Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sniper

Punggol Project Reno Journey

Hi All forum readers, after introduce to this forum through a friend I got lots of useful ideas and advice through the experience written by all. Now since I have confirm on which ID, it time I write my journey.

3 years ago make a very big mistake into choosing this flat at the last min at HDB office. After reaching the selection office before 5min of appointment those high level and those preferred units were all taken up, when we went in, there was not much choice(all were low floor). As this was my second chance on so call priority queue (after giving up a chance on select a unit early) the officer said if I give up again I will not be on priority list. (I have forgotten that I still have got a good number on another BTO flat which is coming after this) The HDB officer should have told me rite...

My wife was tired of waiting as after numerous BTO/Balance try this was the time we can chose, so we decided on a unit. Good thing is quite near to mrt.

So finally after years of waiting, HDB call to collect keys. It was being delay for two months, reason was that I was on a new job so they can't evaluate my HLE(for those collecting keys soon, if u don't want to go through the trouble like me, pls tahan on yr job before changing)

Finally collect keys before B festival, so the journey began of designing our house...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Have tried to upload picture as shown in gallery, but is said error as file too big?(still within the file size leh) Anybody can teach?

hello sniper, looking forward to your t-blog.

i post mine on flickr, its free to sign up for a acc.

from there just get the BB code, and copy past here.

RT has a limit on how many photos you can upload, so will run out of space eventually.

hope this helps.

cheers

9591258872_9f7bb372ea_m.jpg

My floor Plan(flat getting smaller and smaller for poor ppl like us) Look at the size of my MBR and toilet (sianz)

Edited by Sniper

After a few weeks looking for a ID, finally decided on which one and has paid a deposit...My story during this period as follow having meet 4 ID company. After collectiing keys went down to expo to see see look look...Few ID firm was there but i did not stop at any cause after seeing those not so familar names so i politely said No. But happen to pass by one and the ID was very persistent and said they have a showroom so decided to stop and take a look. The showroom was beautiful done and the wardorbe was the design my wife wanted so listen to his proposal....

1) Cr....Des- Was having a package deal. But after adding those design we wanted, the second meet up of seeing the quotation was that it seems too high. Either good or no good in his follow up...call me after 2 weeks...reply that his price is the most expensive...

2) Su...Des- After reading the forum heard that their price are reasonable but the ID i met seems not able to click with me leh(might be my problem instead). Was very good in his follow up and call me to talk abt discount and ask me to go down his office to discuss again. But i have already decided not to go with him as i scared communication might be a problem later

3) Gol...San- We saw he done the reno for my wife friend house and was impressed. So contact him and managed to baragin to a comfortable price

4) D...d-Got this contact through a member here as i was impressed by her writing on her reno journey. Meet him up. friendly chap and price is reasonable as well. But have to drop him after final discussion with wife

Finally decided to give the reno job to the 3rd ID. Hope it turns out well

9662618679_a89efe1a33_m.jpg9662619261_1e67c6d0e2_m.jpg9665852244_9a2787ecf9_m.jpg

Receive the 3D from my ID. Any comment? Somehow I told him kitchen combine red and white but the outcome he do seems not nice. Will ask him change again

Edited by Sniper

Hey Sniper, welcome to Renotalk and good luck on your renovation :)

One point I can share with you is the design of your TV feature wall. With the current layout of the lines behind, the size of TV that will look nice will be quite restricted. If you're planning in getting a fixed size TV that's fine, but I personally prefer flexibility :)

Also, as for the rendering, the light cast down doesn't follow the actual light positions. Lights are a really important part of a house and is not easy to change later, so I would ask your ID to think about that a bit more.

Good luck!

9662618679_a89efe1a33_m.jpg9662619261_1e67c6d0e2_m.jpg9665852244_9a2787ecf9_m.jpg

Receive the 3D from my ID. Any comment? Somehow I told him kitchen combine red and white but the outcome he do seems not nice. Will ask him change again

I think there is too much "red" in your kitchen. If you like white and red, then it should be more of white base and red trimmings? If not look like Singapore flag, just short of 5 stars and a crescent

Hi everyone Reno has started and wan post picture to share but seems can't upload. Try few times but still can't .

Has anyone got install window at their service yard. Can give contact as wan install 3 piece window there.