Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Jnohclee

Our Hweeyooooh Renovation

The electrician came down to fix up so lights so today's post will be on lighting :)

Picture2356_zps4e60a4c8.jpg

Picture2357_zpsadc5d2f5.jpg

This is the light at the entrance of the mbr toilet.

Picture2354_zps6f3d441b.jpg

Picture2359_zpsfcd0eec1.jpg

This is the reading room light , switched on and off

Picture2358_zps4fae0f81.jpg

We have a simple light for our mbr toilet

Picture2362_zpsdeda19dd.jpg

And this is the fanco ceiling fan we are putting up in both rooms upstairs.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The ceiling fan was fitted and silly us actually wanted the ceiling fan light to be the only source of light for our mbr.....

Obviously ,to us now, it is not bright enough.....so we went out to get a track light for the mbr.

Picture2417_zpsdb6a3895.jpg

Below is the bar counter light that we got from id recommended shop. We realised it seems to be quite pricey after buying. shucks.......But it kind of looks nice :)

And contractor will be changing the laminate of the bar counter as i feel that the whole counter seems too black.

Not lucky :no:

Picture2414_zps0c40b74c.jpg

Yesterday the workers work till 10 pm to put up this stucco wall with a brick wall effect. :)

i think it looks quite good. we asked them not to smoothen the wall , but to leave it a little rough.

Picture2416_zps5b343757.jpg

above is a close up .

Below will be a wider view of our living....still wondering if the existing tiles look weird merging into the new wooden tiles we chose,,,

Picture2415_zpse1078407.jpg

This will be a bag display case for my wife's many handbags...

woman..... :help:

Picture2419_zps6e1e1384.jpg

This is our mbr toilet entrance with door open and closed.

love the door! missing a handle now.

Picture2420_zpsaf3d6b84.jpgPicture2421_zpscbfdfe44.jpg

Our mbr sink fountain tap. but it seems to be splashing a bit sideways ...hmmm.....wondering if we should get it changed.

Picture2424_zpsab228ae2.jpg

Lastly for today , the interior of our wardrobe lighted up now :good:

Picture2425_zps6a3049e5.jpg

We like the Victorian kind of design , so we set about finding our furniture . But the shops that sell this kind of design are so expensive. We were rather disheartened and even thought of going to malaysia to search. Until we found this online furniture shop. And we loved it. Although it was a bit difficult contacting them but we managed to view some pieces in their tiny half shop showroom here and we thought the quality was not bad considering the price so we went for it.

The Sofa we chose :

Picture1921_zps3e1b186d.jpg

The chaise that we bought on the spot. We initially wanted a normal lounge chaise but this single seater chaise seems so unique.

Picture1933_zps9a80b39f.jpg

A coffee table to match the sofa

Picture1948_zpse771edc7.jpg

And finally this armchair. The moment my wife saw it , it was a done deal. Her fascination w pink.

Picture1947_zps65b324a0.jpg

My husband and I have been looking at the same site for the last year, we are considering a dining set, please do post lots of photos when your stuff comes in!! Love the sofa you choose!

My husband and I have been looking at the same site for the last year, we are considering a dining set, please do post lots of photos when your stuff comes in!! Love the sofa you choose!

Hi freshberrie!

We are anxiously waiting for the delivery. Hopefully it is coming in soon. Delivery seems quite slow :(

I have to move my dining table to the living room so that i can eat and watch tv at the same time

Hi freshberrie!

We are anxiously waiting for the delivery. Hopefully it is coming in soon. Delivery seems quite slow :(

I have to move my dining table to the living room so that i can eat and watch tv at the same time

hahhahhah

that's what we do too - only difference is that we eat on the coffee table instead

shouldn't have wasted money on the dining table hahahah

Ok so our reno is coming to a close. Just pending some rectifications and touch ups and postphoned installations by our ID.

Have realised that i have not talked about my ID at all . I shall leave it to a later post after everything is completed.

For now these will be the photos of our new home , more or less , fully completed.

Picture2495_zpse4c52bea.jpg

This will be the view from the entrance. You can see a hint of the bar counter we installed , the storeroom door that we changed and the staircase railing that we installed on top of the glass railing.

Picture2496_zps26dca2b5.jpg

This is the dining area. ID put up some wood trimmings on the wall to frame the tv that the previous owner left us. hmmm....some touch ups required over here. Our crate and barrel 82 inch dining table will be placed here too but currently i have placed it in front of the TV in the living room so that i can watch tv n eat at the same time. Hhaha. Fav activities.

Picture2498_zps7abb3128.jpg

This is the bar counter that we have set up. We removed the existing glass door and placed a bar counter so that my wife can bake / cook and we can eat and host guests. My ID initially built it with all the laminates in black and after it was done i thought it looked like one big black blob....So i asked them to change it to a wooden textured and colored laminate and i think it looks much better :)

Picture2494_zps33e1a801.jpg

This is my living room. Floor tiles are original except for the balcony where we changed to a wooden tile. We built a stucco brick like wall. But there are some issues here too. The ID opened up 2 holes for the wires before we purchased the tv console and it turned out the tv console was too low so the lower hole can be seen. So i have had to use my speaker to cover it. I initially also wanted alot more power sockets but my id said that 4 is enough. Now i have already used up all the power sockets (1 for tv , 1 for starhub , 1 for ps3 and 1 for speaker) and i hate using the multi-taps. zzzzzz...... note : in future insist on putting up more rather then less.....

