailed in explaining, giving a brief quotation on the spot. My impression of him improves. I am waiting for his proper quotes later. i didn't ask much about his new shop as he told me its in progress.

i dunno who else kena, i was recently informed that i am getting my new keys much earlier and now i am in panic station. how now! i just want to be extra safe than sorry.

I've seen his workmanship at my friend's house, chat with him, he is one of his preferred one compared to other IDs i visited.

Thank you for sharing your experience!