Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepybeauty

My Dark, Industrial-Style Apartment

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After much thought, finally decide to purchased this over the weekend:

gallery_47921_7_39897.jpg

Italian brand FOSTER kitchen sink for only $788 (after 20% discount from kitchen culture) ! hooray! love the straight edge that makes it look so sleek!

but hor... cleanning will be a problem.. not kidding you. Coming from the man who cleans the dishes after dinner.

I have been warned by Vanessa too.. But thanks! hehe I guess I just gotta be more diligent in cleaning it.

Fret not, I bought a dishwasher too so that should help as well cos I really hate washing dishes

I have been warned by Vanessa too.. But thanks! hehe I guess I just gotta be more diligent in cleaning it.

Fret not, I bought a dishwasher too so that should help as well cos I really hate washing dishes

It is the pots and pans that will be the biggest pain actually...cos onions etc stuck to the side of the pot after dishing out. Well it is done...enjoy the sink...make sure the water pressure is good...cleaning the sink fast will be easier then :)

Hi sleepybeauty,

I will add my 2 cents about LED lights

From economic perspective, the main attractive point about LED lights is that they consume a lot less electricity in order to produce the same amount of light. Also therefore do not generate as much heat.

However, they cost significantly more and from this perspective, I think it takes like 4-5 years to recoup your ROI. You can google around for some estimates. I guess it's highly dependent on how often they are left running as well.

hmm i didn't really compare against phillips one except via the website lightings.com.sg , however the specs for the philips LED and the one i got are slightly different. Thus, it's not really a fair comparison ... my LED lights are definitely pricier than the philips one i think

will pm u seperately. thanks

Hi sleepybeauty,

I will add my 2 cents about LED lights

From economic perspective, the main attractive point about LED lights is that they consume a lot less electricity in order to produce the same amount of light. Also therefore do not generate as much heat.

However, they cost significantly more and from this perspective, I think it takes like 4-5 years to recoup your ROI. You can google around for some estimates. I guess it's highly dependent on how often they are left running as well.

hi greg, thanks for sharing ur view.. i guess the most attractive draw factor for the LED lights should be the fact that they do not generate as much heat. I remembered my previous apartment i was using alot of halogen lights and they really make you feel hot after being under it for a while.

cost wise, LED are definitely alot more expensive than the norm ones and i can really feel the pinch to have to fork out so much for it. if one is looking to save money on electricity bills, i think the difference is not really that fantastic considering the initial outlay is so many times more.

in my case, i guess i don't have much better choices since i hated the heat generated by the halogen lights and LED should be more comfy in this aspect. Just have to bite the bullet and do it :jawdrop:

After a fruitless trip to the wet & rainy Bangkok for a past few days without managing to score any decor items nor furniture for my new place ... boohoo.. headed down to LIKE THAT ONE this afternoon and managed to score some stuff for the new place instead.

9868809674_702e67fc17.jpg

Finally found the stools (max height 67cm) for the kitchen island although i would have much preferred it in black. Gotta grab these cos one of the partners actually reserved it for me as i called up a couple of days ago telling her to put it on hold for me till i'm back from my trip. When i was there today, the lady who attended to me told me that actually somebody was keen to get it but they couldn't reach me on my mobile for the last few days... ooops! so thumbs up for honouring their promise to keep the stools on hold for me!

9868822206_dcc5921e66.jpg

The perfect lounger for the patio (on the astroturf) as it is so summer & cheery looking. Out of the colors available: white, yellow, green, pink and blue, i chose pink & blue cos they were both gonna be placed outside at my patio... white would tend to turn yellow i guess.. and green on the astroturf wouldn't stand out as much. I like the yellow too but it's in an egg shape... thus the best choice would be pink+blue combination. Just perfect for a his/her combination.. one for me, one for the BF. Oh, i must say that it's really comfy!

9868813336_e96901103b.jpg

The happy family of the acapulco chairs:

9868819966_6924ee0b22.jpg

Edited by sleepybeauty

but hor... cleanning will be a problem.. not kidding you. Coming from the man who cleans the dishes after dinner.

hmm .. can enlighten how come stainless steel sink cleaning will be a problem?

hmm, thanks for the tip off... but i already called hansgrohe but the guy said that they do not sell the connector for the faucet. anyway i guess i will go search for the connector before committing to get the faucet from amazon.

the european website that sells hansgrohe / grohe faucets are selling it at a much higher price.. the savings are not as fantastic compared to amazon :(

Got the connectors from Able Hydraulic and Industrial Supply (Ubi) recommended by bro Snuffles.

Just a simple 2 way copper connectors fixed to the end of the 2 mixer tube.

Delivery from Amazon was fast too. I got my hansgrohe faucet within a week.

Edited by bettarism

Got the connectors from Able Hydraulic and Industrial Supply (Ubi) recommended by bro Snuffles.

OMG! u are a life saver!! how much is the connector?

After a fruitless trip to the wet & rainy Bangkok for a past few days without managing to score any decor items nor furniture for my new place ... boohoo.. headed down to LIKE THAT ONE this afternoon and managed to score some stuff for the new place instead.

9868809674_702e67fc17.jpg

Finally found the stools (max height 67cm) for the kitchen island although i would have much preferred it in black. Gotta grab these cos one of the partners actually reserved it for me as i called up a couple of days ago telling her to put it on hold for me till i'm back from my trip. When i was there today, the lady who attended to me told me that actually somebody was keen to get it but they couldn't reach me on my mobile for the last few days... ooops! so thumbs up for honouring their promise to keep the stools on hold for me!

9868822206_dcc5921e66.jpg

The perfect lounger for the patio (on the astroturf) as it is so summer & cheery looking. Out of the colors available: white, yellow, green, pink and blue, i chose pink & blue cos they were both gonna be placed outside at my patio... white would tend to turn yellow i guess.. and green on the astroturf wouldn't stand out as much. I like the yellow too but it's in an egg shape... thus the best choice would be pink+blue combination. Just perfect for a his/her combination.. one for me, one for the BF. Oh, i must say that it's really comfy!

9868813336_e96901103b.jpg

The happy family of the acapulco chairs:

9868819966_6924ee0b22.jpg

The blue and pink patio chairs are very cheery! I think they'll look a real treat against the green astroturf! :thumbs up:

zihui>> i think so too! thought some colors would be nice since my interiors are mainly darker colors...

bettarism>> thanks very much for the info, appreciate that alot! i just put my order in for the hansgrohe faucet from amazon!

This post should be pinned! I expect an exodus of hansgrohe faucets to be purchased from amazon following this post. Heh

• Like 2