So this is it for the first level for now. I forgot to take photos of my furniture ..... will take some photos soon and post it up.

Next will be for the 2nd level...

Looks good Jnohclee!

Congrats on the completion of your hweeyooooh renovation hahahhaha

Thanks zihui! Congrats on your completion too :) Hope you will finish unpacking soon!!

So today i shall post on the 2nd level.

Picture2499_zps8af6c531.jpg

Up there will be the staircase. We added a wooden handrail and when we saw it we loved the color and the woodgrain so we told the carpenter not to stain it.

The white louvre window is finally fitted into the hole we hacked for the room. It is now much more airy and bright.

And the lights for the stairwell is finally fitted after the lighting guys had to bring it back to extend the chain. They forgot to measure for the height of 2 stories thus it was much too short after their first fitting.

Picture2500_zps4695d672.jpg

Here is a better photo of the lights. These are actually 3 individual outdoor lights but we like the design and so they were very kind to fit these 3 lights onto a base and extended the chain too. :good:

Picture2502_zpsacea03e6.jpg

This is the previous MBR. We didnt do much to it except removing the old TV feature wall ,which comes with a WIW, the bed head , the accompanying bedside table , window ledge table , hacking a hole in the wall looking towards the staircase and giving it a Baskin Robbins kind of paint. Haha. Oh and adding a ceiling fan. With light.

Picture2505_zpsa94b2e35.jpg

We combined the other 2 rooms into a new MBR. So 1 bedroom is for us to sleep in and the other is my wifes WIW , bookshelf , dressing table and entrance to the new MBR toilet. This view is the entrance to her WIW. The glass display that is lighted up is for her handbags.

This chandelier gave us so much headache. The one we chose initially was too big. Our id forgot to measure the height of the room.....(he went down to choose the lights with us). He also forgot to measure the length of the wardrobe doors ,so the inital placement of the chandelier will block the wardrobe doors from opening....

After all that fiasco , we went down to choose the chandelier again and finally decided on this one.

Picture2504_zpsdf3a1b3d.jpg

This is the view of the chandelier lighted up. Behind it you can see the full height mirror constructed by our ID. Though you can't see it in the photo (i was using a camera phone) , the frame of the mirror is actually a very nice leather kind of laminate. So impressed by the wide variety of laminates nowadays.

And the open door leads to our new MBR toilet. These are wooden doors with a clear glass in the middle. We saw them at duxton hill and we thought it looks very nice and not very intrusive when opened up as the length is essentially halved.

Picture2506_zps91e009aa.jpg

This will be our vanity with a top mount sink. Our ID has kindly built this mirror with storage in it for us and with lighting on top and below it. Looks quite nice. Initially we wanted a double vanity so we can wash our faces and do whatever nonsense we need to together. But the space is too small.....so we had to settle for this. :( Which is made more sad as recently we saw a vanity sink in Ikea that fits perfectly and is really nice (to us) ....but this is all fixed already....i wonder if my ID will faint if i ask him to change? :yeah:

Picture2507_zps277aa3c6.jpg

A closer look at the tiles we chose. Parquet for the bedroom floor , wood like tiles for the dry area of the toilet and stone like tiles for the wet area. Our ID commented that the tiles we chose are too rough and is more suitable for carpark :blink:

Picture2508_zpsf3556562.jpg

Finally our throne of the house. Oh , we also installed a glass screen to keep the water in. And also a kdk fan in the window to ventilate the air after we poop. :thumbs up:

So this is most of the renovations that we have done. Till date....so far....haha.

Yesterday we had a most anticipated delivery.

Our Pink auto-defrost SMEG 2 door fridge!!!!!!

Here are the photos!

Picture2529_zps5beffd58.jpgPicture2530_zpsd8418b72.jpg

Unfortunately , as you can see from the 1st photo. Our electric socket is quite high up and the Smeg fridge's plug is very short and it is to be found at the bottom of the fridge. Thus , we have to call up the technical division to extend the plug. Wonder how long it will take....in the meantime we will have to use an extension cord to fire up the Smeg :)

Not lucky :no:

Yesterday the workers work till 10 pm to put up this stucco wall with a brick wall effect. :)

i think it looks quite good. we asked them not to smoothen the wall , but to leave it a little rough.

Picture2416_zps5b343757.jpg

above is a close up .

Below will be a wider view of our living....still wondering if the existing tiles look weird merging into the new wooden tiles we chose,,,

Picture2415_zpse1078407.jpg

hello! i noticed you did the stucco wall. any idea if it's cheaper than craft brick wall?

Edited by retchlow