Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mamapanda

Urgent Advice Needed On Lighting Installation Charges!

Hi I am urgently looking for a reliable electrician or someone who knows how to install lights to hang up/install 10 lights I bought from Ikea for my new 3 rm bto flat. I am not needing any rewiring or anything as I am hanging them at hdb's original lighting points. Just that simple. But I was quoted $35 for each lighting installation plus an additional $50 transport fee by one electrician I found online. So total adds up to $400.

Have I been over quoted??? Is this the market rate just to install one light? $35? I bought 4 small ceiling hanging lights and 6 normal ceiling lights.

Please anyone, this is URGENT.

P.S If anyone has a reliable cheaper electrician, pls pm me. Greatly appreciated. =(

Edited by mamapanda

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi I am urgently looking for a reliable electrician or someone who knows how to install lights to hang up/install 10 lights I bought from Ikea for my new 3 rm bto flat. I am not needing any rewiring or anything as I am hanging them at hdb's original lighting points. Just that simple. But I was quoted $35 for each lighting installation plus an additional $50 transport fee by one electrician I found online. So total adds up to $400.

Have I been over quoted??? Is this the market rate just to install one light? $35? I bought 4 small ceiling hanging lights and 6 normal ceiling lights.

Please anyone, this is URGENT.

P.S If anyone has a reliable cheaper electrician, pls pm me. Greatly appreciated. =(

Edited by mamapanda

Hi Mamapanda,

It seems what you have is just normal mounting of ceiling lights. I dont think you need any electricians since youre not rewiring or adding additional lighting points. Im sure the lights you bought from Ikea comes with installation instructions which you can do yourself. Maybe you can post pics of the lights and your lighting points so forumers and help you better?

quoted $35 for each lighting installation

quite standard

plus an additional $50 transport fee

don't know

Hi Mamapanda,

It seems what you have is just normal mounting of ceiling lights. I dont think you need any electricians since youre not rewiring or adding additional lighting points. Im sure the lights you bought from Ikea comes with installation instructions which you can do yourself. Maybe you can post pics of the lights and your lighting points so forumers and help you better?

I don't recommend to DIY the light installation if the installer has no knowledge on electric

BTW, TS

I notice you had ask about downlight installation on 29 July.Just curious, why the installation of 26 downlight is not install together with your 10 light?

BTW, TS. I combine both of your same topic