Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

After months and months of reading the various t-Blogs on Renotalk, I finally managed to get down to starting my own t-blog to document my renovation process and journey.

My apartment is a ground floor unit with a huge patio and the reason i bought it is (besides the location) is actually the big patio that I could make use of for hosting dinner parties since space is a luxury these days. Oh well, if given a choice obviously I wouldn't get a ground floor unit given it's potential privacy issues.

Below is the original layout of my apartment:

gallery_47921_4_54765.jpg

I got the keys to my apartment during mid-June and the renovation started on 5 Aug.. phew!

I actually spoke to a few Interior design firms before choosing my current firm as I feel that the designer is able to achieve the look i want.

My last experience with another ID firm wasn't good at all but that doesn't deter me from choosing to use an ID again. I'm just more cautious this time round , hoping that my ID is able to deliver what was promised! keeping my fingers xx

Many people actually asked me why am i doing such a major renovation when the apartment is actually pretty much done up. The reason is becos im really tired of shifting around for the past few years... i think my record is 4 times in the past 6-7 years.... really very tiring! Therefore, i wana make my apartment a place i could call HOME :P. Given the new property measures, it's impossible for me to sell my apartment for the next few years so i might as well do it up to my fancy and park myself there for the many years to come :lol:

Edited by sleepybeauty

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Nice layout. A lot of potential. One of the things I really wanted was a separation of wet and dry part of bathroom but mine didn't allow for it. Look fwd to seeing more pics!

Nice layout. A lot of potential. One of the things I really wanted was a separation of wet and dry part of bathroom but mine didn't allow for it. Look fwd to seeing more pics!

thank you! i kinda like the layout too but unfortunately im tearing down the walls at my kitchen/dining area to make way for an open kitchen concept.. and repositioning the door for bedroom 1 (original floor plan stated bedroom 2) to build a walk-in wardrobe there ;)

gallery_47921_4_114.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

oh ya, was so glad to snap this piece of rug from Boconcept at 40% off!

hopefully, it's big enough to cover the hideous marble flooring (at the living area) that was provided by the developer of the condo :~

>gallery_47921_112_118457.jpg

and below is the final layout for my apartment:

gallery_47921_112_31914.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

:) hello neighbor. i have exactly the same layout without the patio. have you started your reno?

hi there neighbour! yep reno is on the way... into my 4th week of reno actually... this week they are doing up the tiling.. next week should be carpentry works.. but i haven't finalised the carpentry design yet.. more or less fixed but yet to choose materials...

have u shift in yet?

Edited by sleepybeauty

hi hi,

not yet as i have just started my reno cos i am the 2nd batch to collect the keys.. I am hoping to move in by mid oct. So i guess you can move in soon ?

hi hi,

not yet as i have just started my reno cos i am the 2nd batch to collect the keys.. I am hoping to move in by mid oct. So i guess you can move in soon ?

how major/ minor is your reno? i think im only looking to move in earliest october as the bed frame that i have ordered will only be arriving some time in october (not sure when) plus... i still hvn't shop for a couch yet! HELP!

Edited by sleepybeauty

Need some ideas on pendent light ... sort of like a centrepiece over my kitchen island.

I have been scouting on the net and found a few that suits the industrial theme (although mine is not the raw industrial style). The colour theme used for my kitchen are mainly grey, wood grains & stainless steel.

The 3D rendering of how my kitchen should look like:

gallery_47921_112_172695.jpg

option 1:

gallery_47921_112_9093.jpg

option 2:

gallery_47921_112_79563.jpg

option 3:

gallery_47921_112_5134.jpg

feel free to comment and give me more ideas! appreciate that in advance :help:

Edited by sleepybeauty

• Like 1

Hi Sleeping beauty,

I am not doing major reno.. will be re-tiling my balcony tiles, change the shoe cabinets doors, hv a brick wall **** and some carpentry for dining and the rooms. how about yourself? you going with id or contractor?