Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cat130487

Should I Purchase In Jb Or Sg?

Pls advise

I need to buy bedroom furniture like beds mattres tv console study table n toilet accessories ?

Should i buy frm sg or msia?

Any good recommendation in jb ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hihi... buy jb is because is cheaper right... why not try buying online cos its cheaper also... why buy jb and so troublesome and harder to find them if problem arise....

since ur tolerance is high enough go online... i am a satisfied online shopper... hehehe

JB is cheap but when they bring over to SGP. it will be subjected to GST.

And u need to call and call , go after them for deliver date and time.

And no proper warranty. In the sense that if spoil, you need to bring it into jb, let them fix and bring it back yourself. If they cannot fix on the same day means double trip.

That's why when I bought my lights, I got it from SG despite knowing that JB is cheaper. Not worth the effort, IMO. The light shop I bought from is a home biz and they are very friendly and personable. They give 2 year onsite warranty, which almost no other light shop gives so I am quite assured of their quality.

PM me if you want their contact.

Buying from Malaysia is definitely cheaper for many things. However I would suggest you do a check on the prices in Singapore 1st before you go Malaysia.

Also, if you are buying from Malaysia, buy from reputable places and do a bit of research on the shops and you'll find if there are any complains about them on the internet.

Also, check to make sure they deliver to your place and also how much they charge for delivery ( for heavy items). If they don't deliver to your place, do you have transportation and manpower to deliver yourself?

Also, if you know how to bargain, you can get pretty good prices in Malaysia for quality materials.

I practically bought most of my stuff from Malaysia. I saved a couple of thousand dollars.

Only the electrical appliances I bought from Singapore as its more logical to buy from Singapore.

For me, I never chased any of the furniture shops or go cheated etc.... probably because I spent quite a bit of research as well as used the shops that I know others have used and didn't have problems.

Finally, calculate the total cost of buy from Malaysia and compare it to Singapore. If the savings is big then do it. If the savings is very small, whats the point of of all the hassle.

For me, I bought all from Malaysia as I felt for the quality for the price was good and I saved quite a lot that I can use for other renovation needs.

Hope this helps.